Question About Toneport Ux2.
Jesse
Jul 12 2008, 12:06 PM
GMC:er
I'm saving for a toneport UX2 (It's a long way, just spend my money on a guitar case xD) But, is it possible to record what you are playing and at the same time film it with a digital camera? What would be the best "both in quality and price" option to get a clear image and crystal clear sound?

Thanks and Greetings, Jesse.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 12 2008, 12:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm you can record simultaneously with a recording software sound and with video software capture picture and than sync two files together (its fairly easy to do)...But than again I'm not sure if windows movie maker allows you to capture from your camera and set a different audio capture device (it may be possible) if so than you can select toneport as audio device...I record by connecting output of the toneport ux2 to line in(mic in) on my camcorder...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 12 2008, 12:18 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 12 2008, 01:13 PM) *
Hmm you can record simultaneously with a recording software sound and with video software capture picture and than sync two files together (its fairly easy to do)...But than again I'm not sure if windows movie maker allows you to capture from your camera and set a different audio capture device (it may be possible) if so than you can select toneport as audio device...I record by connecting output of the toneport ux2 to line in(mic in) on my camcorder...

... THat sounds logical yet so magical xD No, thats a great idea.. never thought about that. Can I ask, what camcorder you use? Or what kind would be optimal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 12 2008, 02:10 PM
Well I use a professional camcorder (Sony VX2100e) but any one really with the Mic in/line in should do the trick nicely..But keep in mind that when you record that way everything you hear out of toneports headphones out will be captured to DV card or whatever format camcorder uses ( what you hear is what you get smile.gif )..When using the synicing audio method you can do some post production and mixing on the track and backing itself...So every method has its good and bad sides smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jul 12 2008, 02:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 12 2008, 05:50 PM
Instructor
I agree with Bogdan, going for the camera with line or mic in is a good way to go. The other option is to sync the files together. When recording you record them in different software.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 13 2008, 09:18 AM
I'll think I'll save money for a Toneport first, so I can already put some on the pc, and then later go for a cam. Since it's very expensive. Thanks,

Would guitar rig 3 actually be better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 14 2008, 09:56 AM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 13 2008, 10:18 AM) *
I'll think I'll save money for a Toneport first, so I can already put some on the pc, and then later go for a cam. Since it's very expensive. Thanks,

Would guitar rig 3 actually be better?

Well it could be better , but in that case you need a good professional sound card which is a little more expensive than the toneport..For example Emu1212 ..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:04 AM