Latest Karate Grading
Ben Higgins
Dec 18 2011, 11:11 AM
Instructor
Hey Guys, I just wanted to share that I graded yesterday and ended up getting a double grade.. I was an 8th Kyu (red belt) and was going for 7th Kyu (yellow belt) but I also got asked to come back in and do some things that were 6th kyu (green) level and I ended up getting 6th Kyu !! I didn't plan for that at all so I was very surprised it ! biggrin.gif

Attached Image

I feel very honoured because I've only ever graded twice.. and both times I double graded - did 2 belts at a time.

If you wonder how it works, Kyu refers to all the 'colour' belts. You start as a white belt (10th Kyu) and you work you way down to 1st Kyu, which is brown belt and 2 white stripes. The next is black belt, which is 1st Dan. Dan means 'degree' or 'level' and refers to all the black belt grades. The Dan grade then goes up from 1st to 10th, being the highest. Most people who have 10th Dan next to their name were awarded the rank posthumously and there are few living people who hold that rank.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:28 PM