> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Guitar Genius Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2013, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice phrases happening there. It's time to take your technique to a new level and be able to play the trickier licks tighter. Here you have some 5/6 strings exercises:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43490
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...king-arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Sweep-...-7th-Arpeggios/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Nov 23 2013, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/smoothy

HOW İS İT?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2013, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Nov 23 2013, 07:47 AM) *

Hi mate! Nice playing on this take. There are some moments in which you sound like Santana, then you start to become more personal and that's what we take and develop. Jamming over these type is very helpful, and combined with technique and theory work will take your playing to a new level.

What are you practicing nowadays? Do you have some kind of guitar routine?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Nov 24 2013, 10:21 AM
Actually I am trying to make solos like Randy Rhoads I like his style and tone he has amazing solo in mr crowley and crazy train Can you give me the notes that are about his style and technique
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2013, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Randy was an amazing guitar player. He had classical background and created his own style combining the rocker style of classics like Jimmy Page with the roots of shred guitar. He took his classical etudes and influences and combined them with his own way of playing heavy metal and helped to create the neoclassical guitar playing style. He had a very tight technique that combined alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping and legato.

The best ways to understand and study a guitarist in following this steps:

- Listen to all his music.
- Read about his bio and influences.
- If you find a musician that influenced him very much, consider analyzing him too.
- Learn some of his most used licks. You can use youtube for this, just write Randy Roads licks and you get this: LINK
- Analyze his compositions. Learn the riffs, the chord progressions and see what typè of tonalities and combination of chords he uses during the songs and also during his solos.
- Learn some of his solos. Isolate the difficult parts and create variations for diary practice. Analyze what is happening there. (theory)
- Practice the solos over the backing tracks and try to create variations of the licks to make them of your own.

Those are the guidelines that I would use to analyze a guitarist. Sometimes you also can check their guitar clinics, but in this case I think that it's not possible. You can check his GMC lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Randy-Rhoads-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/one-on-one/tapping-2/

Let me know what you think and please count with me if you want my help /guidance to do it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Nov 28 2013, 07:47 PM
Suddenly my interest of metal is increasing I want to learn which techniques can ı play in metal
can you give me the names and exercises about them thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2013, 02:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Nov 28 2013, 03:47 PM) *
Suddenly my interest of metal is increasing I want to learn which techniques can ı play in metal
can you give me the names and exercises about them thanks

Hi mate! Metal is great for developing your guitar technique. The most used techniques are:

Palm Muting
Alternate Picking
Sweep Picking
Legato
Vibrato
Bending
Pinch Harmonics
Only Downstrokes Rhythms

The most used scales are:

Pentatonic Minor
Minor Aeolian
Phrygian Mode
Harmonic minor
Mixolydian Mode
Chromatic Scale

If you want, I can help you to design a Metal Course with weekly guitar routines to master this style. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Nov 29 2013, 09:07 PM
that would be great thanks

This post has been edited by GuitarGenius: Nov 29 2013, 09:13 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2013, 12:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Nov 29 2013, 05:07 PM) *
that would be great thanks

Cool! Let's for it. How many hours a day can you dedicate to music / guitar ?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Dec 1 2013, 07:46 AM
Actually I will have unlimited time for guitar after next week because my exams will be finished and I could do whatever I want tongue.gif
So I can start this weekend

This post has been edited by GuitarGenius: Dec 1 2013, 07:47 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2013, 03:32 AM
Instructor
Ok mate! Let's start designing our METAL COURSE. smile.gif

The plan for the first week would look like this:

WEEK 1:

Warming up + Stretches

HOUR 1:

- Alternate Picking

- Legato

- Theory

HOUR 2:

- Palm Muting

- Sweep Picking

- Theory

RECOMMENDED ALBUMS for this week:

I will start filling with lessons for each topic. However I would like to ask you first to write a list (bigger possible) of metal bands that you like.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Dec 2 2013, 07:29 PM
I love Saxon, Ozzy(with Randy Rhoads, Motorhead, İron Maiden, Black sabbath and Megadeth

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2013, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Dec 2 2013, 03:29 PM) *
I love Saxon, Ozzy(with Randy Rhoads, Motorhead, İron Maiden, Black sabbath and Megadeth

Classics! Great ones. What about music theory? Do you know the scales that I listed? What about tonalities, triads, chords, etc?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Dec 28 2013, 08:35 AM
https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/david-gilmo...un-yandan-yemi-
i
This david gilmour style playing

How is it mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2013, 04:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Dec 28 2013, 04:35 AM) *
https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/david-gilmo...un-yandan-yemi-
i
This david gilmour style playing

How is it mellow.gif

Hi mate, it says: Sorry! We can't find that track.
Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in?
Maybe the track has been removed.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Dec 29 2013, 12:51 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 28 2013, 03:03 PM) *
Hi mate, it says: Sorry! We can't find that track.
Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in?
Maybe the track has been removed.

https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/david-gilmo...n-yandan-yemi-i

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2013, 05:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Dec 29 2013, 08:51 AM) *

Hi mate. It sounds nice. There are some phrases very interesting and there are some other parts that need more definition (talking about the composition / improvisation). There is something usually called "Answer & question" that means a connection between phrases melodically that seems to be a dialogue. I think that you solo needs more connection among phrases. Your technique on this one is good, and there are only some fast licks that could sound smoother. There overall is ok.

We have to define your routine... do you have a list of suggested lessons that fill the topics?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Dec 30 2013, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 29 2013, 04:04 PM) *
Hi mate. It sounds nice. There are some phrases very interesting and there are some other parts that need more definition (talking about the composition / improvisation). There is something usually called "Answer & question" that means a connection between phrases melodically that seems to be a dialogue. I think that you solo needs more connection among phrases. Your technique on this one is good, and there are only some fast licks that could sound smoother. There overall is ok.

We have to define your routine... do you have a list of suggested lessons that fill the topics?

Hi gab,

For Starting,
I Definitely start with techniques that are fst like sweep picknig
In sweep picking I can do it but I cant use it in metal so I want to improoves it

Can you help me

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2013, 10:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, !"Sweep Picking" should be only one part of your diary routine if you want to make the course effective. The idea is to select a lesson for each topic and work on it. I would like you to suggest some lessons to fill the first week routine. Then I will obviously help you with each technique, but at first we have to define the exercises / lessons.

WEEK 1:

Warming up + Stretches

HOUR 1:

- Alternate Picking
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-1/

- Legato
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

- Theory
Learn new topics weekly from here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47852

HOUR 2:

- Palm Muting
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

- Sweep Picking
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

- Theory

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 17 2014, 07:33 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Dec 31 2013, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 30 2013, 09:59 PM) *
Hi mate, !"Sweep Picking" should be only one part of your diary routine if you want to make the course effective. The idea is to select a lesson for each topic and work on it. I would like you to suggest some lessons to fill the first week routine. Then I will obviously help you with each technique, but at first we have to define the exercises / lessons.

WEEK 1:

Warming up + Stretches

HOUR 1:

- Alternate Picking

- Legato

- Theory

HOUR 2:

- Palm Muting

- Sweep Picking

- Theory

hi gab
The Routine is really goof thanks
I can start tomorrow
What do you suggest as cources

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:29 PM