Is There Any Good Tone For Accoustic Sound ?, can't find a good accoustic tone
sumitnxt
Mar 12 2014, 06:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
hi guys i have never found a good tone that emulates the accoustic guitar sound on the electric guitar.

if you have any please share
anything line6, guitarrig, amplitube would do.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
TreyDeschamp
Mar 12 2014, 06:09 PM
Personally I think the reason for that is that acoustic and electric guitars are different.

On an electric guitar you can get a nice, clean, reverberated sound but it'll never compare to that natural wooden, full sound of an acoustic.

That probably doesn't help too much but I think its a way to look at things. I personally feel like a clean and reverberated sound is the closest we can get to an acoustic sound from an electric guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 12 2014, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 12 2014, 05:09 PM) *
Personally I think the reason for that is that acoustic and electric guitars are different.

On an electric guitar you can get a nice, clean, reverberated sound but it'll never compare to that natural wooden, full sound of an acoustic.

That probably doesn't help too much but I think its a way to look at things. I personally feel like a clean and reverberated sound is the closest we can get to an acoustic sound from an electric guitar.

i agree any sounds i have heard are far from what i would call accoustic

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 12 2014, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
One other reason is acoustic sound is too complex for the electric guitar pickup.

But just for fun you can try selecting the neck in parallel (if humbucker, otherwise just the neck single) then add some bass freq.s to that bright sound. İf non are avalible just make a smile face sort of eq setting. Adding a tiny bit chous to this also might sound good enough for demo stuff. Just don't expect or spend too much time to make it super close to a real acoustic guitar.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 12 2014, 06:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 12 2014, 06:58 PM
Learning Roadie
I saw an acoustic pedal at Guitar Center. Unfortunately it sounded nothing like an acoustic guitar. It's honesty like trying to put a pickup on a acoustic guitar. It never sounds right; because acoustic has such a unique sound. I've honestly been playing on an electric guitar for the last 4 months. I've always preferred the sound of the acoustic guitar so much more. Of course it's really a different instrument that an electric guitar in my opinion, and I want to learn that instrument as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Renan
Mar 12 2014, 08:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Even you use an acoustic simulator , It's not the same. If you need a great acoustic sound , you need an acoustic guitar I think. I was also trying to get a similar sonud with my tele from Line6, I wasted lots of time . It's hard to tell in English for me sorry smile.gif

+Quote Post
Josh Adams
Mar 12 2014, 11:11 PM
In my experience I've always enjoyed getting the cleanest sound out of an electric, with as little reverb as humanly possible. Its still not going to go anywhere near emulating that acoustic sound but I think there are some similar effects there.

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 13 2014, 08:32 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 12 2014, 05:58 PM) *
One other reason is acoustic sound is too complex for the electric guitar pickup.

But just for fun you can try selecting the neck in parallel (if humbucker, otherwise just the neck single) then add some bass freq.s to that bright sound. İf non are avalible just make a smile face sort of eq setting. Adding a tiny bit chous to this also might sound good enough for demo stuff. Just don't expect or spend too much time to make it super close to a real acoustic guitar.

thanks, gonna check smile.gif

QUOTE (Renan @ Mar 12 2014, 07:48 PM) *
Even you use an acoustic simulator , It's not the same. If you need a great acoustic sound , you need an acoustic guitar I think. I was also trying to get a similar sonud with my tele from Line6, I wasted lots of time . It's hard to tell in English for me sorry smile.gif

i think you're right smile.gif

QUOTE (Josh Adams @ Mar 12 2014, 10:11 PM) *
In my experience I've always enjoyed getting the cleanest sound out of an electric, with as little reverb as humanly possible. Its still not going to go anywhere near emulating that acoustic sound but I think there are some similar effects there.

yeah the accoustic sound is just not achievable i guess !!

QUOTE (Palacios @ Mar 12 2014, 05:58 PM) *
I saw an acoustic pedal at Guitar Center. Unfortunately it sounded nothing like an acoustic guitar. It's honesty like trying to put a pickup on a acoustic guitar. It never sounds right; because acoustic has such a unique sound. I've honestly been playing on an electric guitar for the last 4 months. I've always preferred the sound of the acoustic guitar so much more. Of course it's really a different instrument that an electric guitar in my opinion, and I want to learn that instrument as well. smile.gif

yeah man accoustic sound is too good. i wish some genius would make a good accoustic tone hack or something smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2014, 10:05 AM
Instructor
Sadly, there is nothing that can match it smile.gif I am in love with the acoustic guitar more than ever and if you want a good acoustic sound, my best suggestion would be to get an acoustic guitar. Anything else would simply take away the real pleasure of playing acoustic.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 13 2014, 01:46 PM
Learning Roadie
All electric guitar

https://soundcloud.com/mattkid/acoustic-and-violin

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 13 2014, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Unfortunately I have never found satisfying acoustic emulation. One of best devices (best designed for acoustic as well) wa Fishman Aura stomp preamp. I heard it live and in recording. You could really cheat the listener that the guitar was recorded with microphone. Unfortunately didn't try how it works with electric guitar...

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 13 2014, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 13 2014, 03:05 PM) *
Unfortunately I have never found satisfying acoustic emulation. One of best devices (best designed for acoustic as well) wa Fishman Aura stomp preamp. I heard it live and in recording. You could really cheat the listener that the guitar was recorded with microphone. Unfortunately didn't try how it works with electric guitar...

ok darius , thanks

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 13 2014, 05:49 PM
Oh I almost forgot this one smile.gif A software engineer I do betas for sampled this from a real acoustic guitar body, unfortunately its not an ir but just make this curve (simply, no detail needed) on any eq plug-in it should sound better than many other solutions wink.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 13 2014, 05:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 13 2014, 06:23 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 13 2014, 04:49 PM) *
Oh I almost forgot this one smile.gif A software engineer I do betas for sampled this from a real acoustic guitar body, unfortunately its not an ir but just make this curve (simply, no detail needed) on any eq plug-in it should sound better than many other solutions wink.gif

thanks Mertay smile.gif lets hope it will work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2014, 08:07 PM
You may need to try a different approach is all smile.gif How about this for accoustic tone?
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/12-string-acoustic-guitar-test

QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 12 2014, 01:06 PM) *
hi guys i have never found a good tone that emulates the accoustic guitar sound on the electric guitar.

if you have any please share
anything line6, guitarrig, amplitube would do.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2014, 10:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 13 2014, 03:05 PM) *

That little pedal is extremely well done smile.gif I was checking it out onstage - a friend of mine has it and it sounds amazing! smile.gif The little one, Aura Sixteen is about 245 EUR new. I think I might get that one, as the big one is more expensive and I don't think I need all those gimmicks it has for the price.

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 14 2014, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 13 2014, 07:07 PM) *
You may need to try a different approach is all smile.gif How about this for accoustic tone?

awesome sound. definitely best accoustic sound i've heard . what is this ?

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 13 2014, 12:46 PM) *

nice . strumming is great. how about single notes ?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 14 2014, 11:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 13 2014, 08:07 PM) *

That had a bit of a...ehr...harpsichord quality to it, doesn't it?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 15 2014, 08:24 AM
You're gonna love this smile.gif It's a ROCK BAND video game controller that I'm using to trigger a guitar sound bank in my DAW. smile.gif In this case, the free guitar midi patches that come with Garage Band. On windows you could do the same thing with SAMPLE TANK FREE which is free and full of sounds smile.gif The controller costs about $50. It will also work with Rock band and Guitar hero smile.gif Here is a picture of the unit.
Attached Image

and here's a vid with more demo sounds.

spiff eh? Who would have thought a plastic toy guitar could make some nice acoustic sounds eh?

Todd

QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 14 2014, 05:46 AM) *
awesome sound. definitely best accoustic sound i've heard . what is this ?

nice . strumming is great. how about single notes ?

well, it's midi so yeah smile.gif Also, if you are listening on a Satellite/sub system, or ear buds, or laptop computer speakers, the mids get cut out and it sound very harpsichordist smile.gif
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 14 2014, 06:45 AM) *
That had a bit of a...ehr...harpsichord quality to it, doesn't it?

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 15 2014, 12:52 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 15 2014, 07:24 AM) *
You're gonna love this smile.gif It's a ROCK BAND video game controller that I'm using to trigger a guitar sound bank in my DAW. smile.gif In this case, the free guitar midi patches that come with Garage Band. On windows you could do the same thing with SAMPLE TANK FREE which is free and full of sounds smile.gif The controller costs about $50. It will also work with Rock band and Guitar hero smile.gif Here is a picture of the unit.
Attached Image

and here's a vid with more demo sounds.

spiff eh? Who would have thought a plastic toy guitar could make some nice acoustic sounds eh?

Todd

well, it's midi so yeah smile.gif Also, if you are listening on a Satellite/sub system, or ear buds, or laptop computer speakers, the mids get cut out and it sound very harpsichordist smile.gif

unbelievable, i gotta get one smile.gif

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Mar 15 2014, 12:53 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:57 AM