Don't Know How To Recording Metal?, Well I'm here to help this time!!
eLeCtRoFrEaK0036
Oct 15 2012, 11:07 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys, it's Isiah here with a new video like I promised. This time I'll be giving you the information and help instead of me asking questions...check out the video, if you have any questions comment on the video... I'll get to it quicker...with that being said, here's your video. As always Like the video, if you "like the video" and Like my Facebook page as well... Thank you and don't forget to subscribe..haha

Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention that this video has me doing vocals at the end too...haha enjoy...Note: that was my first time attempting vocals after practicing it for a while...still need work, but I'm satisfied with it..I've come a long way....longgg wayyyy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Follow me on Twitter
Visit My Website
Please like my Facebook page
Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

There's only room for improvement. Never give up on what you love!
#TheWorldisYours

-IsiahDrew
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 15 2012, 11:25 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Just a couple of suggestions:

1/ Watch your levels as you clip the master bus. You might want to look in to the issue of correct digital gainstaging.
2/ Maybe add more explanation and comments on what you are doing, why and how.
3/ Maybe explain and describe what the Scarlett is and does and why you think it is a good interface.
4/ Check that your dexcriptions of gear is correct. The SM57 is a mic not an interface.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
eLeCtRoFrEaK0036
Oct 15 2012, 10:39 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 15 2012, 10:25 AM) *
4/ Check that your dexcriptions of gear is correct. The SM57 is a mic not an interface.

I noticed that after rending out the video which took a long while....but I didn't think it would be a problem...haha thanks for your input though...always apprieciated!

--------------------
Follow me on Twitter
Visit My Website
Please like my Facebook page
Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

There's only room for improvement. Never give up on what you love!
#TheWorldisYours

-IsiahDrew

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2012, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (eLeCtRoFrEaK0036 @ Oct 15 2012, 05:39 PM) *
I noticed that after rending out the video which took a long while....but I didn't think it would be a problem...haha thanks for your input though...always apprieciated!

It's one of your first vids so some mistakes are to be expected, just like the first time playing a new tune. The good news is, you put together a nice looking video here, (Well done !) and you learned how to use an Interface with Reaper which is worth knowing.

As you continue to make vids, here are some tips to keep in mind.

1.)Even if you are certain it's perfect, watch the entire Vid all the way through before final rendering to find the issues/mistakes that will save you another render.

2.)Don't "over render" meaning, if you don't need a video to be full 1080p HD, then don't waste the time to render it that high. If 720p, will do, it can save time/space on the drive.

3.)Watch all your levels for "clipping" (clipping is when the level meter goes in to the RED). Clipping causes audible distortion and tracks like vocals don't benefit from this.

But, all said, congrats on jumping in to the world of instructional vids!

Todd

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 18 2012, 06:37 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
You are off to a great start Electro! smile.gif Keep it going man and definately take these guys advice. I especially liked the durability test where you stood on the interface biggrin.gif Has anyone ever told you your voice sounds a bit like Mos Def sometimes?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:57 AM