13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Kaznie_NL, Uploads and Discussion
lcsdds
Jul 6 2009, 01:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Kaz....busy weekend over here.....4th of July and all. smile.gif I think you should stick with the first intro/theme you had.....I like it better. Soft is OK.....gives it good contrast. The other parts sound good.....just clean them up a little bit. Did you listen to the Satch tune I was talking about??? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 6 2009, 01:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 6 2009, 02:13 PM) *
Hi Kaz....busy weekend over here.....4th of July and all. smile.gif I think you should stick with the first intro/theme you had.....I like it better. Soft is OK.....gives it good contrast. The other parts sound good.....just clean them up a little bit. Did you listen to the Satch tune I was talking about??? smile.gif

Yeah, but I'm not sure what you meant?

He uses a lot of chording to make the solo sound, is that what you mean? BTW, I'm probably going to stretch the first rocking part a bit, then let the drum roll come for the chorus, which is also the slot, and I'll make that also a bit longer hten it is now. I want to get some technical stuff in the last verse part, but it's hard to think of somehting, you have any cool tapping ideas? I used some triads for the tapping, but it sounded exactly like Van Halen's eruption tapping solo tongue.gif

BTW, can we get on with some more theory? Just some guidence for me to learn all the patterns of the Maj scale, and then get a bit more into modes? Maybe just reapeating what we did wink.gif

bTW, you think I even stand a chance?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 6 2009, 08:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 6 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Yeah, but I'm not sure what you meant?

He uses a lot of chording to make the solo sound, is that what you mean? BTW, I'm probably going to stretch the first rocking part a bit, then let the drum roll come for the chorus, which is also the slot, and I'll make that also a bit longer hten it is now. I want to get some technical stuff in the last verse part, but it's hard to think of somehting, you have any cool tapping ideas? I used some triads for the tapping, but it sounded exactly like Van Halen's eruption tapping solo tongue.gif

BTW, can we get on with some more theory? Just some guidence for me to learn all the patterns of the Maj scale, and then get a bit more into modes? Maybe just reapeating what we did wink.gif

bTW, you think I even stand a chance?

I ALWAYS have tapping ideas.... tongue.gif laugh.gif Tell me what you want to work on as far learning the patterns of the Maj scale? I think to do this Kaz you are gonna need to organize your practice time a little......I know you don't like doing this but I think it's the easiest way to do it. I learned all the patterns by taking a sequence or a run and then just applying it to all the box shpaes. Easiest way to do it. I think Ivan just posted a lesson about learning the Diatonic boxes. I like your idea for the song.......I liked your initial intro/theme better as well. You should just expand on that.

There is always a chance or you winning Kaz.....but look at it more as an opportunity for you to work on your compositional skills..... smile.gif \m/\m/

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 7 2009, 03:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 6 2009, 09:16 PM) *
I ALWAYS have tapping ideas.... tongue.gif laugh.gif Tell me what you want to work on as far learning the patterns of the Maj scale? I think to do this Kaz you are gonna need to organize your practice time a little......I know you don't like doing this but I think it's the easiest way to do it. I learned all the patterns by taking a sequence or a run and then just applying it to all the box shpaes. Easiest way to do it. I think Ivan just posted a lesson about learning the Diatonic boxes. I like your idea for the song.......I liked your initial intro/theme better as well. You should just expand on that.

There is always a chance or you winning Kaz.....but look at it more as an opportunity for you to work on your compositional skills..... smile.gif \m/\m/

I really liked the exercises you gave, using theory. Like the timing ones, I used them more for learning the diatonic boxes wink.gif I know about two of them now tongue.gif BTW, can I only use triads for the soloing, or is 7th arpeggio also good? the triad only is kinda limiting! I also think I don't stretch the song enough.... to make it a bit longer, most songs have repeating stuff.

UPDATE: I kinda start to like the intro in the latest version ^^ it does have a little Rubina thing in it wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jul 7 2009, 03:09 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 7 2009, 07:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Brused Pinky xD Every time I use pinky I have pain tongue.gif screwed up xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 7 2009, 08:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 7 2009, 03:10 PM) *
I really liked the exercises you gave, using theory. Like the timing ones, I used them more for learning the diatonic boxes wink.gif I know about two of them now tongue.gif BTW, can I only use triads for the soloing, or is 7th arpeggio also good? the triad only is kinda limiting! I also think I don't stretch the song enough.... to make it a bit longer, most songs have repeating stuff.

UPDATE: I kinda start to like the intro in the latest version ^^ it does have a little Rubina thing in it wink.gif

You can use any kind of arpeggio you want for soloing Kaz.....7th, 9th etc.

Why don't you pick a key and I'll give you some assignments to start learning the diatonic boxes. We'll work both your technique and your box knowledge. We'll make you responsible for 2 boxs a week.....In a month you should know all 7 boxes and you can start using them in your solos..... smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 8 2009, 04:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 7 2009, 09:11 PM) *
You can use any kind of arpeggio you want for soloing Kaz.....7th, 9th etc.

Why don't you pick a key and I'll give you some assignments to start learning the diatonic boxes. We'll work both your technique and your box knowledge. We'll make you responsible for 2 boxs a week.....In a month you should know all 7 boxes and you can start using them in your solos..... smile.gif

Am?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 8 2009, 04:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 8 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Am?

Cool....I'll get you a couple licks that you can work on applying to all 7 boxes. We'll just start with 1 lick.....

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 8 2009, 06:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 8 2009, 05:34 PM) *
Cool....I'll get you a couple licks that you can work on applying to all 7 boxes. We'll just start with 1 lick.....

Pinky still hurts, not much guitar today I think wink.gif That sucks since I'v a song to finish wink.gif I could start doing some tabbing... I don't get how I played the intro tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 9 2009, 09:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Monte! I'v got a replie on one of my replies to a band advertisement. They seek a Lead guitarist, and though I might not be the perfect one, this might be positive wink.gif They said they wanted to meet me, so I gues that's going to happen soon. There is one downside, I know the old lead guitarist (well know... he's a friend of a friend of mine wink.gif ) and he left because of some rows, not good wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 9 2009, 09:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 9 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Monte! I'v got a replie on one of my replies to a band advertisement. They seek a Lead guitarist, and though I might not be the perfect one, this might be positive wink.gif They said they wanted to meet me, so I gues that's going to happen soon. There is one downside, I know the old lead guitarist (well know... he's a friend of a friend of mine wink.gif ) and he left because of some rows, not good wink.gif

What is a row?? tongue.gif laugh.gif Dumb it down.....I'm a dentist... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 9 2009, 09:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 9 2009, 10:46 PM) *
What is a row?? tongue.gif laugh.gif Dumb it down.....I'm a dentist... tongue.gif

Sorry, a fight? a ROUW tongue.gif Like that wink.gif They bought some stuff without talking about it. They also practice a bit to far, but I hope they're open for some change.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 10 2009, 04:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
new version: It's all V1 tongue.gif Added a line or two, and made the final rhuthm. I prolnged the verse and chorus a bit, it's going to be 2:35. I'm planning on finishing it before or at the 13th, so I have a week to tab it out and film it!

Kaz

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 11 2009, 11:03 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
what do you think Monte? The three arpeggio's (the first non-harmonized part) is still written, after that it's just improv, still needs solo wink.gif Ow, they extended the deadline ><

Kaz

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 11 2009, 05:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think it sound good Kaz......The real question is what do YOU think!!! When you think it's good....then it is. That is the beauty of music!!!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 11 2009, 09:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 11 2009, 06:46 PM) *
I think it sound good Kaz......The real question is what do YOU think!!! When you think it's good....then it is. That is the beauty of music!!!

Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't put it in the song wink.gif I'm just lookin for some tips! WINNING!!! whaha. I have to upload before sunday (next week) because then I'm going on a 10 day holiday! (France wink.gif )

Kaz

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 13 2009, 09:49 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
New intro, some updated stuff, what do yu t hink? Critics!!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 13 2009, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Went for a distorted sound in the intro I see. I think it sounds good Kaz....What do you think?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 14 2009, 02:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 13 2009, 08:55 PM) *
Went for a distorted sound in the intro I see. I think it sounds good Kaz....What do you think?

good of course wink.gif Yeah, i had a weird distorted sound, and thought it sounded ok, then switched to a more normal thing.... It's not really cool or anything, but it's hard to make a nice one... I think this'll be it, just lowered a bit in the mix. Oh, you have any cool video ideas? No time left to tab everything out and make a playing vid.. you know anything?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 14 2009, 02:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 14 2009, 02:30 PM) *
good of course wink.gif Yeah, i had a weird distorted sound, and thought it sounded ok, then switched to a more normal thing.... It's not really cool or anything, but it's hard to make a nice one... I think this'll be it, just lowered a bit in the mix. Oh, you have any cool video ideas? No time left to tab everything out and make a playing vid.. you know anything?

I have no cool video ideas. I'm a hack at that stuff..... tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:27 PM