3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
New Dragonforce Video/song
shellshock1911
Jul 12 2008, 06:03 PM
GMC:er
I know a lot of people don't like Dragonforce, but I thought I should share the new song and video "Heroes of Our Time," that will be released on their new album in August, but I just watched it. I have to say I am really impressed. The first third of the song or so sounds like their typical stuff I know, but it gets much better and the song is not Dragonforce's normal song arrangement. Solo is in insane!! Those sweeps at 2:16-2:20 and 3:02-3:04 OMG they are so fast, I didn't even know it was possible to play that fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfo7fpGYvo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 12 2008, 06:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:03 PM) *
I know a lot of people don't like Dragonforce, but I thought I should share the new song and video "Heroes of Our Time," that will be released on their new album in August, but I just watched it. I have to say I am really impressed. The first third of the song or so sounds like their typical stuff I know, but it gets much better and the song is not Dragonforce's normal song arrangement. Solo is in insane!! Those sweeps at 2:16-2:20 and 3:02-3:04 OMG they are so fast, I didn't even know it was possible to play that fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfo7fpGYvo

I have to say I think that song is insane and so is the solo's hopefully they can actually play these live!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jul 12 2008, 06:27 PM
That's insane biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 12 2008, 06:33 PM
Typical Dragonforce.That song actually sounds forced now... maybe its just me. Its not a bad song or anything, just boring.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 12 2008, 06:37 PM
Insane, but not my cup of tea.. smile.gif

The only thing I really dig about Dragonforce is Herman Li's Ibanez! wub.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 12 2008, 06:50 PM
Instructor
I like Dragonforce.. but sometimes i have problems differentiating between their songs.. and this is one of them sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 12 2008, 07:18 PM
I've seen a few videos lately, and Herman seemed less sloppy in them smile.gif . Maybe he's heard everyone's comments on youtube and decided to "clean up his act" a little. wink.gif

QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jul 12 2008, 10:37 AM) *
The only thing I really dig about Dragonforce is Herman Li's Ibanez! wub.gif

smile.gif yeah!

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 12 2008, 10:50 AM) *
I like Dragonforce.. but sometimes i have problems differentiating between their songs.. and this is one of them sad.gif

Yes! That was my exact thought when I first heard Dragonforce.

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jul 12 2008, 08:20 PM
They have to drop about 20bpm off their old stuff to even attempt to play it live, so I can guarantee that this will sound appaling laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 12 2008, 08:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm not a fan but I enjoyed watching the video smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Jul 12 2008, 08:58 PM
Kinda reminds me of EVERY Dragonforce song I've ever heard ... dry.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 09:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Isn't that song a little slow?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 12 2008, 10:44 PM
Of course the intro and the solo sounded like typical Dragonforce, but I thought the 2nd and 3rd verse and outro were really cool and different for Dragonforce to a degree.

Wow I just realized the music video was cut short 3 minutes, I forgot they do that a lot. The album version has the solo at the beginning extended a lot, there is an additional verse and solo between the first solo and piano section that is left out on the video, besides that the main solo is pretty much covered by the video.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 12 2008, 10:48 PM
The whole song to me is bits of some other songs.

I don't hear much difference between this and anything else.

I used to love Dragonforce... I don't hate them now, they do all of their 1 songs pretty well if you know what I mean.

I like to call it Nickelback syndrome.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 12 2008, 11:48 PM
Sounds like the whole last album, which was utter crap. The album artwork is crap, as is the name. They wont be able to play these songs well live.

Just a huge meh.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 13 2008, 12:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jul 12 2008, 05:48 PM) *
Sounds like the whole last album, which was utter crap. The album artwork is crap, as is the name. They wont be able to play these songs well live.

Just a huge meh.

I'm with you on that one.

Whats really gay is most or all of there songs are about video games! What's up with that?!?! I love the video games but just the way they make the songs are cheesy(I mean the lyrics) but yeah.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 13 2008, 12:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
Have you ever heard non-cheesy Powermetal?!?

I like it BECAUSE it's like their old stuff and it depresses me when I see people playing so much better than me...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 13 2008, 02:54 AM
Everything Dragonforce is meant to be cheesy. Their is no need to bash the album art, the album title, or the lyrics, because they laugh at it themselves and even joke about how they screw up live, for them, it is just about the enjoyment of the music, and that is how it should be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 13 2008, 03:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jul 13 2008, 03:54 AM) *
Everything Dragonforce is meant to be cheesy. Their is no need to bash the album art, the album title, or the lyrics, because they laugh at it themselves and even joke about how they screw up live, for them, it is just about the enjoyment of the music, and that is how it should be.

AMEN

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jul 13 2008, 03:53 AM
Enjoyment of the music is one thing but showing off on the album when you can't do it live is another.

That being said, I like that song and the Hot Hand (i think that's what it is called) that Herman Li was using was really cool but I just don't know how it will work live...

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 13 2008, 05:51 AM
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jul 13 2008, 03:53 AM) *
Enjoyment of the music is one thing but showing off on the album when you can't do it live is another.

That being said, I like that song and the Hot Hand (i think that's what it is called) that Herman Li was using was really cool but I just don't know how it will work live...

Yea, by the way, what does that thing do? I notice he shakes his hand and it makes those whammy bar flutters, is it connected by waves to a pedal or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:55 AM