Best Piccard Scene Ever?
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2012, 02:26 PM
GMC:er
So many quotes, so little time! He finally loses his grip NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I WILL MAKE THEM PAY! Just perfect.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 20 2012, 02:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 20 2012, 02:39 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha, I always love that Cpt. Ahab quote, since Patrick Stewart played Ahab in the Moby Dick miniseries two years after "First Contact" was released. I wonder if this line was put in the movie on purpose biggrin.gif

Here's a good collection:

And this one is a classic on youtube laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2012, 03:54 PM
Good pull! I didn't know you were a trek fan? How spiff is that? Also good catch on Piccard playing in Moby dick smile.gif Not everyone knows about that.

BONUS TRIVIA: In "The Wrath of Khan", Khan recites some Moby Dick when he tries to blow up Kirks Ship smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 20 2012, 09:39 AM) *
Ha, I always love that Cpt. Ahab quote, since Patrick Stewart played Ahab in the Moby Dick miniseries two years after "First Contact" was released. I wonder if this line was put in the movie on purpose biggrin.gif

Here's a good collection:

And this one is a classic on youtube laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 20 2012, 03:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2012, 04:54 PM) *
Good pull! I didn't know you were a trek fan? How spiff is that? Also good catch on Piccard playing in Moby dick smile.gif Not everyone knows about that.

BONUS TRIVIA: In "The Wrath of Khan", Khan recites some Moby Dick when he tries to blow up Kirks Ship smile.gif

Todd

Yeah, I'm a Trekkie biggrin.gif
And that Wrath of Khan scene is also epic wink.gif

There were so many hidden jokes in "First Contact"...maybe because Jonathan Frakes directed the movie? IMO the best Star Trek movie ever, though the newest came pretty close smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 25 2012, 09:13 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 20 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Yeah, I'm a Trekkie biggrin.gif
And that Wrath of Khan scene is also epic wink.gif

There were so many hidden jokes in "First Contact"...maybe because Jonathan Frakes directed the movie? IMO the best Star Trek movie ever, though the newest came pretty close smile.gif

I have to agree all the way :0) First Contact by far my Fave. Although I still have a soft spot for KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 25 2012, 09:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Looks like we're the only two Trekkies here though laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 25 2012, 11:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 25 2012, 09:18 PM) *
Looks like we're the only two Trekkies here though laugh.gif

Im probably not a fully fledged trekkie as such, big fan though. I even liked 'Enterprise' with captain archer. Lots of people seem to hate that show but I thought it was excellent...... and not just because Im obsessed with T'Pol! ( although I totally am ) but there was some great episodes in that series even if they did give it the worst ending ever.

picard was cool but Patrick Stewarts best work is in american dad. biggrin.gif

there should be a new star trek series made. so much scope within the franchise Its weird not having some sort of stark trek series.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 26 2012, 07:02 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 26 2012, 12:22 AM) *
Im probably not a fully fledged trekkie as such, big fan though. I even liked 'Enterprise' with captain archer. Lots of people seem to hate that show but I thought it was excellent...... and not just because Im obsessed with T'Pol! ( although I totally am ) but there was some great episodes in that series even if they did give it the worst ending ever.

picard was cool but Patrick Stewarts best work is in american dad. biggrin.gif

there should be a new star trek series made. so much scope within the franchise Its weird not having some sort of stark trek series.

Yes. Yes to all of the above!!

Enterprise rocked and was imho probably the best Star Trek series ever, head-to-head with my beloved Voyager of course.
And yes, T'Pol has been an obsession of mine as well laugh.gif (I even watched the worst movie ever because of Jolene...Starship Troopers 3: Marauder). The very last episode was bad, but the two before ("in a mirror darkly") were awesome. As was the whole story arch in WW II. I liked the fact that they actually build story archs, more than any other series. I heard that was also the reason the series got cancelled.

I liked the new Star Trek movie and am looking forward to the next one, I really thought the success of the movie would kick-off a new series. But obviously not (yet).

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2012, 09:01 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 26 2012, 07:02 AM) *
Yes. Yes to all of the above!!

Enterprise rocked and was imho probably the best Star Trek series ever, head-to-head with my beloved Voyager of course.
And yes, T'Pol has been an obsession of mine as well laugh.gif (I even watched the worst movie ever because of Jolene...Starship Troopers 3: Marauder). The very last episode was bad, but the two before ("in a mirror darkly") were awesome. As was the whole story arch in WW II. I liked the fact that they actually build story archs, more than any other series. I heard that was also the reason the series got cancelled.

I liked the new Star Trek movie and am looking forward to the next one, I really thought the success of the movie would kick-off a new series. But obviously not (yet).

LOL! startship troopers 3, I didnt know she was in it. I must check it out, Im assuming there are shower scenes rolleyes.gif

I really liked Archer as a captain, the way he began all super keen and 'by the book' but after all the stress of the xindi he just didnt care. robbing ships and beating up prisoners.... awesome stuff!
Im fairly sure the whole 'prime directive' was devised because of the stuff Archer done biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:11 PM