Westernguitar = 40 Euros :o
Patrik Jezierski
Mar 24 2008, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys!
Just checked thomann.de and found this:

www.thomann.de/se/harley_benton_hbcg45.htm

okey it's a budget mark but so what, 40 euros for a steelstring guitar with laminated mahogany body ohmy.gif
have anybody tried a Harley Benton guitar? Do they sound ok?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 24 2008, 06:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Don't know anything about it , but the price is more than cool! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 24 2008, 06:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I can only warn you to get a cheap guitar like that. If the end peice is 40E the price for Thomann is about 12-14 Euro and manufacturing is maybe half of that after shipping, customs and taxes.

Laminated in this case I'd belive it's fanér (that's swe but hoping you'd catch in in eng. id you need to) which can be quite a bit less than 1 mm thick. If it's glued on, viola, laminated!

i got a business and amongst other things I've sold electric guitars and I brought home low budget acoustic. I could never sell this with a good conscience. I test them before selling and these ones (end price about 35-40E worth) were impossible to tune. If I tuned them using open chors barré chords at the third fret were already out of tune.
When I tuned it on the fith fret open chords were wrong.
All because the nut was too high. This guitar looks similar, maybe comes from the same factory in China. And if it does, you better stay away from it.
Maybe good for fooling beginners who can bare with the guitar for a few days, then realize they can't play - never figuring it's the guitar - and put the guitar in the closet and just give up mad.gif

All I can say, stay off :-)

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 24 2008, 07:02 PM
Learning Roadie
If the price seems to good to be true then it is you get what what you pay for i would stay well clear

This post has been edited by Bondy: Mar 25 2008, 06:23 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 24 2008, 08:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 24 2008, 06:53 PM) *
I can only warn you to get a cheap guitar like that. If the end peice is 40E the price for Thomann is about 12-14 Euro and manufacturing is maybe half of that after shipping, customs and taxes.

Laminated in this case I'd belive it's fanér (that's swe but hoping you'd catch in in eng. id you need to) which can be quite a bit less than 1 mm thick. If it's glued on, viola, laminated!

i got a business and amongst other things I've sold electric guitars and I brought home low budget acoustic. I could never sell this with a good conscience. I test them before selling and these ones (end price about 35-40E worth) were impossible to tune. If I tuned them using open chors barré chords at the third fret were already out of tune.
When I tuned it on the fith fret open chords were wrong.
All because the nut was too high. This guitar looks similar, maybe comes from the same factory in China. And if it does, you better stay away from it.
Maybe good for fooling beginners who can bare with the guitar for a few days, then realize they can't play - never figuring it's the guitar - and put the guitar in the closet and just give up mad.gif

All I can say, stay off :-)

+1
A good instrument is just not available for this price, so something HAS to be wrong. I don't know this model, but a friend of mine once bought such a cheap guitar (an electric guitar though), and besides the fact that it didn't sound good it was impossible to be tuned properly, so I would also save some more money and go for a better instrument.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 24 2008, 10:42 PM
Instructor
Amen to that. For 40e it would really be a pain to play that guitar for sure, and money down the drain. Save some more until you can find some decent acoustic that you can TRY first also.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 12:10 AM
We have a saying in our country : "we are not that rich to buy cheap" smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Mar 25 2008, 02:49 AM
GMC:er
I hear you guys and I totally agree, but I was thinking more like a "festival"-guitar, you know a guitar that you could bring to such places that you normally wouldn't bring your guitar smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 25 2008, 06:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Whats the point if its gonna sound like **** and it's a pain to tune like Mickem said in his post.Your just gonna get really frustrated and end up doing a Hendrix LOL

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 03:10 PM
Problem its hard to know what is that guitar like until you try it smile.gif It may work as a "festival" one or it may not you won't know.. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:13 AM