Jazz By Name, But Now By Game!, Went crazy on ebay again
mhskeide
Jan 7 2010, 11:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I bring to you tonight, a 2002 MIM Fender Jazzmaster!
After a lot of whining in the forums about which guitar to buy, I fell in love with the JM, and ordered it right away for my surf-project:)
I love the deep tone it creates, which I assume comes from the particular angle between the strings and body with the bridge.
Also, I both understood and found useful the rolling control-wheels above the strings much faster than I expected. Almost like a LP setup, just with some more tonal variations biggrin.gif

Besides the guitar, I`ve ordered more V-picks, a funky neon-orange guitar-cable and some Elixir bass strings (wanted to try them out for a while...and I`ve managed to put no more than 4 D`addario bass-sets a place I cant find them dry.gif )
And I ordered a bunch of cd`s, amongst them: The Answer, Ayreon and Tom Waits.
Next two weeks will be AWESOME when my mailbox will be filled everyday biggrin.gif

Doh! Headline is supposed to say Jazz by name, but NOT by game tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 7 2010, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Ah thats the new guitar! Very cool, I like it a lot smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 7 2010, 11:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
It looks cool, just as I remember it! smile.gif But the bridge can't be stock, it looks like a gibson-one to me....

//Staffay

EDIT: And the pick-ups may not be stock as well, it looks like P-90's from here bit I might be wrong...

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jan 7 2010, 11:25 PM

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jan 7 2010, 11:33 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 7 2010, 11:23 PM) *
It looks cool, just as I remember it! smile.gif But the bridge can't be stock, it looks like a gibson-one to me....

//Staffay

EDIT: And the pick-ups may not be stock as well, it looks like P-90's from here bit I might be wrong...

I think it`s stock, since it`s engraved Fenderon the bridge tongue.gif

Here is a link to the specs: http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0141600306

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 7 2010, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jan 7 2010, 11:33 PM) *
I think it`s stock, since it`s engraved Fenderon the bridge tongue.gif

Here is a link to the specs: http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0141600306

Yeah, they may have replaced the old bridge, that was bad anyway... here how it looks on the old one's....
And the Pickups looks like they are stock comparing to the link You've sent.... I didn't remember that they were
that wide.... old man ya know... tongue.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 8 2010, 12:20 AM
GMC:er
Congrats on the new Axe man!!!!

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 7 2010, 10:40 PM) *
Yeah, they may have replaced the old bridge, that was bad anyway... here how it looks on the old one's....
And the Pickups looks like they are stock comparing to the link You've sent.... I didn't remember that they were
that wide.... old man ya know... tongue.gif

Definitely your memory mate!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jan 8 2010, 12:23 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
The bridge may explain a thing. My luthier said the guitar was crap and looked suspiciously on me when I said I`d bought it. Let`s hope he was thinking about the old bridge as well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2010, 01:47 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats on getting it mate! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jan 8 2010, 07:52 AM
Instructor
i LOVE it! congrats!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 8 2010, 07:59 AM
nice biggrin.gif

What are the sliders for? I see em hanging in shops from time to time and going... why the oreo cookie does fender have a guitar with all those knobs!

nice biggrin.gif

What are the sliders for? I see em hanging in shops from time to time and going... why the oreo cookie does fender have a guitar with all those knobs!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 8 2010, 09:22 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Cool guitar, congratulations biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2010, 11:56 AM
Instructor
COngrats mate it looks pretty cool! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 8 2010, 01:35 PM
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jan 7 2010, 11:23 PM) *
The bridge may explain a thing. My luthier said the guitar was crap and looked suspiciously on me when I said I`d bought it. Let`s hope he was thinking about the old bridge as well smile.gif

He shouldn't have done! It's a re-designed bridge as the originals were very bad at staying in tune! Yours is not supposed to be an exact copy of an original one, it has new designed pickups as well as the bridge, although the switching system seems to be the same (if my memory isn't as bad as Staffays!!!).

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jan 8 2010, 01:41 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
It`s three sliders. The top on is a lead/rhytm switch, which changes the tone between a more trebly and mid based tone and a very mellow, jazzy tone. With that switch and the three-way-toggle, I basicly have six pup-combinations smile.gif
The the slides are tone and volume for the rhytm mode, while the "usual" knobs are volum and rhytm for lead mode. That also gives me the oppurtunity of playing with a killswitch biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 8 2010, 07:59 AM) *
nice biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 8 2010, 01:35 PM) *
(if my memory isn't as bad as Staffays!!!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2010, 03:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice sunburst! Congrats smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 8 2010, 04:08 PM
Instructor
nice old fashioned guitar, Frusciante style! congrats

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:46 AM