Hey Yall
lefthandman
Jun 18 2007, 09:33 PM
GMC:er
Hey every1 whats up and how are ya! Im a 14 yr old kid from the Southern United States and ive been a member at GMC for about a month or so now but havent used it as much i need to but im changing that now. Ive been playing guitar for a lil over a yr and am intrested in playing almost any kind of music. I also have a problem that ive notice about my practicing that i was hopin some1 could help me with. See ive noticed that my practicing isnt very effective even though i use a metromnome so if anybodys got any advice for me ill be on my way to becoming a better guitar player from this great website. Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 19 2007, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Hi lefthandman,

First off welcome!

Secondly, simply using the metronome consistently is something to be said about your practice is something to be said, at least to me. Even I don't use my metronome consistently like I should. What kind of stuff are you practicing and why do you think that your sessions are inefficient? Answer those two questions and I'm sure we'll be able to help you out some more!

If you aren't already, start learning scales (pentatonic are the most referred to start learning on this site I do believe) and practicing those. Depending on what you want to be playing, look at the alt picking lessons to start and then maybe after your "practice" go find another lesson or a song that you want to learn and try applying your new techniques (like alt picking) to the song.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:37 PM