Carpet Help, Paint + carpet = baaddd
Smikey2006
Aug 25 2007, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
Okay guys i need help.. i have.. done a very bad thing.. i was painting and have spilt black paint in many many many small spots around my brown carpet.. its 1 of those short hair carpets not like a woven carpet but i have no idea how to get it out.. i got many of them off when they happened but it got too late and when i awoke i noticed alot that didn't come off or i missed.. you guys know of any products or household things i would have that would work for removing them? Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Aug 25 2007, 01:17 AM
water based shouldn't be a big deal. Soap and water - then scrub. Oil based......you're screwed as you'll need paint thinner and then that's gonna smell up the house for quite some time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 25 2007, 01:40 AM
If that dont work, maybe you can trim up the spots with a pair of scissors. Dont make holes, just trim most of the black paint

This post has been edited by Travelin' Man: Aug 25 2007, 01:42 AM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 25 2007, 08:00 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Paint thinners might lift some of the dye out of the carpet as well Smikey. So do a test on a small piece first (or better still an off cut if you have one). If that doesn't wok any chance of relaying the carpet to put the spots under a bit of furniture or something?

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Aug 25 2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah just move your room around, let it sort itself out. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 25 2007, 08:32 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Used to do it all the time when I was a student. Did it so often I forgot what colour the carpet was originally tongue.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:43 AM