Billy Sheehan
The Uncreator
Dec 9 2007, 03:47 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Amazing bass player, chances are if youre familiar with gilbert you are familiar with sheehan, he has also played with vai too, and tons of other musicians.

Billy Sheehan And Paul Gilbert - Addicted To That Rush
Billy Sheehan Solo
Billy Sheehan - Live Improv Solo
Billy Sheehan Vs. Steve Vai

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 9 2007, 03:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 9 2007, 04:03 AM
GMC:er
Awesome bassist. He's on the latest Marty Friedman solo album also. Good stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 9 2007, 04:08 AM
He still plays with Vai as far as i know.Yes he is one of the best in my opinion.I got to see him live about 3 years ago and it was mind blowing.He can truly shred on a bass biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 9 2007, 04:09 AM
Hmm... I actually don't like him that much. As talented as he obviously is, it seems to me like he is just trying to play guitar stuff on a bass... I prefer people like Victor Wooten, who understand and put to use the unique qualities of the bass.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 9 2007, 04:14 AM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Dec 9 2007, 03:09 AM) *
Hmm... I actually don't like him that much. As talented as he obviously is, it seems to me like he is just trying to play guitar stuff on a bass... I prefer people like Victor Wooten, who understand and put to use the unique qualities of the bass.

I do agree with the Victor Wooten thing.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 9 2007, 04:19 AM
I like how he doesnt rely on traditional bass sounds and techniques and adds more melody into his playing.

This is just a small sample, his solo stuff is way better.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 9 2007, 05:27 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
He is so great and even though I'm not the fan of shredding on bass I really like him..And I soooo much regret that I missed to see/hear him live twice when he was in Belgrade.. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Dec 9 2007, 05:27 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 10 2007, 11:53 AM
But the tight leather pants are inexcusable! wink.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 10 2007, 12:12 PM
Never such a things as too much leather! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 10 2007, 04:14 PM
His skills and style is amazing, but I think it gets really boring after a while tongue.gif

Victor Wooten
Flea
Danyel Morgan

These are much better imo smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 10 2007, 04:26 PM
Instructor
I saw Billy with Steve Vai - that was the first time i saw him. Later found out a bit more about him - crazy bass player! He's just as crazy as Vai is on guitar biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Dec 10 2007, 04:27 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 10 2007, 11:02 PM
Instructor
He is an amazing bass player !!! I agree, Sheehan and Vai are a crazy duo !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:26 AM