This Is Unbelievable, Check it out
Opetholic
Jul 5 2012, 03:48 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I can't believe it, he should have been rewarded! He saved a life..
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lifegu...-135238189.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Jul 5 2012, 04:07 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
This must be a bad joke.. ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 5 2012, 04:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
This makes me sad and angry...

what would have happened if the drowning guy had died and people would have told the press they asked the lifeguard for help but he refused? Guess he would have been fired too...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 5 2012, 05:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
"We have liability issues and can't go out of the protected area," Lopez's supervisor, Susan Ellis, told WPTV. "What he did was his own decision. He knew the company rules and did what he thought he needed to do."

Really? Under circumstances like this, I can guarantee that he didn't think. He responded the way he was trained to respond. Their "liability" issues should only have effected him if he was injured. I don't know anything about Lifeguard firms, but I am pretty sure those liability issues only extend as far as insurance and monetary reasons, not moral ones.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 5 2012, 06:35 PM
Instructor
Absolute, absolute rubbish. Stupid rules made up for stupid, weak people who wouldn't know what to do in a crisis if it happened to them.

That guy did the right thing.. people will always know that about him regardless of the job smile.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 6 2012, 12:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (mad @ Jul 5 2012, 08:07 AM) *
This must be a bad joke.. ohmy.gif

I wish it were...but this type of stuff happens all of the time in the States.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 6 2012, 12:19 AM
Learning Tone Master
sounds this company along with TSA MUST BE THE WORK OF the wonderful U.S. government

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 6 2012, 12:33 AM
Learning Roadie
That's how retarted America is. Sometimes I hate to be called an American because of this stuff!! mad.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 6 2012, 12:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 5 2012, 04:33 PM) *
That's how retarted America is. Sometimes I hate to be called an American because of this stuff!! mad.gif

Amen Fireball!! I am proud of certain things we have/do, but am very discontented with the current momentum and trajectory of this country and it's policies. Oh well.....just along for the ride!

Not to rub it in....aren't you in Arizona? Ugh....I hear things can get pretty "bad" down there. I'm lucky, and Portland is one of the few cities that aren't totally 'Mericanized.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 6 2012, 02:12 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (derper @ Jul 5 2012, 06:58 PM) *
Not to rub it in....aren't you in Arizona? Ugh....I hear things can get pretty "bad" down there. I'm lucky, and Portland is one of the few cities that aren't totally 'Mericanized.

No, I'm in Arkansas.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2012, 02:14 AM
GMC:er
As the saying goes "No good dead goes unpunished". I hate to be that cynical but man, what a bum deal for this guy!

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 5 2012, 10:48 AM) *
I can't believe it, he should have been rewarded! He saved a life..
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lifegu...-135238189.html

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jul 6 2012, 02:15 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Yes, once again, my state has made world news.... and not for a good reason. Re-counting ballots, Casey Anthony, Seath Jackson murder (in the very county I live in!), George Zimmerman.....the list could go on. All of you who love the Florida beaches think about this the next time you go swimming in my lovely, sue-happy, state.
We saw this on the news last night, but I just caught the end of it and didn't realize what they were talking about. Have you heard about the grocery store who fired an employee who stepped in and helped a pregnant girl whose boyfriend was hitting her in the store?! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif There was such an outrage that the company gave him his job back (with back pay) but, come on! This is pathetic.
All of this is because there are people here in America that love to sue people. There are even organizations that seem to do nothing but bring frivolous lawsuits against others. I would love to name them, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to here.Companies are so afraid of being sued, they have abandoned common sense. It is absolutely ridiculous. These idiots need the living crap beat out of them for being so stupid.

I will add though that I do love my country and I would serve it again if called to. For those Americans who don't love their country and are content not trying to do anything about it (except complaining), the solution is simple: save your money, get a passport, and LEAVE.

This post has been edited by JTaylor: Jul 6 2012, 02:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 6 2012, 02:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jul 6 2012, 02:15 AM) *
Yes, once again, my state has made world news.... and not for a good reason. Re-counting ballots, Casey Anthony, Seath Jackson murder (in the very county I live in!), George Zimmerman.....the list could go on. All of you who love the Florida beaches think about this the next time you go swimming in my lovely, sue-happy, state.
We saw this on the news last night, but I just caught the end of it and didn't realize what they were talking about. Have you heard about the grocery store who fired an employee who stepped in and helped a pregnant girl whose boyfriend was hitting her in the store?! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif There was such an outrage that the company gave him his job back (with back pay) but, come on! This is pathetic.
All of this is because there are people here in America that love to sue people. There are even organizations that seem to do nothing but bring frivolous lawsuits against others. I would love to name them, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to here.Companies are so afraid of being sued, they have abandoned common sense. It is absolutely ridiculous. These idiots need the living crap beat out of them for being so stupid.

I will add though that I do love my country and I would serve it again if called to. For those Americans who don't love their country and are content not trying to do anything about it (except complaining), the solution is simple: save your money, get a passport, and LEAVE.

and thanks for serving our red,white and blue

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jul 6 2012, 12:23 PM
Apprentice Roadie
A little update: Yesterday, the company offered the guy his job back. He declined. I certainly don't blame him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2012, 12:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jul 6 2012, 12:23 PM) *
A little update: Yesterday, the company offered the guy his job back. He declined. I certainly don't blame him.

I don't blame him either smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 6 2012, 12:26 PM
GMC:er
The man is indeed a hero, and for declining the job offer-back, he's an even bigger hero!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 6 2012, 04:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, the guy doesn't need those people who fired him. Don't get me wrong, he should forgive the people, but he is better than what they made him out to be.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 6 2012, 05:02 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
That company's contract with the city or town maybe should be reviewed, and REVOKED!
PS: I just read that the companys contract ends this year , Think it will be renewed?

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jul 6 2012, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:41 PM