McCain [ 13 ] ** [10.16%]
Total Votes: 128
Guests cannot vote 
JVM
Nov 4 2008, 10:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Voted this morning smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Nov 4 2008, 10:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Nov 1 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Nobama 08'

George W. McCain laugh.gif I acually like Obama. McCain is good, but the only problem I have with him is Sarah Palin. Coming straight out with it, I think she is a total Idoit.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by g-forcelover: Nov 4 2008, 10:05 PM

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Nov 4 2008, 10:06 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Picture a world without American extremism (aka terrorism)..

It's the same thing. You can't lump people together just like Andrew said to me. There are extremists in every country and in every religious background. I hate it when people are racist and just mention Islamic Extremism. It's this closed mind that led to the war in Iraq.

There are extremists in all countries and of all cultures and background.

thats not exactly what I was going for... It's the Islamic Extremists that attacked the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and I believe there were attacks on a few buses in the UK a few years ago (is this correct?) that is what we have to stop... right now there is somebody at the top of all these regimes that sits back and impresses Islamic extremism on kids, and these kids are raised to think that the western world is evil, and that they deserve to die...

thats what we have to stop. Thats what I meant by Islamic Extremism. ( I realize now that what I said earlier was poorly worded)

I recognize that there are extremist whackos in every social tree... but whens the last time anyone other than an islamic one took out 3 large buildings, and killed over 20,000 people....

yeah there are extremists everywhere... so I'll refer to it as Islamic Ultra-Extremism

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 10:10 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Nov 4 2008, 04:06 PM) *
and I believe there were attacks on a few buses in the UK a few years ago (is this correct?)

Yes, suicide bombs on buses and underground trains, some tens of people died if I remember right, then there was a failed copycat attack 2 weeks later.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 4 2008, 10:48 PM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Nov 4 2008, 04:06 PM) *
thats not exactly what I was going for... It's the Islamic Extremists that attacked the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and I believe there were attacks on a few buses in the UK a few years ago (is this correct?) that is what we have to stop... right now there is somebody at the top of all these regimes that sits back and impresses Islamic extremism on kids, and these kids are raised to think that the western world is evil, and that they deserve to die...

thats what we have to stop. Thats what I meant by Islamic Extremism. ( I realize now that what I said earlier was poorly worded)

I recognize that there are extremist whackos in every social tree... but whens the last time anyone other than an islamic one took out 3 large buildings, and killed over 20,000 people....

yeah there are extremists everywhere... so I'll refer to it as Islamic Ultra-Extremism

Your number is wrong, it is just over 3,000. Most Muslims are pretty regular, I lived with one for a year in college, got to know his friends. They were funny. I had a Teacher in Grad School in Economics, an Egyptian. I took this course that was just over my head, the Math was really advanced. I tried hard, but I flunked the final. He gave me a B grade for the course. I asked him why. He said "What else could I do?".

The wacko guys are more a result of poverty, and humiliation over the last few centuries, anger and hatred towards those responsible for it, westerners. I don't consider it so much a religious thing, as much as it is made out to be.

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Nov 4 2008, 11:31 PM
Polls close in 2 states in less than 5 minutes.

It begins sleep.gif

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Nov 4 2008, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 4 2008, 04:48 PM) *
Your number is wrong, it is just over 3,000.

Yeah, I realized just now that it was 20,000 people that were working in the towers at the time I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 4 2008, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Disturbed21 @ Nov 4 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Polls close in 2 states in less than 5 minutes.

It begins sleep.gif

There is a ballot item in California I am watching. One that world set standards of humane treatment for farm animals. I feel strongly that a society can be judged by the way it treats it's animals. California often sets the trend for reform items, such as how they did with pollution controls decades ago.

BTW, the Humane Society never supported a presidential candidate in it's 150 or so year history, until now. They felt that were Palin to become president, she would set back decades the work they have done towards animal welfare and protection.

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Nov 4 2008, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 4 2008, 05:53 PM) *
There is a ballot item in California I am watching. One that world set standards of humane treatment for farm animals. I feel strongly that a society can be judged by the way it treats it's animals. California often sets the trend for reform items, such as how they did with pollution controls decades ago.

BTW, the Humane Society never supported a presidential candidate in it's 150 or so year history, until now. They felt that were Palin to become president, she would set back decades the work they have done towards animal welfare and protection.

The one ballot item here is an income tax ban biggrin.gif

For people who want to watch the election...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032553/

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Nov 5 2008, 12:01 AM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Nov 5 2008, 12:17 AM
I voted via Absentee Ballet(I do every time) - It gives me time to really think about every choice and my wife and I debate a bit over the choices.

I wish this year there was a choice "None of the above" but Obama really scares me and he seems very wishy washy on the issues(speaks in very vague terms and what the public wants to hear). Not saying that McCain is much better, but at least he's accomplished some things as a senator.

bring back Ross Perot . . . . .

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 5 2008, 12:27 AM
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Nov 4 2008, 06:17 PM) *
I voted via Absentee Ballet(I do every time) - It gives me time to really think about every choice and my wife and I debate a bit over the choices.

I wish this year there was a choice "None of the above" but Obama really scares me and he seems very wishy washy on the issues(speaks in very vague terms and what the public wants to hear). Not saying that McCain is much better, but at least he's accomplished some things as a senator.

bring back Ross Perot . . . . .

he just can't tell you everything. just the way it is. i go back to 1940. FDR had every intention to get into that war, but he was not going to tell that to the public, he had to get elected first, the public was not going to fully understand. I don't blame them for that.

With McCain you get doing about nothing, sleeping till noon, and letting whoever is on the cabinet run things. Maybe his wife. The guy is old,he looks old. Come on. You hire guys like that to stand at the door at Walmart, not to run a country this large. Just a guy who always wanting to be president finally getting to live in the White House. I would be a disaster. And if he has to pass it on to Palin (1/3 chance statistically based on his age) you have wink wink dippy doo in charge. And that scares you less? You want her finger on that button, when they are not sure if that is a meteor shower, or a preemptive strike? That has happened a few times.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 5 2008, 12:54 AM
Instructor
It doesn't matter who is going to win the elections in USA, because that country is not governed by politicians. It is governed by money and large conglomerates. Both Obama and McCain are just puppet figures in that show that US is so famous for by now, and will be remembered in history books as a biggest show-off state of the 20th century. I don't mean to disrespect the american people, they are nice people, but unfortunately US media is so powerful, it does brain washing very successfuly. Why is it so important to watch the elections every day, the whole the, 24 hours per day, 7 days in a week? Like someone already stated, Canada did their elections, and nobody even noticed. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Well yes, people have to be aware other stuff other than who is going to be the next 4 year puppet in the shiny white house. If only the american public could be a bit more aware of the problems the US is causing in the whole world, but unfortunately that is never going to happen because media is constantly turning the heads on the other way and dealing with elections for days now.
How bout some other important news that I'm sure american public would be interested in? like loosing young people in Iraq because of the biggest oil steal in history, selling weapons to foreign lands, causing wars and maintaining them for the sake of the profit, domestic labor so sever it turns into fanatic economic enslavement, deprivation of human right, building rocket shields and army bases all over the world, and buying out third world countries for small amount of dollars, only to force the people to go back and work - this time under the shiny american flag.
I'm afraid the US war machinery is so well "oiled" right now that in the next 20-30 years nothing is gonna stop it, not even the president in the shiny white house. Then we'll see how China starts to grow bigger then US and gradually replacing it as the biggest and most populated world domination block.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 5 2008, 12:54 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 5 2008, 12:57 AM
I think that's half the point Ivan. Many in USA know that is what people outside the US believe and I think they are voting Obama on the whole because they think that will change peoples opinions on the US. McCain is too similar. Barack Obama is a real change and I think that it will drastically improve people's opinions on the USA. It shows they aren't scared to try something new and just maybe it will work.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 5 2008, 01:00 AM
On three, all fellow citizens, lets pull out our revolvers and blow our brains out. Wait, first lets torture ourselves. Death is too good for us. Run a bath full of hot water, no cold. Jump in. Ok. Now take a knife, and cut off your fingers. Ok, kick something hard with your toe. Ok, now we have suffered enough, now take that gun and blow your brains out....1,2, 3

This is BoBo, fkalich's dog. How do you operate a can opener?

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 4 2008, 06:54 PM) *
It doesn't matter who is going to win the elections in USA, because that country is not governed by politicians. It is governed by money and large conglomerates. Both Obama and McCain are just puppet figures in that show that US is so famous for by now, and will be remembered in history books as a biggest show-off state of the 20th century. I don't mean to disrespect the american people, they are nice people, but unfortunately US media is so powerful, it does brain washing very successfuly. Why is it so important to watch the elections every day, the whole the, 24 hours per day, 7 days in a week? Like someone already stated, Canada did their elections, and nobody even noticed. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Well yes, people have to be aware other stuff other than who is going to be the next 4 year puppet in the shiny white house. If only the american public could be a bit more aware of the problems the US is causing in the whole world, but unfortunately that is never going to happen because media is constantly turning the heads on the other way and dealing with elections for days now.
How bout some other important news that I'm sure american public would be interested in? like loosing young people in Iraq because of the biggest oil steal in history, selling weapons to foreign lands, causing wars and maintaining them for the sake of the profit, domestic labor so sever it turns into fanatic economic enslavement, deprivation of human right, building rocket shields and army bases all over the world, and buying out third world countries for small amount of dollars, only to force the people to go back and work - this time under the shiny american flag.
I'm afraid the US war machinery is so well "oiled" right now that in the next 20-30 years nothing is gonna stop it, not even the president in the shiny white house. Then we'll see how China starts to grow bigger then US and gradually replacing it as the biggest and most populated world domination block.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 5 2008, 01:04 AM
I think it seems to me that Obama is losing at it stands? It seems like he is behind in votes in god knows how many states. Or am I wrong?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 5 2008, 01:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 5 2008, 12:54 AM) *
It doesn't matter who is going to win the elections in USA, because that country is not governed by politicians. It is governed by money and large conglomerates.

I agree Ivan, corporation capitalism is ruling the world right now, so it doesn't really matters from that point, the only thing a president can influence is foreign policy and relations.. so it should be a more good, or a less bad candidate smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 5 2008, 01:05 AM
Instructor
I'm aware that some US people are aware of the external US troubles, but also I'm aware that Obama cannot actually do the things that the people think he would do.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 5 2008, 01:06 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Nov 5 2008, 01:08 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 4 2008, 06:54 PM) *

Regarding what you said about brainwashing... No one in the world is safe from this... even you, Ivan, It doesnt matter where you got your information from... sombody distorted it.

One thing I have made a habit of recently is to always read facts/opinions and other subjective material with a very light foot so to speak... that is I do not immediately accept certain arguments if they seem invalid even the slightest... its really hard for me to explain, but in doing this it sort of guards against letting these large media outlets to hold sway over you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 5 2008, 01:09 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 07:04 PM) *
I think it seems to me that Obama is losing at it stands? It seems like he is behind in votes in god knows how many states. Or am I wrong?

You are wrong. You need more experience to understand this system, it is screwball by world standards.

This is BoBo, fkalich's dog. fkalich killed himself because he was an evil American.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 5 2008, 01:13 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 5 2008, 12:09 AM) *
You are wrong. You need more experience to understand this system, it is screwball by world standards.

This is BoBo, fkalich's dog. fkalich killed himself because he was an evil American.

What a cruel dog biggrin.gif

It's impossible to understand lol.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:57 AM