Korn 2011
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2011, 05:06 AM
Instructor
Hey guys... check out new Korn music.. it's a bit different.. but I like it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Dec 3 2011, 06:50 AM
GMC:er
mmm don't like it, but it's great that they are trying to change their sound,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 3 2011, 07:23 AM
Learning Roadie
I would think they would have to change their sound since I hear Brian was their sound. Just listen to him now that he's on his own. Everybody who is a Korn fan says he sounds like the band Korn.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2011, 11:54 AM
Instructor
I think the first song's great, the vocals are excellent. smile.gif

I definitely think bands should evolve their sound.. whether it works or not, it's something artists should naturally do.

Some of the effects are a bit too much in places.. I'd prefer it to be a bit more subtle, otherwise it makes me think of ravers and pill poppers ! tongue.gif

But if any band could get away with blending electronic with metal, Korn can.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2011, 05:21 PM
Instructor
I prefer their first records but I'm glad to hear something different from them... and even more because the songs are good.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 3 2011, 05:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
I really like their new style, and the new 2011 APEX guitar is one of the sexiest 7 strings out there smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2011, 06:12 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Anything involving dubstep I cant go near. Just can't stand the stuff.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 3 2011, 06:15 PM
Instructor
wow, I really liked the two songs! sounds so fresh and aggressive, I love the rhythm experimentation, and the sounds they use to support the guitars

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 3 2011, 07:23 PM
Nice, I quite enjoy this newest genre: Glitch Metal, Gorestep, or Dub-Metal (dubstep meets nu-metal)?
I can see that some will hate it as wannabe metal though?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Dec 3 2011, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2011, 09:21 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I wouldn't call it wannabe. I just think dubstep is way too dynamically dry. Nothing but low end, wobbles and weebles.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2011, 09:10 AM
Instructor
I didn't know "dubstep" style and now I'm checking some artists... it sounds interesting and original for me.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
s1m0n
Dec 4 2011, 12:50 PM
Just seems to me that they've run out of ideas and they are jumping on the latest bandwagon. Since Head left, the music has been going more and more down hill. Personally, I'd like to hear a proper Jonathan Davis solo album, the songs from 'Queen of the Damned' were really great.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2011, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Sounds cool, very dubstep-ish. Great for both traditional and modern techno clubs! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 4 2011, 05:19 PM
Instructor
Korn was one of the first bands who took me into the modern metal world, back in '98 smile.gif I think their sound is very good and the fact that they are not doing the same thing as they used to, is not to blame. People need to evolve and their music goes along the same trail. If we like it or not, it's our choice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2011, 05:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 4 2011, 04:19 PM) *
People need to evolve and their music goes along the same trail. If we like it or not, it's our choice smile.gif

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Sometimes fans take it as an insult that they're being 'subjected' to music from their favourite bands that they don't like.. but it's just there if they want it or not smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2011, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 4 2011, 01:19 PM) *
Korn was one of the first bands who took me into the modern metal world, back in '98 smile.gif I think their sound is very good and the fact that they are not doing the same thing as they used to, is not to blame. People need to evolve and their music goes along the same trail. If we like it or not, it's our choice smile.gif

I agree!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:10 AM