3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Favorite Female Vocalist
Fsgdjv
Mar 1 2008, 12:29 PM
GMC:er
I really like Nora O'Conner who sings on "To Welcome the Fade" by Novembers Doom, but I haven't heard her in anything else, but her voice is really amazing.

Erika Öberg from LifeForce also has one of my favourite voices.

And last but not least, a few weeks ago I discovered how amazing the voice of Natalie Lorichs is, since she's performing on a festival I'm going to. And well, a few weeks after that I got even happier since she's going to sing on the first track of the new opeth record.

There are lots of other good female vocalists, but these are the ones I'm listening to a lot right now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 1 2008, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Tarja Turuen and Angela Gassow

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 03:07 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (bsamn @ Feb 29 2008, 10:58 PM) *
Doro Pesch

I see you have excellent tastes my friend wink.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Mar 1 2008, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 1 2008, 04:08 AM) *
Tarja Turuen (Ex-Nightwish, Solo)
Annette Olzen (Nightwish)
Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation)

Those are my favorites smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 1 2008, 04:30 PM
Singing Instructor
christina aguilera

that girl can sing..

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 1 2008, 04:54 PM
[Don't flame me for this...]

It's not

Tarja Turuen,
Annette Olzen and
Simone Simmons.

It's

Tarja Turunen,
Anette Olzon and
Simone Simons.

Other than that, both Tarja and Anette are my fav smile.gif

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 1 2008, 05:03 PM
Janis Joplin.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 1 2008, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Janis Joplin, Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Mar 1 2008, 06:38 PM
I am surprised to be the first to say Amy lee. ohmy.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 1 2008, 10:55 PM
Instructor
for me cellen dion /amy lee/maria carai

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 1 2008, 04:23 PM) *
Janis Joplin, Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald

These are real women singers with voice with passion, feel and soul. Amy Lee and the Ex Nightwish singer have as much passion as a politician

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 11:00 PM
God, that was a bit uncalled for.

besides, Passion in music is not fact only opinion, what one person feels another might not.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Mar 1 2008, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 11:02 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 1 2008, 10:00 PM) *
God, that was a bit uncalled for.

besides, Passion in music is not fact only opinion, what one person feels another might not.

Not uncalled for just an opinion. The people Ivan named are real singers. Tarja isn't as bad as Amy Lee. Amy Lee sounds like a fat Carol singer sat on a Reindeer with the reindeer crying in distress of both the weight and noise biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 11:04 PM
Plus how can you say Tarja had passion. He (She? Questionable) got kicked our of Nightwish for having no passion so it seems they thought so as well.She wasn't involved in writing the songs or anything. Useless.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Mar 1 2008, 11:04 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 11:06 PM
So you do not understand the concept of opinion? and that music is 100% Opinion?

I will love Tarja's voice over pretty much ever singer, except a select few, I feel tons of passion in her voice, i feel everything she conveys, No need to try and challenge my opinion.

And resulting to insulting the singer is just another uncalled thing to do, Something wrong?

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Mar 1 2008, 11:06 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 11:07 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 1 2008, 10:06 PM) *
So you do not understand the concept of opinion? and that music is 100% Opinion?

I will love Tarja's voice over pretty much ever singer, except a select few, I feel tons of passion in her voice, i feel everything she conveys, No need to try and challenge my opinion.

And resulting to insulting the singer is just another uncalled thing to do, Something wrong?

Since when did I say your opinion was wrong? I just gave my opinion didn't I?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 11:08 PM
I didnt say you said i was wrong, i said you challenged mine, which you did with "How can you say she had passion".

I asked about peoples favorite female singers, not the ones they dislike, or thought in there minds looked like a man.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 11:09 PM
And I've seen Nightwish 5 times live. I just never saw her passion or desire. She just seemed to turn up and sing and not actually be apart of the band or anything really like that. The rest of the band is awesome and the songs are awesome. Just I'd prefer a different singer. And not the current one either.

And I said which I like. The same as Ivan. All of those are great singers.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Mar 1 2008, 11:11 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 1 2008, 02:09 PM) *
And I've seen Nightwish 5 times live. I just never saw her passion or desire.

Thats all you had to say, and thats all you originally did say.
And i never mind people stating there opinions, but for some reason you felt you had to challenge mine, and in turn insult her, I intended to leave everything at Post 33.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Mar 1 2008, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 11:16 PM
Just a bit of good friendly banter lol. I feel ashamed but at the moment not many female vocalists are coming into my head. I like Hole which not many do but I like the passion in both Courtney and Melissa's singing. Even though they aren't the best singers.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:41 PM