The Comfort Of Excuses
PosterBoy
Nov 19 2012, 11:46 AM
Learning Roadie
I became very anxious the other day, when I realised it won't be long until I have the money for my Audio pc set up.

For a long time when friends etc have asked me about my own songs and compositions, I have had the excuse that I'm saving up for pc, to record on.

Not only that with the money I intend to spend, my wife has put a little added pressure on my that she will not be happy if I spend this money and don't follow through (she knows my lazy ways).

The comfort of having the valid excuse of not having the pc set up I need to get a decent recording done, will soon be gone, and I will have to step up and produce.

It's a scary place to be, although if I man up it will be an exciting and very creative place to be!

It's not unlike the excuse of not having good enough gear, I think one of the reasons I bought the Axe Fx and my Tyler was to take that excuse away and to concentrate on the practicing, learning and playing, rather than making excuses and focusing on gear.

Once I have the pc, I'll have no reason to avoid REC takes as well!

Does anyone else feel the negative side of removing excuses and have to fight them knowing that it's the only way to progress?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:23 PM