How To Learn Guitar
guitarprodigyfam...
Sep 29 2008, 07:32 AM
GMC:er
I've been playing off and on for some time- never really learned music theory or any advanced chords besides messing around with the minor pentatonic scale and some open chords. I want to learn to shred like the best- and know my way inside and out of the guitar. I took several lessons but really am motivated to teach myself through the information portal that is the web. I'm tired of messing around learning little licks here and there but not having full comprehension of everything.

Are there any specific/books/methods/sites/order of learning I should follow?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 29 2008, 07:47 AM
Instructor
You can't have full comprehension of everything over night,
being experienced player(shred,soft playing etc) demands
lots of time with your instrument.
Theory,technique,sense for melody etc
are pieces from puzzle to become good player.
You might start reading Andrew's theory lessons easily,
try some beginners lessons as well,see how is it going.
Shred on. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 29 2008, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (guitarprodigyfame @ Sep 29 2008, 08:32 AM) *
Are there any specific/books/methods/sites/order of learning I should follow?

Well, I think you have all you need here at GMC smile.gif
Find the difficulty level that suits you, and do all those lessons here. Then move up to next level, and so on...

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 29 2008, 07:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Sep 29 2008, 08:50 AM) *
Well, I think you have all you need here at GMC smile.gif
Find the difficulty level that suits you, and do all those lessons here. Then move up to next level, and so on...

+1 it's all here wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 29 2008, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have to agree with Muris and Marcus you dont learn to shred over night it takes time and patience.... Start with some of the excercises we have here on the technuiqe you feel you want to imprv and be patience even if you dont feel improvement right away..... it will come

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 29 2008, 08:18 AM
Singing Instructor
You haw to be ready to dedicate some time to the whole process.Start with beginner lessons and move on from that.
Don't expect to shred like the best after few months.Be patient and things will came to there place.

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
guitarprodigyfam...
Sep 29 2008, 08:26 AM
GMC:er
Yes- I must say- this sight is unbelievable- I just listened to a singing lesson and was blown away.
Right now I'm going after fretboard logic. I'm prepared to put in the sweat equity. I guess there's no one absolute right ordered way to learn. Thanks guys. I'm most concerned with understanding how note relationships work to form chords and scales- I know moving my fingers fast is all about practice.

This post has been edited by guitarprodigyfame: Sep 29 2008, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 29 2008, 12:27 PM
Instructor
As everybody said, just take it easy and learn theory gradually, give it time to settle before continuing to new areas of study.

The way I see it, for now you hit a wall, because of lack of theory knowledge. This is very normal my friend, so just check out those Andrew's theory lessons and do some reading. You don't have to remember it all, but learn it bit by bit and try to understand all you read. Also don't read all of it in 2 nights, because this way you will only get confused. When you see something that is confusing you, stop and post the problem you have on the forum and we will try to help the best way we can. CHeers.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 29 2008, 07:55 PM
Instructor
You will be as good as you want to be, it is just a matter of willing to put the time and effort into it. Even if you play fast or slow, slow playing requires lots of practice too to achieve the phrasing, the vibrato control of a pro.

All advice given here is great, but most importantly have fun and create awesome music

Cheers

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 30 2008, 10:17 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
+1 smile.gif You seem to have the will and the dedication, this is already 50% of what you need, the other 50% you can find here on GMC.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:52 AM