Video Still Choppy? - Solution, Temporary solution
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2008, 03:50 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there,

We have now got a solution for those of you who experienced "chopiness" in the new player videos even after buffering has finished.

Click "Small Player" here (bottom right)

This solution isn't ideal for widescreen video but should be fully usable!

In the future we hope to have this replaced by a better solution! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
tommyboy
Nov 20 2008, 04:56 PM
GMC:er
edit by Kris:

Yes the fix works!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Nov 20 2008, 06:52 PM

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Nov 20 2008, 05:00 PM
For me the "big player" is choppy, but the smaller version of the originally big one works just fine.

This post has been edited by Tsarpf: Nov 20 2008, 05:03 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2008, 05:04 PM
GMC Founder
@ Tommyboy - if you let the whole video load first, is it still choppy for you when you use this new option?

@ Tsarpf - I am very happy to hear that it's working for you! biggrin.gif This new option is a lot lighter on the computer's cpu! (= it doesn't require that much "power" from your computer)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Nov 20 2008, 05:16 PM
I think I have rather powerful computer, 2,6ghz dual and 8600m GT 256DDR3 nvidia and 2 gigs of ram (laptop) so big players choppiness shouldn't be because of that.

I had the same problem (or at least it looked & sounded exactly the same: choppy) with youtube some time ago that I now have with the big player, but the youtube problemo just suddenly disappeared one day, I think I didn't even do any major changes to settings or anything...

It's voodoo or something D-:

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 20 2008, 05:19 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 20 2008, 10:04 AM) *
@ Tommyboy - if you let the whole video load first, is it still choppy for you when you use this new option?

Yes, and it's interesting, if I click on the play or pause button It acts like a fast forward button. What I mean is can see and hear both a audio and video speed up to what seems more normal but the choppiness just increases in speed also. Choppiness is the same when video is fully loaded or not. The whole video loads quite quick. However, no relief from the bad Audio and Video.

tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 20 2008, 06:36 PM
[size="5"][/size]Kris!!!

MY BAD!! I gave you bad info on my last post. ohmy.gif I didn't see the small player link. blink.gif The link was so light gray in my browser I just missed it!!

The link worked great!! New lesson played fine in what looked like the old original player. This is a great work around if I works for the others that are suffering with the NEW player.

Don't give up on the new player but at least us Video Challeged here in the USA will be able to enjoy all the new lessons. Thanks and I'd be more than happy to be a test monkey for the New player.

CHEERS!!!
tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2008, 06:46 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome!! laugh.gif

Let's see if it works for the other people who had problems!

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 20 2008, 08:05 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 20 2008, 11:46 AM) *
Awesome!! laugh.gif

Let's see if it works for the other people who had problems!

Kris,

Quick question. Your 101 lessons seem to be using a different player. When I watch any of those lessons the Audio track is perfect. But the video kind of acts the same way as the New High Def player. Anyway to get them to play in the original small player so I can see what your doing better? wink.gif

Thanks,
tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 20 2008, 11:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to hear its working out for you now tommyboy!! I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy the large player soon too! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:02 PM