Please Check Your Electrics
Phil66
May 18 2016, 08:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,
With a heavy heart I have to pass this on for everyone's sake. A long time (30 years) customer/friend of mine passed away in the early hours of Monday morning in a fire at his home caused by an electric blanket. He's known me as man and boy and will be missed by many.
Please check ALL of your electrical equipment in particular electric blankets.
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-n...e-caravan-fire/

Peace

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 18 2016, 10:33 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 18 2016, 10:21 PM
GMC:er
sorry for your loss sad.gif

2 things I hate are electric blankets and those small water heaters designed for bathroom, they just never felt safe to me although used commonly.

I was at a friend on the weekend noticed he had a gazillion stuff plugged in the same power source, warned him to and hopefully he changed that after I left...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 18 2016, 10:34 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 18 2016, 10:21 PM) *
sorry for your loss sad.gif

2 things I hate are electric blankets and those small water heaters designed for bathroom, they just never felt safe to me although used commonly.

I was at a friend on the weekend noticed he had a gazillion stuff plugged in the same power source, warned him to and hopefully he changed that after I left...

Thank you Mertay,

It has really upset me knowing he died this way.

Peace and health to you and yours mate.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2016, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, as I've said at the mentoring thread, I'm so sorry about your loss. Thanks for this thread. Everybody should be alert to these type of issues, we have to prevent possible accidents.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 19 2016, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 18 2016, 09:34 PM) *
Thank you Mertay,

It has really upset me knowing he died this way.

Peace and health to you and yours mate.

Thanks, and try not to feel so bad as most likely he passed away in his sleep. I met a woman once who was barely returned to life after drowning, she said after losing consciousness she never felt so peaceful and happy before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 19 2016, 05:45 AM
Thanks Mertay and Gab,

He was found in a doorway so must have been trying to escape. That is what makes it all the more tragic.

Cheers folks,

Be safe

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 19 2016, 06:58 AM
Learning Chord Basher
So sad... sad.gif

I'm really sorry about your loss, Phil. With electricity and heating we are never completely sure that there will not be a problem.
A professional will make me a new heating system in the next months, the one I use now is from 1992. We will use a air/water system, this time, as I live in the mountains and it's not possible to use water/water system.

And my electric system isn't very safe too but I'll have to wait a little until I can renew it.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 19 2016, 08:24 AM
Don't wait too long Daeron mate, better to be in debt and safe than risk your life.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 19 2016, 02:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
What a tragedy, I'm very sorry Phil.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
May 19 2016, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
A fear of mine living in a house that is over 100 years old, especially after taking an electrical house wiring class last semester.

My condolences, Phil sad.gif

+Quote Post
nikeman64
May 20 2016, 12:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sorry for your loss Phil !!!!

It's terrible that we all get warned by such tragedies that domestic accidents like fire, gas etc ... can happen very fast. I think there's definitely a lot to say about smoke detectors. They are not expensive and I'm sure, in some cases, they can save lives!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:37 AM