2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your Opinion
DeepRoots
Apr 21 2008, 05:30 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Okay- i don't know who they are, but this music is: well................different.

I really don't know how to take it...

However- i wanna know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BgNhR9oisM&NR=1

Tell me, why you think that some of the youtube comments give them praise, and some say they suck.

...i'd say "Enjoy!" but i can't be sure of it unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 21 2008, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
They are Behold... The Arctopus. I have all their albums and EP's. They are incredible musicians. A bit hard for most to get their head around and enjoy but a great band for sure smile.gif

http://www.myspace.com/beholdthearctopus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 21 2008, 05:37 PM
Get to da Chopper!
So what makes you so drawn to them?

convince me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 21 2008, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Apr 21 2008, 05:37 PM) *
So what makes you so drawn to them?

convince me tongue.gif

They are just really different and the music is very technical. The EP they have the Nano whatever lol has a track on it in particular with this acoustic section and it is beautiful. The music is just fun to listen to every so often to listen to the crazy music that can be created on guitars. It's just Technical Math Core/Jazz

Certainly not everybodys cup of tea. I like dancing to it at our rock night in Nottingham and scaring everybody also biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Apr 21 2008, 05:39 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Apr 21 2008, 06:07 PM
Seen it before, and it's definitely not my piece of cake, although I've got to say that RG565 is sexy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Apr 21 2008, 06:27 PM
I think it's pretty good, it's always good to have experimental bands out there... Though I don't think that I could ever listen to it and enjoy it. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 21 2008, 08:07 PM
That bass was preety unique and cool... but the guitar.. man.. I want to call it experimental, but it's a bad experiment tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 21 2008, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I didnt like it at all

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 21 2008, 08:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
it made my ears bleed sad.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 21 2008, 08:44 PM
I want that 2 minutes and 45 seconds of my life back.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 21 2008, 08:50 PM
To organized confusion: Since you like this, can you show me any bad music like this? Just so I can see the difference. I know it's a weird request but it would help me to understand this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 21 2008, 08:50 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Apr 21 2008, 08:44 PM) *
I want that 2 minutes and 45 seconds of my life back.

Do you take credit card?

Must admit, this is as Iluha said, experimental. But like a frankenstein or similar experiment...

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 21 2008, 08:54 PM
I like Behold...The Arctopus. I've known about them for a while but haven't listened to them a lot but I think it is pretty sick.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 21 2008, 09:00 PM
Instructor
there are some good ideas, but I don't like this kind of music. I love progresive but I NEED a melody. For example SPASTIK INK are a great band and I like them is pretty weird music but have good melodies. This music based in disonances is horrible (It will me good in small peaces, for instance 10-20 second, but more is just boring).

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 22 2008, 08:12 PM
Instructor
Don't like them. I quote Juan.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Apr 22 2008, 08:21 PM
I saw a video of them a while back, it may be that one, I haven't watched it since I am at school, but I think they are an example of awesome musicians don't always mean good music.

To each their own though.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 22 2008, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Maybe they are technical geniuses but I don't like that "song" in the video at all.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 22 2008, 08:28 PM
I don't really see any musical quality, although they have pretty good technique. It sounds kinda like the Chromatic scale gone horribly wrong. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 08:38 PM
That video isn't really a song. Check out the link I posted. If you want stuff like this anybody else then like Juan says Spastic Ink is a pretty good band to check out. A bit more accessible also.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bali
Apr 22 2008, 08:43 PM
It's amazing that they have gigs almost every day....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:13 PM