Will Pod Xt Work For Me?
Charvel
Jan 19 2008, 01:05 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I've seen that many guitar players out there use POD XT to create their sounds, among them the great marcus lavendell smile.gif I enjoyed his playing so much that I want to buy a POD now. The only thing I'm worrying about is the PA or the devices which do the output. I don't have any PA around, I only have a modelling amp (Zoom Fire 30) and I'm not sure wheter I can use the POD with it or wheter I should buy a PA system. How does it affect the Sound if you (can) use it with an Amp like the Zoom Fire or if you use it with PA Boxes?

Bye

Charvel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 19 2008, 01:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Charvel,

The PODxt is very versatile since you can use it both plugged directly into your studio/computer or, if you want, an amp. As long as you can get a clean sound from that amp, the PODxt should work fine.

The PODxt is great, but If you have the money I think you should get the new PODx3 instead.

Btw, thanks for you comment smile.gif

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Charvel
Jan 19 2008, 01:25 PM
Hey Marcus, thanks for the fast reply smile.gif

So that means i can also plug the POD through a USB to my MacBook and get the Sound of my Mac Loudspeakers?

And if I use it with an Amp I can just plug the guitar into the POD and afterwards the POD via Guitar Cable into the Input of the Amp (which is on a clean setting)?

Do you plug it into studio monitors or do you use it with other speakers, marcus?

I guess I'll stay with the XT version, don't have enough money to purchase the latest modell smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Charvel

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 19 2008, 02:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 19 2008, 02:16 PM) *
Hi Charvel,

The PODxt is very versatile since you can use it both plugged directly into your studio/computer or, if you want, an amp. As long as you can get a clean sound from that amp, the PODxt should work fine.

The PODxt is great, but If you have the money I think you should get the new PODx3 instead.

Btw, thanks for you comment smile.gif
-Marcus

+1 smile.gif And yes Charvel, you can plug the podXT with USB to your MacBook smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Henkka
Jan 24 2008, 09:06 PM
I bought PODxt few hours ago ... this thing is freaking amazing! smile.gif I immediately tested recording (I tried recording with my Pocket POD but it was frustrating) and it was too easy, hardest part must have been the search for drivers from line6.com smile.gif Gearbox software seems to work pretty seamlessly with the pod itself... there's so much features that it's a bit overwhelming. Hmm, maybe I should check the manual next.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 29 2008, 01:01 AM
Instructor
You can plug the XT in the Mac via USB. It is a great product, and your CPU doesn't have to do the signal precessing of the guitar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
steve25
Jan 29 2008, 01:20 AM
The PODxt is great there are so many sounds you can make. I don't regret buying this thing i don't see myself ever needing any other effects or anything. The hardest part i found is making a custom sound. Perhaps this is just me because marcus made the collab patch in about 10 mins tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:49 PM