New 'solo' Tune, Stevie wonder's "Creepin"
klasaine
Sep 29 2015, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
Stevie Wonder song "Creepin" from Fulfillingness First Finale, 1974

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 29 2015, 08:12 PM
Nice one Ken!!!
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 29 2015, 08:47 PM
Was so relaxing for me, very well played!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 29 2015, 08:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
damn impressive as ever dude. just brilliant playing. smile.gif
I thought that was your squire jazzmaster at first but... maybe not. Its a baritone of some sort though, yeah?

Ive been trying to play a few john Frusciante songs recently, clean and chordy.... Its a real struggle. The effortless way you hit those chord shapes blows me away ohmy.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 30 2015, 12:48 AM
Thanks guys!

Not the Squier Baritone.
It's a custom Jazzmaster body with Telecaster neck and hardware - "Telemaster" - and an old Teisco gold foil neck pkup.
This guy ...

Attached Image
*Different neck pkup now.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 30 2015, 12:53 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 30 2015, 05:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome playing and very beautiful tone!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 30 2015, 06:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 30 2015, 12:48 AM) *
Thanks guys!

Not the Squier Baritone.
It's a custom Jazzmaster body with Telecaster neck and hardware - "Telemaster" - and an old Teisco gold foil neck pkup.
This guy ...

Attached Image
*Different neck pkup now.

nice smile.gif Ive never seen one of these over here. It looks great.
I want one cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 30 2015, 08:29 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ken, this is beautiful - love it!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 30 2015, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Awesome piece of music....no surprise for what you made us used to smile.gif You're a one-man-band Ken smile.gif No need of additional instrumenst - your guitar does all the job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 30 2015, 09:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome Ken,

Thank you

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2015, 03:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 29 2015, 04:50 PM) *
damn impressive as ever dude. just brilliant playing. smile.gif
I thought that was your squire jazzmaster at first but... maybe not. Its a baritone of some sort though, yeah?

Ive been trying to play a few john Frusciante songs recently, clean and chordy.... Its a real struggle. The effortless way you hit those chord shapes blows me away ohmy.gif

Cool idea Bleez! What songs are you learning? Are you working on chord melody versions?

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 29 2015, 03:51 PM) *
Stevie Wonder song "Creepin" from Fulfillingness First Finale, 1974

This is so beautiful mate! I have the same feeling than Darius. When listening to your playing, it sounds like a full band song, there is nothing lacking. I love it.

Do you have any tabs for this?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 1 2015, 04:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 1 2015, 03:07 PM) *
Cool idea Bleez! What songs are you learning? Are you working on chord melody versions?

Im working on 3 at the moment - 'hey oh' -he plays that sooo fast and sooo smooth!, ' Scar Tissue' and the most difficult one for me - his version of 'how deep is your love ' :

some of the chord shapes make me feel like Ive just picked up a guitar for the first time ever!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 1 2015, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 1 2015, 07:07 AM) *
This is so beautiful mate! I have the same feeling than Darius. When listening to your playing, it sounds like a full band song, there is nothing lacking. I love it.

Do you have any tabs for this?? biggrin.gif

Thanks!
I just use a lead sheet in standard notation.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Oct 1 2015, 09:57 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It so difficult to get a delicate touch to sound that nice. Well done!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 2 2015, 11:46 AM
Learning Roadie
so nice !!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2015, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 1 2015, 12:26 PM) *
Im working on 3 at the moment - 'hey oh' -he plays that sooo fast and sooo smooth!, ' Scar Tissue' and the most difficult one for me - his version of 'how deep is your love ' :

some of the chord shapes make me feel like Ive just picked up a guitar for the first time ever!

Cool version! There are really interesting chord shapes on this one. This video took me to this live show that starts with a very enjoyable intro.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 2 2015, 02:53 PM
For an alternate perspective (I did this about 2 years ago) ...

*I just noticed that the video 'thumbnail' is almost the same for both of my vids in this thread.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 2 2015, 03:01 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 2 2015, 04:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 2 2015, 02:53 PM) *
For an alternate perspective (I did this about 2 years ago) ...

*I just noticed that the video 'thumbnail' is almost the same for both of my vids in this thread.

ohmy.gif wow! and I thought Frusciantes version was difficult! That is awesome playing, Ken. It sounded brilliant. I dunno how you hit some of those shapes, they look inhuman!
*side note - My 17 year old self would be horrified at how much Im digging a Bee Gees song biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Oct 2 2015, 04:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 3 2015, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 2 2015, 08:46 AM) *
*side note - My 17 year old self would be horrified at how much Im digging a Bee Gees song biggrin.gif

laugh.gif It's a great piece of music, no denying it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:47 PM