> Quick Licks #82 - Alternate Picking Open String Licks Cont'd
Todd Simpson
post Jun 1 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Let's do an open string lick that works on our Alternate picking. Single string licks are a great way to work up your speed/precision on your alternate picking since they have no string traverse. All the strikes are focused on one string. This lick has a "Thunderstruck" vibe to it so it should sound familiar. It's a good example of moving a single shape on an open string to create a cool lick. Use your pinky if possible as it's good practice to use the weakest finger!

Attached File  82.gp5 ( 1.83K ) Number of downloads: 2604

Attached Image

Hit me with any questions! This one should be a bit more straight forward than some of the other recent quick licks. Give it a go! Spend a few minutes and reap the rewards of making yourself a better player! That's the point of all this after all smile.gif

Todd
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
post Jun 23 2019, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.212

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 24 2019, 08:23 AM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Nailed it!!!! Although I'd like to see you using that pinky!! It would open up other options for other fingers. I understand using the third finger as it's much stronger, which is why the pinky needs practice. Past the 12th fret many players switch to the first three fingers but not all. For lower fret stuff, pinky use is always a good idea. The more practice with the weakest finger the better! Still, listening with my ears and not my eyes, sounds great and I like the improve bit as well!! You just....
LEVELED UP!!!!You remain our TOP DAWG!!!!
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 23 2019, 02:45 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 24 2019, 08:23 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 05:07 PM