6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Fatb0t Mtp Thread - Sonofdestiny Mentoree, Lets get rollin'
fatb0t
Jan 28 2009, 05:15 PM
GMC:er
OK, I will work on it when I'm home. I only had 15 minutes after work before practice to get that done. Sorry man, I won't let you down though! Tonight I will work on it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 28 2009, 05:21 PM
Hahah don't worry!! For 15 minutes this is kickass. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 28 2009, 05:50 PM
Were the chords correct, just the tempo off?

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 28 2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah the chords were correct, but tempo and rhythm were off smile.gif What I would like is that the chords are in the same rhythm as I play them... otherwise it's really hard for me to play it correctly.

Bit like the upload, but not exactly, cause it doesn't sound that good like this. Play with it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jan 28 2009, 05:54 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Saint.gp5 ( 22.61K ) Number of downloads: 67

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 28 2009, 06:52 PM
PART IV:
Okay, so we need to work on our soloing ability..

The MTP syllabus suggests a very good AP lesson from Muris (which I'm working on myself).
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/
You'd be amazed how this sounds to speed. Try to bang this one out...

Also, we should start to expose you better to sweeping.
Here's how I learned... It's a ghetto lesson from Pavel, with really crappy audio - but it worked for me.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...weeping-lesson/

Learn the major and minor arpeggio shape, work with a metronome..I don't really expect you to master that lesson because it takes months and months to get accustomed to sweeping - but it's good to get started, learn the shapes, and improve your finger independence.

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Feb 2 2009, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 28 2009, 07:02 PM
Duuduuuuude!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I'm gonna do my best man. Wow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 28 2009, 07:39 PM
Well, it's our last week. We gotta really push, we could spend years doing this stuff and really cover everything I'd like. Tapping, legato, alternate picking, sweeping, sweeping with tapping, ear development, composing skills ect... but we don't have that much time:( So, give it your best. I'm currently working on that alternate picking video with Muris so don't feel overwhelmed.

It took me a few months to get down that sweeping video too so this isn't like 'YOU NEED THIS DONE NOW'... It's 'Try you best and learn a few things from the lessons'. but I'd like to see your takes of it now and after a week of practicing...You'll be surprised how much more proficient you are even after just one week.

I've been working on Muris's Paul Gilbert Style lesson for over 2 months straight now... I only practice for 20 minutes or so of it, but I'm like 2/3s through it... With time I will be able to do the whole thing! Same goes for this...

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 29 2009, 04:34 AM
Second try..

Erm I don't have a bass or a bass vst...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mtp.mp3 ( 723.23K ) Number of downloads: 178

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 29 2009, 05:21 AM
So since I'm brushing up on my alternate picking with you with this Muris lesson - my advise for going up thirds is memorize the pattern on two string, then the next two string, then the last two string - then combine the whole thing...

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 29 2009, 05:59 AM
OK here is your sweeping lesson with a video...not the greatest video but something haha...

Track 1
Em F#dim G Major
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
E||--7p-3--------3h-7-|--8p-5-----------5h-8-|--10p-7-------------7h-10-|
B||-------5----5------|-------7-------7------|--------8---------8-------|
G||----------4--------|-------------8--------|----------7---------------|
D||-------------------|----------------------|--------------------------|
A||-------------------|----------------------|--------------------------|
E||-------------------|----------------------|--------------------------|

Amin Bmin
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
--12p-8-----------8h-12-|--14p-10------------10h-14-|
--------10-----10-------|---------12------12--------|
-------------9----------|--------------11-----------|
------------------------|---------------------------|

CMajor DMajor
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
--15p-12--------------12h-15-|--17p-14--------------14h-17-|
---------13--------13--------|---------15--------15--------|
------------12---------------|------------14---------------|
-----------------------------|-----------------------------|

Emin
S S S S S S S
--19p-15------------15h-19-||
-----------17----17--------||
--------------16-----------||
---------------------------||

[waiting for youtube upload]

ugh the sync of video and audio is messsed up I need to re-record. Ughhgghhghg

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 29 2009, 07:22 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sweepsEmin.gp5 ( 2.15K ) Number of downloads: 111

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 31 2009, 11:19 PM
I just saw that Guitar Pro thing you uploaded, I really like it. I will try to make some midi drums for behind that..

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 1 2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Fatb0t, sorry for not replying these last days! I completely forgot about it.

So what do I have to do now? Your sweeping lesson or the one by Pavel or both?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 2 2009, 05:23 PM
The sweeping technique I don't expect you to learn completely at all. The reason I assigned it was so you can familiarize yourself with the three triad shapes - Major, minor, and diminished. It's just food for thought really and something for you to practice.

I would like to see you just give it a shot just to see where you're at. Even when this MTP is over I'd still like to work with you if that'd be okay... We just don't have enough time to get everything done that I want too.

Really concentrate on that alternate picking lesson from Muris.. The AP thirds is kinda difficult but if you can alternate pick just the 3note per string scale up and down and in time you got something out of the lesson I think. So really give that one a shot...

I will work on the backing track for your song tonight..

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 2 2009, 07:46 PM
Hey George,

I want to impart one other piece of knowledge that is guitar related but has nothing to do with playing wink.gif It has to do with setting up your guitar... I for years spent money on getting my guitar setup by the local music shop in my town. I was always unsatisfied with the job the guy did. One day there was a lesson on here from an old instructor about setting up your guitar.
You can find the lesson here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...ne-playability/

Pay particular attention to how he adjusts the intonation.
Intonation - In - Tone --->in tune

How I check my guitars intonation is fretting the 12th fret on the low E string. I check to see to if the note is sharp, flat, or perfect on my tuner.
If the note is flat I move the saddle on the bridge closer to the fretboard.
If the note is sharp I move the saddle on the bride further from the fretboard.

Make sure you fret the note lightly on the 12th fret, if you press too hard it will make the note sharp and your adjustments will be incorrect.

Also I advise you to use real decent tools...I once stripped a hex head on a friends Licensed Floyd Rose (it was made of crappy metal, but if I had the exact size hex wrench it would not have stripped I think) and we had to get a new one.

Now before you adjust your guitars intonation you should adjust the guitars action to your liking. I personally like the strings as close to the fret board as possible without getting fret buzz around the lower frets. Also one thing I never mess around with is my guitars truss rod - I generally leave that to 'real' professionals because I can cause actual harm to my babies if I mess up and tighten it too much sad.gif

It's also important to understand that on most guitars you'll never have the guitar's intonation perfect. Check your guitar and let me know how it fares...

Further reading: http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/Electri..._Intonation.htm

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 2 2009, 08:21 PM
Oh that is some scary stuff man! I am so scared to set up my guitar by myself. I might kill my babies!!

I'm going to give it a shot though. Just not now... I'm really frustrated already by a meeting I had today and I don't want that to be the cause of a broken guitar biggrin.gif

EDIT: Jon... are you really sure you want me to do this? I am so a-technical tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Feb 2 2009, 08:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 2 2009, 08:28 PM
Well as with anything with guitar, just exercise caution. You can't really mess up your guitar too badly by adjusting string height and moving the saddles around. Just don't over tighten anything and strip it. Leave the truss rod alone for now... Knowing how to setup your guitar over all is a really good piece of knowledge to have I find.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 2 2009, 08:35 PM
Hehe okay, I will give it a shot. With extreme caution that is. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 2 2009, 08:48 PM
You don't have to make any adjustments, just take a look to see if your guitars intonation is good, bad - whatever you know?

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 5 2009, 02:51 PM
Looks like we ran out of time George... You did a terrific job, I sincerely hope you took something from this mentoring process..even if it was just a little bit of theory here and there. It would be nice to see if you made any progress with sweeping or alternate picking too - so if you got some videos please do up load.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 5 2009, 02:56 PM
Hey Jon!

I'm not able to post videos yet as I have progressed very little. Haven't even had time for the sweeping sad.gif Is it okay if I work on it for another week (cos I won't have a lot of time until Tuesday) and show you then? The alternate picking is harder than I thought by the way. That sequence just kills me!! But it's cool, cause the more I get that down, the faster I seem to get at normal alternate picking biggrin.gif

I think this program has helped me a lot. Working with you was great and I think I made quite some progress. smile.gif

Thanks a lot for teaching me and I hope we will keep in touch!

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Feb 5 2009, 02:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:00 PM