Fuzz Into Od
Mertay
Jan 19 2017, 12:23 PM
GMC:er
or OD into fuzz?

While checking whats new at namm, I noticed this video. I never thought of using such a blend but it sound pretty cool (jump to 2.45);

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 19 2017, 12:26 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 19 2017, 02:29 PM
Either way it sounds cool to me.
That's sort of a modern take on what all the late 60s and 70s rockers were doing. Fuzztone (fuzzface, tonebender) into a really cranked up British amp. Overdriving the overdrive. Many times, in order to get back some high-end a Dallas 'Rangemaster' (treble boost) would be employed. This also adds some more gain.
Most fuzz pedals like to see a guitar signal first so fuzz > OD but it seems like that Ibanez is cool either way(?)

*That's a very Hendrix 'live' tone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 19 2017, 05:28 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 19 2017, 01:29 PM) *
Either way it sounds cool to me.
That's sort of a modern take on what all the late 60s and 70s rockers were doing. Fuzztone (fuzzface, tonebender) into a really cranked up British amp. Overdriving the overdrive. Many times, in order to get back some high-end a Dallas 'Rangemaster' (treble boost) would be employed. This also adds some more gain.
Most fuzz pedals like to see a guitar signal first so fuzz > OD but it seems like that Ibanez is cool either way(?)

*That's a very Hendrix 'live' tone.

Cool info, thanks!

Small correction, the pedal is based on a Muff. And yeah there are 2 versions of that pedal, thats the mini with true-bypass but there's also a vintage re-issue one which will be limited edition;

From video's and what I read, its pretty much the same (breakup) with a big Muff but voiced (eq'd) to sound more OD'ish. It writes overdrive on it cause it was created before od-1/tubescreamer biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 19 2017, 05:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:59 PM