Help Me :p
Pizzoaro
Aug 9 2009, 12:02 AM
GMC:er
Can anyone help me here?
Can someone please explain how I can convert a midi file to a mp3 file?
I really need it tongue.gif
thanks in advance:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 9 2009, 12:44 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Midi isn't an audio file. So first you need to route the midi file to an appropriate vst. You then record the vst to an audio file. Then you can render the audio to mp3 if it isn't already in that format.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
twist
Aug 9 2009, 01:03 AM
Hi, i think that would be a very complicated solution for an easy problem smile.gif There are tons of free converters for midi files on the net. Just search for midi 2 mp3 and you will even find an online converter!

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 9 2009, 01:51 AM
If you have a program such as Vegas, Audiocity, Cubase, Cakewalk, etc. It's actually very easy to do it. You only have to open the program and import the midi file. Once you have imported the file, you just have to go to export file, and select audio mix, or mp3, or whatever you need. It is just that easy.
And now that I remember, Guitar Pro has the posibility to render what you're writing into an audio file such as mp3 and wav. You just have to do same process as I told you previously. Go to export and choose the file type you need. Hope it helps you

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 9 2009, 02:01 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
From my experience, you will still need an instrument set. As Tony said, MIDI is not an audio file, but a sequence of instructions to trigger the assigned instruments. You can find instrument sets online but most of them, the ones I have seen are useless. All you have is a beep here and a ding there to imitate what's going on in the song.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2009, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Windows comes with MX GM Wavetable set of instruments so that can be used by default. I agree with Skenny tho, it's just a step more than beeps and dings, so it can basically serve as a useful information about the note layouts, not as realistic song.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Aug 10 2009, 05:26 AM
I figured it out... i gotta make someone help me with vst's though, ive been trying to understand it for a year, and i just cant do it x)

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 10 2009, 09:21 AM
Instructor
Just ask what you need man, we will help of course smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 17 2009, 09:17 AM
Instructor
If you just need Midi into MP3 then type that into Google. There are plenty of free pages that allow you to upload midi and have it out as MP3.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:26 PM