Arghhh Not Again, my amps not working... again
ClifordACDC
Jul 3 2007, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
ok so back in febuary the amp that came with my starter kit thing stoped working and i had a post asking what new amp i should get

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...&hl=new+amp

i was going to try one of those roland amps but when i got to the store my uncle forced me to look at marshalls. my uncle wanted to be able to hook a mic up to it so he buys me this without really leting me try it ( payed about a $100 less though)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mar...mbo-?sku=483190

i get it home and it wasnt even that great sounding(could have to do with my guitar to though). so a couple of months pass and i was playing my guitar unpluged most of the time and he used it more than me and today he was sinnging with the mic and now this amps not working theres no sound at all. is there any thing u think i can do or sould i just bring it back and get a different one (if so could u suggest some) thanks id appreaciate it if you hellped. i think i have bad luck with amps

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Jul 3 2007, 02:49 AM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 3 2007, 03:13 AM
Learning Roadie
You obviousy have a computer so you should check out the Guitar Port. Your uncle will not be able to plug in a mic and you can use headphones and it sounds great. Unless you need an amp at this point for some reason. It is worth every cent.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kahall: Jul 3 2007, 03:13 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 3 2007, 11:12 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Maybe you should concider a modeling amp of some kind? With $100 you can't make wonders... but the Marshall MG, I don't like it's sound either.
Maybe Vox DA5 or one of the Roland cubes?

So with this $100 budget you have to compromise. Kustom 12A has a tube driven preamp, but a small speaker. Kustom has another 12 model with a 12" speaker.
And 12" speakers sound better, I've had smaller but don't like em. Even had two 4x10 Marshall cabinets but the lacked bottom and punch. Traded em in for a 4x12 and that was a great improvement.

You can get pre amp tube BUT with a small speaker.
You can get 12" speaker but with no tubes...
Give Kustom a try, the Kustom 12 Gauge OR Kustom 12A (with valve). I'm guessing that if you like an amp where you tweak the sound in you may like any of these.

If you like pre factorised sounds I'd go with Vox, Roland, Spider or anything.

And it sounds to me your uncle bought that amp quite a bit to use himself. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 3 2007, 06:18 PM
I think you should go to a marshall dealer and check out the problem instead of buying new equipment. If you bought it from musicians friend then ask them to fix it and they may even exchange it.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jul 3 2007, 06:27 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 3 2007, 06:12 AM) *
Maybe you should concider a modeling amp of some kind? With $100 you can't make wonders... but the Marshall MG, I don't like it's sound either.
Maybe Vox DA5 or one of the Roland cubes?

So with this $100 budget you have to compromise. Kustom 12A has a tube driven preamp, but a small speaker. Kustom has another 12 model with a 12" speaker.
And 12" speakers sound better, I've had smaller but don't like em. Even had two 4x10 Marshall cabinets but the lacked bottom and punch. Traded em in for a 4x12 and that was a great improvement.

You can get pre amp tube BUT with a small speaker.
You can get 12" speaker but with no tubes...
Give Kustom a try, the Kustom 12 Gauge OR Kustom 12A (with valve). I'm guessing that if you like an amp where you tweak the sound in you may like any of these.

If you like pre factorised sounds I'd go with Vox, Roland, Spider or anything.
And it sounds to me your uncle bought that amp quite a bit to use himself. rolleyes.gif

actualy i meant i saved about a $100 cause on musicians friend its like $470 i payed $370.

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Jul 4 2007, 04:57 AM

--------------------

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jul 4 2007, 04:58 AM
I also only wanted a 15 or 30 watt one and i still do. that way i could bring it into different rooms or up my stairs with out a problem

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 4 2007, 09:53 AM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Jul 4 2007, 05:58 AM) *
I also only wanted a 15 or 30 watt one and i still do. that way i could bring it into different rooms or up my stairs with out a problem

So what will you do now, return the MG pr have it repaired?
Are you looking for a modeling amp, solid state or a tube amp?

Hughes and Kettner Matrix 100 - I didnt hear the Combo but te head sounds good. If I was to buy a solid state this is it. Does sparkling clean, crunch, lead and modern heavy.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jul 4 2007, 11:10 PM
im still not really sure what im gonna do but i am going back to the place i bought it and i guess im gonna see if i can return it or get it fixed. i will also look for those though because ive heard your the amp expert smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 4 2007, 11:15 PM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Jul 5 2007, 12:10 AM) *
im still not really sure what im gonna do but i am going back to the place i bought it and i guess im gonna see if i can return it or get it fixed. i will also look for those though because ive heard your the amp expert smile.gif

In the end it's all what YOU like. smile.gif Good luck, hope they will help you in the store.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:50 PM