Changing Parts, going from stock to rock or just plain dumb?
Smikey2006
Jul 4 2007, 05:43 AM
GMC:er
I'm curious as to the differences in stock pickups, and bridges to other pickups and bridges. Does getting rid of your stock pick ups and throwing on some new ones really make a huge difference in tone or does it depend on the brand of guitar- For example. on a 1000$ guitar would replacing the stock pickups make a big difference or is it not worth the trouble? Same deal with bridges, how much would have to be spent in each case in order to get a considerable upgrade.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 4 2007, 06:01 AM
Learning Roadie
It really depends. I'm sure you can find an otherwise great 1000$ guitar that has bad pickups, but usually the pickups are actually pretty good in that price range, sometimes perhaps not what you're looking for though. My telecaster goes for I think $899 retail and I love the pickups on it (p-90 in the neck and tele pickup in the bridge), I wouldn't change them unless I wanted a different sound. As it turns out, I do want a different sound, so I'm building a new guitar tongue.gif

So you can't really say well, all $1000 guitars have great (or bad) pickups. It depends. Most of the time they're good quality, so at that level it just depends on what sound you're looking for. In lower end guitars though, like sub $500 or maybe even higher, the pickups can be pretty bad quality though and I think you would definitely notice a huge increase by putting some real quality pickups in them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:25 PM