Abelton, Collab general ?'s
bmckenn
Aug 14 2008, 08:37 PM
GMC:er
I purchased an M-Audio USB interface that came with Abelton software with the intent on getting in on a collab or two. I have been playing around with the software. Can anyone give me a walkthrough on using for a collab? Do you input the mp3 in it somehow? If so, I have no idea how. I read somewhere that you shouldn't record with the backing track provided with the collab. In that case, how are they adding it after the fact? Appoligize in advance for my ignorance and appreciate any help at all...Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 14 2008, 08:48 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (bmckenn @ Aug 14 2008, 09:37 PM) *
I purchased an M-Audio USB interface that came with Abelton software with the intent on getting in on a collab or two. I have been playing around with the software. Can anyone give me a walkthrough on using for a collab? Do you input the mp3 in it somehow? If so, I have no idea how. I read somewhere that you shouldn't record with the backing track provided with the collab. In that case, how are they adding it after the fact? Appoligize in advance for my ignorance and appreciate any help at all...Thanks.

Oh,I find that DAW very confusing,but I know,that many people are using Ableton for live (electronic) performance.So if you could get Cubase LE or or Reaper,I am shore that many people could help you here,including me.
But wait a bit maby some one will response who knowes some thing a bout Ableton.
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Aug 14 2008, 09:12 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I agree with Nem-I also got Ableton with a purchase but I bought Reaper based on the wide knowledge of the DAW here at GMC. Ableton was very confusing for me. Reaper is cheap to buy and free to try

Click here!

What ever you choose good luck. I'm not positive but Ivan may know about Ableton

This post has been edited by Henry Dietzel: Aug 14 2008, 09:13 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 14 2008, 09:17 PM
There should be a really good guide inside the program that tells u basically everything u need to know... At least there was for me when I got it with my PX5D... I don't use Ableton tho, I use Reaper's trial, and it it's really all I need ATM smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 15 2008, 11:07 AM
Instructor
I would suggest like everyone else here and that is to get Reaper. I think Reaper is a better choice, and also you can find Reaper tutorials here on GMC. Abletone is a cool software to use only if you have M-Audio MIDI controller because mapping is fairly easy with it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bmckenn
Aug 15 2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I downloaded reaper last night and have already recorded with and without a backing track. Alot easier to use. I am anxious to get in on a collab. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 16 2008, 04:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (bmckenn @ Aug 15 2008, 06:06 PM) *
Thanks for the advice everyone. I downloaded reaper last night and have already recorded with and without a backing track. Alot easier to use. I am anxious to get in on a collab. Thanks again.

Very good man! smile.gif Reaper is much easier..When recording collabs make sure you import the backin and when you record your take , export the two identical lenght files (starting from the collabs backings precount)...Just set the export/render region and make one file with the full mix..And next mute the backing track and export again to get the solo guitar only take the same lenght..

Looking forward to your collab participation.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 17 2008, 01:25 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (bmckenn @ Aug 15 2008, 06:06 PM) *

Glad you find your way mate.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:27 PM