Attitude And Playing
CathShadow
Oct 19 2010, 06:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So, I'm playing "Pretty fly for a white guy"..

It's not really a tricky song at all to play.. easy chords, easy riffs etc.. Except I was for some reason having a lot of trouble in the faster slides at parts of the song...

Frustrated with myself, I was about to put the guitar down.. then I stopped took a breath and thought to myself: "I can do this - I've played other things the same or faster, what's wrong with me?"

Which made me relax, my hands relaxed, and I suddenly found I was playing smoother, and cleaner ..

So it seems attitude is very important..?

(btw. on a side note, any tips on getting a nicer slide? (my fingers seem to "stick" to the strings if I slide too much - or too quick.. like my hand is there and my fingers almost get left behind from friction tongue.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mudbone
Oct 19 2010, 03:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
As far as slides, lean your finger a little less than perpendicular, away from the direction you're sliding to, and that should give you more leverage.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:57 PM