Wanna-be-guitarist, The guitarist you know in your neghbori hood who know nothing
Bitey
Apr 11 2007, 05:03 PM
GMC:er
Does anyone else live near a few bands like that or guitarist who pretend they know everything about the guitar and claim they are the best? It drives me crazy especially the ones who live by me have all the dark clothes and weird moe hawks and they don't know anything about guitar, I asked them if they knew what a meteronome was and they looked at me clueless, then I heard them play and it sounded horrible all their songs had the same riffs that was just Drop D -0-0-0-1-0-0-1. Makes me upset because they can afford all the exspencive gear and I can't but I can still make my Fender Squire (Yeah I got one whats up? lol) Sound 100 times better. So I thank you GMC for teaching me there is more too a guitar than droping D and strumming lol.

Anyone else know guitarist like this or bands who just play other bands songs and act like they are "The best?"

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Robin
Apr 11 2007, 05:35 PM
I havent met anyone like that, yet atleast smile.gif But I hate people in general that think they are much better than everyone and act like jackasses because of that, even if they are better. People that are skilled shouldnt whine at people that arent as good as them, they should help them instead(Like GMC smile.gif ).
But yeah I've experienced so called "stash whores" as we call them here tongue.gif When I used to skateboard some years ago there was some wannabes that didnt know shit and didnt even practice, but still they got 10 different types of the most expensive shoes and skateboard gear etc., really stupid tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Apr 11 2007, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
Bitey
Apr 11 2007, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 11 2007, 11:35 AM) *
I havent met anyone like that, yet atleast smile.gif But I hate people in general that think they are much better than everyone and act like jackasses because of that, even though they are better. People that are skilled shouldnt whine at people that arent as good as them, they should help them instead.
But yeah I've experienced so called "stash whores" as we call them here tongue.gif When I used to skateboard some years ago there was some wannabes that didnt know shit and didnt even practice, but still they got 10 different types of the most expensive shoes and skateboard gear etc., really stupid tongue.gif

I know what you mean I had a friend like that who didn't know anything about skate boarding. I used to do it but then I quit that and became a stupid wigger kid. X_X Then I stopped that and got into guitar. I am not claiming I am the best because I am not but atleast I know things like the string names other than 1 2 3 4 5 and 6.

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 11 2007, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (Bitey @ Apr 11 2007, 04:03 PM) *
Anyone else know guitarist like this or bands who just play other bands songs and act like they are "The best?"

Oh my god, I almost forgot! We have ONLY bands like that in my town, HAHAHA! Everyone hates our band and they talk crap about us to everyone, even though we have never done them any harm. We make 20 songs a year and all the other bands here play the same for about 3-4 years or cover songs, and still they think they are soooo much better than us. And we're also much more known around the country(and even outside) than they are. They will never get out of this little shit city. Oh jesus, haha, ah well, jealousy maybe? laugh.gif Well I guess I'm acting like them now, but what the hell, I never talk crap about them to anyone usually smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 11 2007, 05:48 PM
Instructor
Well after reading this post i realised my city is not the only one full of morrons that think they can play....
I met loads of people like those....and i just stopped reacting or thinking about it.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 11 2007, 05:50 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Apr 11 2007, 04:48 PM) *
Well after reading this post i realised my city is not the only one full of morrons that think they can play....
I met loads of people like those....and i just stopped reacting or thinking about it.

Norway got plenty of those people smile.gif specially on the internet where their indentity is hidden laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 11 2007, 05:57 PM
Moderation Policy Director
The good news is that this forum is full of the opposite kind of people - people like Kris, Pavel, Gabriel and David who ARE really good, and want to help in making us as good as them - I love Kris sig where he says we can all beat him with hard work - gives me hope for the future smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Bitey
Apr 11 2007, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Apr 11 2007, 11:48 AM) *

I don't know how they can act like they are better than you pavel you are insane. My friend Adam and I are usually the only ones I know in my school who know heads or tails about guitar and my friend ethan is the drummer and we usually just rock at adams and make fun of the other bands and play there stuff lol not much to do in WI.

QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 11 2007, 11:50 AM) *
Norway got plenty of those people smile.gif specially on the internet where their indentity is hidden laugh.gif

Well WI has tons of them I believe they're everywhere. lol I have tons of them in my class right now.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 11 2007, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bitey @ Apr 11 2007, 07:01 PM) *
I don't know how they can act like they are better than you pavel you are insane.

Well there are loads of people who are so self-confident that they can't even see a finger in front of their nose.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bitey
Apr 11 2007, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2007, 11:57 AM) *
The good news is that this forum is full of the opposite kind of people - people like Kris, Pavel, Gabriel and David who ARE really good, and want to help in making us as good as them - I love Kris sig where he says we can all beat him with hard work - gives me hope for the future smile.gif

Well I disagree, I believe there are some people who come here who are just like that and still think they are great and give excuses why kris and the others are better than them. But over all no offense to anyone else but Andrew your stuff has helped me the most with your theory boards. It is so hard to apply actual work you do with out understanding behind it. So your theory boards Andrew is what I spend the most time at. Then I will go to the other guys for actual demenstrations and how it sounds.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 11 2007, 07:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Pavel @ Apr 11 2007, 06:48 PM) *
*cut* my city is not the only one full of morrons *cut*

QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 11 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Norway got plenty of those people smile.gif *cut*

...needless to even comment on that

Greeting from Sweden wink.gif

EDIT: Just kidding of course. For those who doesn't know - Sweden and Noway are like brothers, some competition and joking between us :-)

This post has been edited by MickeM: Apr 11 2007, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:31 AM