2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Bring Back Komedy Kris!, To Kris
buttmonk
May 22 2008, 08:16 PM
GMC:er
Kris, 1 of the things that first brought me over to this site (apart from the high quality instruction).....was your wacked out sense of humour and the hilarious characters in some of ur vids, there were occasions when you really did have me splurting my breakfast cereal all over the floor (from laughter, of course) wink.gif So now that u don't do lessons any more we get no more funny Kris, and that is decreasing my quality of life ohmy.gif

Of course u are very busy and everything, but maybe you could find time to do 1 short vid every month or so, and make it a funny one:)

This is only a semi-serious post, but seriously, thanks for the grins as well as the tuition smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by buttmonk: May 22 2008, 08:18 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 22 2008, 08:18 PM
Lets go fishing!
Kris's comdey sure is Golden cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 22 2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah more lessons from kris ohmy.gif

You've been saying you don't have any time for more then a year now, you just don't like us any more sad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 22 2008, 08:58 PM
GMC Founder
laugh.gif

Well some occasional joke videos isn't a bad idea... What should I joke about?

Oh and shame on the cereals! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 22 2008, 09:00 PM
Lets go fishing!
The bad mother finger of course....... laugh.gif

I think some random comedy videos would be great, dosent have to be too involved lesson wise smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Slammer
May 22 2008, 09:06 PM
My favorite was when Kris had a santa claus hat on and he said "It's Christmas- you get the picture."

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 22 2008, 09:11 PM
GMC Founder
hehe well it can be hard to be funny...I'll need to think of something. It's easier to throw in random jokes when recording a lesson!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 22 2008, 09:31 PM
biggrin.gif i really enjoyed your skit about the broken guitar smile.gif the Gmc bloopers smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 22 2008, 09:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ May 22 2008, 08:31 PM) *
biggrin.gif i really enjoyed your skit about the broken guitar smile.gif the Gmc bloopers smile.gif

aha - that can be an expensive joke, though! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
May 22 2008, 09:34 PM
I just thought it was Kris trying to be more professional. Those comedy lessons lured us all into GMC, now that he has us in a cobra death grip, he no longer needs them. I did enjoy them though. More than those videos did I enjoy the guitar that he played that Sweet Child `O Mine solo with. That thing was SICK! Kris you have to tell me where you got it, and what it is!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammer91
May 22 2008, 09:42 PM
You guys should check out Kris' latest Paul gilbert lesson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh779aVei0s

Gives me enogh reason to munch on an XL Vegetarian pizza. smile.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 22 2008, 09:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Jenkinson @ May 22 2008, 08:34 PM) *
I just thought it was Kris trying to be more professional. Those comedy lessons lured us all into GMC, now that he has us in a cobra death grip, he no longer needs them.

Well that's not entirely true... Joking about something requires a certain amount of distance/perspective to it.

I have been completely consumed with my work with gmc, day and night the past year - which makes it hard to step back and have the laid back attitude required to pull off some convincing jokes... If I could just press a button and get into the right mood - I would!

QUOTE (Jenkinson @ May 22 2008, 08:34 PM) *
That thing was SICK! Kris you have to tell me where you got it, and what it is!

I think the model was Ibanez Rg 777 - I bought it used but I have sold it now! sad.gif It was a cool guitar though. smile.gif

QUOTE (jammer91 @ May 22 2008, 08:42 PM) *

Gives me enogh reason to munch on an XL Vegetarian pizza. smile.gif

Oh you brought that one up... unsure.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 22 2008, 09:49 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (jammer91 @ May 22 2008, 09:42 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif brilliant!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Niko Fran
May 22 2008, 09:51 PM
Well, if Guitar Masterclass dosent do as good at a point, Kris can allways make Comedy Masterclass xD?

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 22 2008, 09:57 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I thought Kris' slippers in the alley cats lesson were comic genius. biggrin.gif And his paul gilbert lesson on youtube. And all of his jokes really.

BUT...you need to make more jokes otherwise everyone on GMC will become unhappy and we will start a revolution and your amusing slippers won't be able to save you! (maybe) wink.gif tongue.gif

p.s. I don't mean to threaten you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
May 22 2008, 10:01 PM
I loved the breaking guitar video on new years eve ! By the way I didn't know that Kris published so many great videos on youtube, why aren't those on gmc ???

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: May 22 2008, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 22 2008, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Tummy laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Casper
May 22 2008, 10:16 PM
hhaahaha thats too funny

--------------------
Guitars:EsP-LtD F-2E, Jackson King V, Fender Strat

MFX: Pandora PX5D, Zoom 505. Sennheiser HD25 mk II Headphones

Blown Amp :(

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
May 22 2008, 10:18 PM
Kris I would have bought that guitar from you if I knew it was for sale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 22 2008, 10:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Cool Pablo style video! Thats a really great lick btw smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:43 AM