3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What Type Of Guitar Strings Do You Use?, Please share why you use them, brand and gauge
The-Levy
Sep 5 2007, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
I use 09 DR Coated black beauty's, or Elixirs 09 too. Thy just feel soft and sound good to me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 5 2007, 12:19 AM
I think there have been a similar topic before smile.gif

But anyway, I use 0.10 Elixir.
Becuase they NEVER get dirty or rusty. I tried some cheaper GHS strings once, they got full of filth the second day... And then they snapped. Elixir hold for a long time compared to other strings I've tried.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 5 2007, 12:47 AM
Instructor
I usually use 9-42 d'Addario but I'm thinking about using 10-46 because perhaps I change the tunning of my guitar tongue.gif

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 7 2007, 06:48 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Sep 4 2007, 07:47 PM) *
I usually use 9-42 d'Addario but I'm thinking about using 10-46 because perhaps I change the tunning of my guitar tongue.gif

I use these exact same strings.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Francis Viviers
Sep 7 2007, 05:30 PM
QUOTE (RobM @ Sep 7 2007, 07:48 AM) *
I use these exact same strings.

i use earnie ball regular slinky's ( 10 - 46 ). They have a great feel, not too high tension and they dont rust as easy as most other strings. I used to use elixer's but their too expensive and they are really irritating when they wear out as the coating starts to come off ...

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 7 2007, 09:55 PM
I use 9-42's, but I don't stick to a particular brand (as of this moment). Right now however I'm using Ernie Ball Slinky's
Edit: typo

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Sep 8 2007, 12:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 7 2007, 11:09 PM
Instructor
My main set is DR Tite Fit 009 042
I got package of 12 Slinky sets from EB few days ago and I putted one on guitar tho...
They are ok by now wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 7 2007, 11:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Im using Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky 09-46.
My favourite right now so far.
I tested some Gibson strings, S.I.T strings and D'addrio and for me the Ernie Ball ones were the best, because I liked the feeling of the string and the sound.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
strat_daniel
Sep 9 2007, 05:48 AM
fender super bullets, 9-42 Nice and durable, like the sound and feel

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Sep 9 2007, 05:55 AM
I mainly use DR's Color coated but recently tried the strings @ Webstrings and they are holding up really well. Sound nice and bright too. Whoops, forgot to mention that they are mega cheap too! $3 a pack or less.

This post has been edited by SDMF75: Sep 9 2007, 05:56 AM

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Rock
Sep 9 2007, 06:03 AM
QUOTE (Francis Viviers @ Sep 7 2007, 12:30 PM) *
i use earnie ball regular slinky's ( 10 - 46 ). They have a great feel, not too high tension and they dont rust as easy as most other strings. I used to use elixer's but their too expensive and they are really irritating when they wear out as the coating starts to come off ...

I tried these because a few people said they were excellent. They sounded pretty good, but not as good as what came with my Schecter when I bought it new. So I checked on their website and found a Q&A thread that indicated they install GHS Boomers 10 - 46 on all their 6 string guitars. I put some in just yesterday and they sound incredible. Now I'm wondering how much of it has to do with your guitar type and what they set it up with. This guitar was set up with these strings so maybe it has something to do with it, I don't really know. I do know that most people have indicated that they love the Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's, but they don't sound that great on my guitar. Not as good as the GHS Boomers anyway.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 9 2007, 06:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SDMF75 @ Sep 9 2007, 06:55 AM) *
I mainly use DR's Color coated but recently tried the strings @ Webstrings and they are holding up really well. Sound nice and bright too. Whoops, forgot to mention that they are mega cheap too! $3 a pack or less.

Sounds nice...sadly,they don't do shipping to Bosnia cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
lost-jgs
Sep 9 2007, 06:37 PM
i use D'Addario 11-52's builds good finger strength on my hardtail PRS Santana

i use D'Addario 9-42 on my jackson rr3 cause I dont feel like resetting the tremolo for new string gauge

--------------------
Guitars : PRS Santana SE Stop Tail, Jackson RR3
Amps: Vox DA5 Amp , Vox AD30VT
Effects: Line 6 Dr. Distorto

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 9 2007, 06:45 PM
I use Dean Markley 9-46 strings.
Because they have "more power,tone,sustain and longer life!"
<----------(just reading the back of the packet) biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 9 2007, 06:53 PM
I use 010-046 Elixir, and I love them, even though I'm thinking of going over to 011 and tune down to D.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 10 2007, 10:02 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I use Dean Markley Lights (.09-.42) for tunings E Standard to D standard.

For anything C Standard or Below i use Dean Markley Heavys (.11-.52)

And since i tune to Drop A Every now and then for that, i use Dean Markley Extra Heavys (.13-.57)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 10 2007, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Holy,many drop and low tunning here biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Codyrg
Sep 10 2007, 04:55 PM
Rack up another DR user smile.gif

I use Hi-Beams 11-50 for D standard tuning. I've tried a lot of other brands, but keep coming back to DR.

It's all opinion, but I think that everyone should at least try DR...I used to play other brands to death and beyond, but I kept hearing abou how amazing DR was, tried them....never went back biggrin.gif

I've tried lower than D before, used to be a drop C junkie! I tried C standard, it sounded...odd. Not really "too low" just, I'm not sure...didn't feel right I suppose. Tried C# and that still didn't gel with me, so back up to D and it just sounds perfect! Love my D standard!

This post has been edited by Codyrg: Sep 10 2007, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
Anomaly
Sep 11 2007, 04:27 AM
Choosing strings can be really dry.gif huh.gif blink.gif and unsure.gif
because even if you buy a new set, you don't know how long were the strings in the store. So you could choose a really great brand perfect for you wub.gif but the strings would suck and you would never ever try them again. Except for D'Addario because they're in that special bag.

And even if the strings were fresh when bought it's kind of difficult to remember how they sounded in the beginning. wacko.gif (Well, I record how they sound "fresh from the store").

This post has been edited by Anomaly: Sep 11 2007, 04:29 AM

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 13 2007, 03:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I use D'Addario 09-042

Sounding good, perfect strings, and you can bend them nicely.. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:13 AM