> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2012, 10:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 19 2012, 10:50 AM) *
This gives me motivation too smile.gif

so.. go for it! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 1 2012, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
Sorry for the lack of posts and not attending the V-chat. I was out at my relatives house. I am back now. I'll review all my tasks and organize them again. smile.gif I'll get back to you soon. smile.gif

And I see, you'll be doing a -chat this Wednesday too, is it ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2012, 09:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 1 2012, 01:57 PM) *
Sorry for the lack of posts and not attending the V-chat. I was out at my relatives house. I am back now. I'll review all my tasks and organize them again. smile.gif I'll get back to you soon. smile.gif

And I see, you'll be doing a -chat this Wednesday too, is it ?

yes, I'll do a Vchat this Wednesday 4th, one hour before. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 1 2012, 09:13 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2012, 01:32 AM) *
yes, I'll do a Vchat this Wednesday 4th, one hour before. wink.gif

One hour before, 7 PM London Time, even better biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2012, 09:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 1 2012, 05:13 PM) *
One hour before, 7 PM London Time, even better biggrin.gif

yes! It's not yet at the frontpage schedule but that's my next Vchat session. How is your organization? Are you ready to get back to the guitar routine?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 1 2012, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2012, 01:46 AM) *
yes! It's not yet at the frontpage schedule but that's my next Vchat session. How is your organization? Are you ready to get back to the guitar routine?

I'll make it today, after I go to sleep and wake up tongue.gif Its 2 AM here now tongue.gif laugh.gif

I am eager to get back to the routine.
And, I've got to tell you something. I tried out a few guitars on another trip to the shop. And, found, that I am not a bad player. Its my guitar that's bad. The neck is just TOO fat. mad.gif I wanna get one soon. But we got a new car, so my plans have been delayed

I shred on some axes much better. biggrin.gif

And, regarding acoustic. I found one that's around $110, 12 string, flattish neck, which I got comfortable with quickly. I really loved its sound. It was good. But, should I stick with getting a 6 string or get the 12 string. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jul 1 2012, 09:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2012, 10:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 1 2012, 05:22 PM) *
I'll make it today, after I go to sleep and wake up tongue.gif Its 2 AM here now tongue.gif laugh.gif

I am eager to get back to the routine.
And, I've got to tell you something. I tried out a few guitars on another trip to the shop. And, found, that I am not a bad player. Its my guitar that's bad. The neck is just TOO fat. mad.gif I wanna get one soon. But we got a new car, so my plans have been delayed

I shred on some axes much better. biggrin.gif

And, regarding acoustic. I found one that's around $110, 12 string, flattish neck, which I got comfortable with quickly. I really loved its sound. It was good. But, should I stick with getting a 6 string or get the 12 string. unsure.gif

hahaha yeah mate, there are guitars that are made for shredding. Ibanez guitars are one example, their necks are very thin and that makes it easier. But it's not magic, just makes it easier, we still need to do a lot of hard work. Jackson Guitars also have thin necks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 2 2012, 05:56 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2012, 02:30 AM) *
hahaha yeah mate, there are guitars that are made for shredding. Ibanez guitars are one example, their necks are very thin and that makes it easier. But it's not magic, just makes it easier, we still need to do a lot of hard work. Jackson Guitars also have thin necks.

But it seemed like its magic laugh.gif biggrin.gif And what about the acoustic ?

This post has been edited by Yash: Jul 2 2012, 05:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2012, 05:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 2 2012, 01:56 AM) *
But it seemed like its magic laugh.gif biggrin.gif And what about the acoustic ?

6 strings vs 12 strings??

mmm both are cool, but If I would have to choose one for starting, I would go for the 6th strings one because you can use it for everything. The 12 strings is more special, I think that it doesn't work for everything.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 2 2012, 06:06 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2012, 10:29 AM) *
6 strings vs 12 strings??

mmm both are cool, but If I would have to choose one for starting, I would go for the 6th strings one because you can use it for everything. The 12 strings is more special, I think that it doesn't work for everything.

I think the 12 string would limit me for playing rhythms only. I can also play simple leads with a 6 string. Plus, there are maintenance issues. But the 12 string sounds, epic godly kinda laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2012, 07:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 2 2012, 02:06 AM) *
I think the 12 string would limit me for playing rhythms only. I can also play simple leads with a 6 string. Plus, there are maintenance issues. But the 12 string sounds, epic godly kinda laugh.gif

hahahah I agree. It's your decision. I would go for the 6 strings, but as you said, the 12 strings is epic. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 29 2012, 05:18 PM
OK Gab, I almost forgot the thread, too involved in the V-chats and stuff laugh.gif

OK, as we talked. Sweeping over the in my darkest hour rhythm. Here's the GP file smile.gif

Attached File  In_My_Darkest_Hour.gp5 ( 190.23K ) Number of downloads: 63

The solo I am composing is from bars 161 to 189. I did the first half. smile.gif For the second half, I wanna divide it into sweeping and scale runs smile.gif How do I approach sweeping to the rhythm ? There's constant key changes due to the power chords and there's always the palm muted open A string. How do I sweep over it. Only A minor arpeggios won't do it, I think. Let's discuss smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 30 2012, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 29 2012, 01:18 PM) *
OK Gab, I almost forgot the thread, too involved in the V-chats and stuff laugh.gif

OK, as we talked. Sweeping over the in my darkest hour rhythm. Here's the GP file smile.gif

Attached File  In_My_Darkest_Hour.gp5 ( 190.23K ) Number of downloads: 63

The solo I am composing is from bars 161 to 189. I did the first half. smile.gif For the second half, I wanna divide it into sweeping and scale runs smile.gif How do I approach sweeping to the rhythm ? There's constant key changes due to the power chords and there's always the palm muted open A string. How do I sweep over it. Only A minor arpeggios won't do it, I think. Let's discuss smile.gif

hi mate! Could you please post an mp3 file of that section?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 30 2012, 06:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 30 2012, 08:43 PM) *
hi mate! Could you please post an mp3 file of that section?

Sure smile.gif Do you need just the rhythm with backing or with my solo over it too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2012, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 30 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Sure smile.gif Do you need just the rhythm with backing or with my solo over it too smile.gif

backing + solo! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 31 2012, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 31 2012, 11:18 PM) *
backing + solo! wink.gif

Give me 5 minutes bro wink.gif

EDIT: Maybe more, after Ben's chat. Sorry

This post has been edited by Yash: Jul 31 2012, 07:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2012, 07:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 31 2012, 02:53 PM) *
Give me 5 minutes bro wink.gif

EDIT: Maybe more, after Ben's chat. Sorry

ok! Thanks mate. Enjoy Ben's chat and send him some greetings. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 31 2012, 07:33 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 31 2012, 11:59 PM) *
ok! Thanks mate. Enjoy Ben's chat and send him some greetings. smile.gif

Ben sends some greetings too Gab smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 31 2012, 08:59 PM
OK Gabriel, here's the MP3 version of the solo and after that some rhythm being played smile.gif That is where I need to put the sweeps in smile.gif

Plus I would like to do some scale runs combining alternate picking and legato smile.gif We can extend the time I get to solo if you like smile.gif

Attached File  in_my_darkest_hour_solo___empty_space_for_solo.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 68

Let's see what we can do smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2012, 01:40 AM
Instructor
Well, the progression in this section is (Am - C - Dm - F C), so these are the arpeggios that you can play with sweep picking. Check again the lesson notes from my last Vchat session and use those shapes. Keep me updated with the progress. Please post mp3 files to check the solo progress. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:04 AM