3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
What Album Have You Re-disovered Lately
Sensible Jones
Mar 22 2021, 02:14 AM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 22 2021, 02:01 PM
Learning Roadie
In the last few years I have kind of discovered, or rediscovered a host of Punk/Emo/Screamo/Hardcore bands that I either missed along the way or only new the names of the bands, by listening to the Labelled podcast about the history of Tooth and Nail records.
A band that wasn't on the label but was associated with that scene and held in much respect is Thrice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 28 2021, 08:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Loved this band, fairly local to me from Ozzy's hometown of Birmingham, when one of the tracks popped up on shuffle, I had to listen to the whole album, must have seen these about 10 times live in very small clubs. The singer used to run a punk t-shirt stall, used to speak to him a lot, his brother is on my contacts on Facebook, we reminisce quite a bit about the olden days cool.gif

Certainly NOT a guitar hero album.

https://youtu.be/C4gk16YPYLc

Still at it in 2020 at The 100 Club. This is just how it used to be in the very early 80's I was about 15 and got into the clubs for over 21s laugh.gif laugh.gif It was a very different time back then.

https://youtu.be/4q6YgJ_dKZU

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 31 2021, 11:33 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2021, 09:58 AM
God Bless GBH!!!!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 28 2021, 03:10 PM) *
Loved this band, fairly local to me from Ozzy's hometown of Birmingham, when on of the tracks popped up on shuffle, I had to listen to the whole album, must have seen these about 10 times live in very small clubs. The singer used to run a punk t-shirt stall, used to speak to him a lot, his brother is on my contacts on Facebook, we reminisce quite a bit about the olden days cool.gif

Certainly NOT a guitar hero album.

https://youtu.be/C4gk16YPYLc

Still at it in 2020 at The 100 Club. This is just how it used to be in the very early 80's I was about 15 and got into the clubs for over 21s laugh.gif laugh.gif It was a very different time back then.

https://youtu.be/4q6YgJ_dKZU

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 3 2021, 07:28 PM
Punk with sax brilliant. Some say the vocals get a bit repetitive but I love it, she was classically trained in opera and taken too early at the age of 53.

I love the rhythms and the sad is inspired and I can't say I know of another punk band that had a sax, not in 1978 anyway.

I like turn all but I think "Let's Submerge' is my favourite though that can change at any time.

https://youtu.be/abu2otMwDo4

https://youtu.be/koZN8KMGO6U

https://youtu.be/7b68GNBxqWQ

https://youtu.be/jiU4f8NtYjk

https://youtu.be/SSuH1E4yZxA

https://youtu.be/Pst5K6uEPUc

https://youtu.be/zSCgVbDMs-E

https://youtu.be/K4H1RHqVI58

https://youtu.be/4CYrJ1POzns

https://youtu.be/01fixa4lgcE

https://youtu.be/MFv53VolRj8

https://youtu.be/xjVVhJ-INWQ

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2021, 09:05 PM
GMC Founder
Tool! Mostly their old albums.

I have always enjoyed the occasional Tool song, but I have always felt their tunes were a little lengthy. But now I feel is was probably me that wasn't quite ready for it, because I love them now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 3 2021, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2021, 08:05 PM) *

I have always enjoyed the occasional Tool song, but I have always felt their tunes were a little lengthy. But now I feel is was probably me that wasn't quite ready for it, because I love them now!

Please share the one you consider your favourite please buddy, I haven't heard any Tool that I know of. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2021, 09:27 PM
GMC Founder
I listen to all of their tunes on Spotify (I don't listen by album), but here is an example of one tune that sends shrivers down my spine every time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 3 2021, 09:44 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2021, 08:27 PM) *
I listen to all of their tunes on Spotify (I don't listen by album), but here is an example of one tune that sends shrivers down my spine every time.

Interesting, that's not doing anything for me but I will check some more out. Also it might grow on me and the growers are usually the stayers.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 4 2021, 03:36 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2021, 09:05 PM) *

This might be highly controversial but I've always enjoyed A Perfect Circle more than Tool. mellow.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2021, 09:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Space metal!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 4 2021, 11:07 PM
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. Okay, it's an album of covers but it's a brilliant album and not something I expected from the Duran Duran guitarist. If you play it, it will auto play the next track. You can scroll the play bar to nearly the end to get to the next track. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/DHehIUv9UdA?list=PL5-TEczv...6EQdJHEgz6uk_UW

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 5 2021, 10:18 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2021, 06:16 PM
Instructor
Brazilian Metal!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 6 2021, 06:40 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Apr 4 2021, 04:36 AM) *
This might be highly controversial but I've always enjoyed A Perfect Circle more than Tool. mellow.gif

It's funny you mention it - because this one is actually on heavy rotation here as well. I would agree this is probably a bit more "digestable" than the classic Tool albums.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2021, 07:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 6 2021, 02:40 PM) *
It's funny you mention it - because this one is actually on heavy rotation here as well. I would agree this is probably a bit more "digestable" than the classic Tool albums.

This album is a masterpiece. I love it. That 6/8 feel really influenced my band's first album.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 6 2021, 07:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 6 2021, 06:40 PM) *

I haven't listened to that album in a long time! Thanks for reminding me! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 6 2021, 10:11 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 6 2021, 08:25 PM) *
This album is a masterpiece. I love it. That 6/8 feel really influenced my band's first album.

Yeah!! that’s an epic symphony gig 🤩👌

I agree the album is def a masterpiece, there are just too many cool tunes. However I have to ask - is it just me or are there like 1-2 tunes where the singer is unbearably out of pitch? On some places I need to skip to the next tune

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 6 2021, 10:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 6 2021, 10:11 PM) *
Yeah!! that’s an epic symphony gig 🤩👌

I agree the album is def a masterpiece, there are just too many cool tunes. However I have to ask - is it just me or are there like 1-2 tunes where the singer is unbearably out of pitch? On some places I need to skip to the next tune

The APC album? I must admit I've never really noticed, but it's been a long time since I've listened to it and paid attention fully. What songs are you thinking of?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2021, 11:10 PM
Instructor
The same here! I've listened a lot to this album when it was released and I didn't notice the pitch issues in those days.

Now I'm curious... which tracks?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 10 2021, 04:03 PM
GMC Founder
Namely this track. But it is very popular so I assume the problem lies on my end 😅

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:30 PM