Line 6 Floor Pod, Anyone use it?
Kizaze44
Oct 12 2007, 12:54 AM
GMC:er
I'm thinking about getting the PodXT, but I like the pedal on the Floor Pod to add some spice like a little wah or crunch in the middle of a solo.

Any advice?

-Kiz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Erik Johnson
Oct 12 2007, 01:26 AM
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Oct 11 2007, 07:54 PM) *
I'm thinking about getting the PodXT, but I like the pedal on the Floor Pod to add some spice like a little wah or crunch in the middle of a solo.

Any advice?

-Kiz

I'm getting a PodXT Pro Live really, really soon, and I'm really excited. I've tried them out at Guitar Center, and they are absolutely amazing in my opinion. The abilities of the pedal and its multi-effect settings make this an awesome processor for me.

I'd say go to the floor pod, not the tiny little module.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
...you will have taken your very first steps towards Johnson land...

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Modified), Yamaha Pacifica (Black; modified with different humbuckers and a few other things)

Equipment: Vox DA5 Digital Amp (It's a little weak, but fun nonetheless), Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Wishlist: An Ibanez RG Model, and a yummy Pavel and Andrew Cockburn JEM.. Mmmm. I'd also love a Marshall Stack. That'd be awesome. :D

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Oct 12 2007, 01:43 AM
My buddy has the DigiTech GNX3 Guitar Workstation. A similar piece of equipment. I used it before and I thought it was sick. To have that pedal to play w/ the wah and all that fun stuff was a def. a plus.

I agree w/ Erik, go w/ the floor pod.

-Justin

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 12 2007, 01:49 AM
The PODXT has a lot more features. Take a look:
http://line6.com/pod/compare.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Oct 12 2007, 02:40 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I need a floor pedal as I jam with others much more than record at home, so I'm going for the Pod xt Live.

-Kiz

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 12 2007, 03:09 AM
Id save up for a POD X3. IT blows away all multi effects (just gonna save up and wait for the price to lower, then throw my cash at it). It also has killer looks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lin...mp;src=3LL6WXX1

But the PODXT Live is a bit off from Digitechs GNX3000 (which is really similar to PODX3 live but at the price of a PODXT Live).

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Xin
Oct 13 2007, 02:33 AM
I have used the PodXt Live for 1.5 years and I thoroughly love it and I am thinking about getting the new version (x3). The amp modeling for Mesa Boogie sounds exactly like my dual recto and the Marshall JCM800 is acurate as well.

Somthing to think about - PodxtLive is better for amp modeling than for effects even though it has plenty of built-in effects. If you don't want or need amp modeling I would go with something else.

I absolutely love the $99 add on called Riffworks that is used for computer recording. The easiest way to get ideas or complete songs recorded quickly from the Line6 POD with built-in sampled drums.

Xin

--------------------
XIN

Guitars:
1987 Japanese Strat bought in Okinawa, Japan - Floyd Rose
2006 - 30th Anniversary Schecter C-1
2006 - Ovation Balladeer
2007 - ESP Stephen Carpenter SC-607B 7-String Baritone

Amps:
2003 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto half stack
2006 Marshall AS100D acoustic amp

Effects:
Line6 PodXtLive

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:27 AM