Which scales to use?
Rob_g
Oct 9 2006, 10:49 PM
GMC:er
I'm just wondering what scales are good for rock/metal/blues. Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 10 2006, 04:27 AM
It really depends on how you play them. Honestly, you can use any. But pentatonic scales and blues are the most common.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Shred Cat
Oct 10 2006, 09:16 PM
Well that's pretty general right there smile.gif

I'd say for rock and metal you can use major scales and all it's modes (Satriani & Vai), also Harmonic Minor scale and Major and Minor Pentatonic.

For blues you could use Major and Minor Pentatonic with the blues note (b5) and the mixolydian mode of the major scale. In a typical I-IV-V blues, you could use the (key of G) G Mixo over the G7, C Mixo over the C7, and D mixo over the D7, along with G blues and the G major pentatonic scale.

Over course there are probably more options than these but that's all I know.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:19 PM