> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner's Corner 14: Minor Pentatonic Scale, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Mudbone
Oct 23 2015, 04:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 14: Minor Pentatonic Scale by Bear Rose

So I've realized that there are two things I really need to work on - picking hand technique and timing. I chose this lesson because it's really simple, and I can focus on picking and timing instead of learning the melodies and rhythm of a song.

In this lesson I wanted to focus on picking while my unused digits are curled up and out of the way. I want to break away from playing with my fingers anchored on the pickguard.

It's a bit of a departure from the face-smashing metal that I love to do. However, I've already noticed a positive effect on my playing after focusing on this picking technique while playing clean.

Also, I've gotten so used to reliable metal timing (kick! snare! kick! snare!) that I have issues with playing along with a less prominent beat. This lesson has helped me with that.

I'm also posting this after having a few beers. It sounds brilliant right now, but we'll see how it sounds in the morning! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mudbone: Oct 23 2015, 04:21 AM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:50 AM