Deathmetalish Solo, New solo I made
enlo22
Aug 29 2012, 08:40 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCAT4TXT-0...eature=youtu.be

I linked it because it wouldn't show up the other way

I was working on this song for a while but then the program i was using started to annoy me so i decided to just use this which would be better than nothing. I've been practicing some of the scales more to be more fluid. I'm happy how it came out and i would appreciate your comments guys! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by enlo22: Aug 29 2012, 08:40 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
korblitz
Aug 29 2012, 08:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
is that a bottle of jack Daniels?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
enlo22
Aug 30 2012, 12:38 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (korblitz @ Aug 29 2012, 07:51 PM) *
is that a bottle of jack Daniels?

oh yeah sorry haha i forgot to move it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Aug 30 2012, 04:23 AM
Instructor
Guitar sounds nice!
One moment - be more careful with rhythmic side of playing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
enlo22
Aug 30 2012, 06:05 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Max Sokolov @ Aug 30 2012, 03:23 AM) *
Guitar sounds nice!
One moment - be more careful with rhythmic side of playing!

Thank you, and can you explain more of what you mean by being more careful with the rhythmic side of playing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 30 2012, 09:54 PM
GMC:er
Some really good chops and techniques in there! Some of it may have been a bit outside of the key at hand in spots but it's Metal so that's fine smile.gif But as was mentioned, go back and listen to the rythm part as it relates to the solo itself. Connecting the solo to the rythm guitar part using rythmic elements (picking pattern, speed, note groups) helps the solo sound connected to the song.

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Aug 29 2012, 03:40 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCAT4TXT-0...eature=youtu.be

I linked it because it wouldn't show up the other way

I was working on this song for a while but then the program i was using started to annoy me so i decided to just use this which would be better than nothing. I've been practicing some of the scales more to be more fluid. I'm happy how it came out and i would appreciate your comments guys! smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Aug 31 2012, 01:52 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 30 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Some really good chops and techniques in there! Some of it may have been a bit outside of the key at hand in spots but it's Metal so that's fine smile.gif But as was mentioned, go back and listen to the rythm part as it relates to the solo itself. Connecting the solo to the rythm guitar part using rythmic elements (picking pattern, speed, note groups) helps the solo sound connected to the song.

Thanks Tod, I'm still a noob at this guitar stuff but having fun with it. The out of key thing is completly right and i wish i could learn more about it but i get super confused about it sometimes. I've been getting alot of influence from chuck schuldiner! obviously i still have long ways to go! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 31 2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Some good ideas in there ! One thing I noticed was about the rhythm track you're playing over. The guitar seems to be playing a riff that uses straight 4/4 timing but the kick drum seems to be playing a pattern that has more of a swing to it, like For Whom the Bell Tolls.. so it sounds like the riff and drums are not following the same accents. I'm talking about bits like at 0:18. Hopefully that makes sense ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2012, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Good solo mate. I like the composition. I also think that you should concentrate on timing to make the solo sound tighter with the backing. Sometimes you are a bit after the beat. Great job by the way! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
enlo22
Sep 1 2012, 05:19 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Yeah i've been having a hard time with the times and things.. i get the basics but when people talk about odd timing it confuses me. and for the drums i'm terrible at making them haa

--------------------

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Sep 1 2012, 07:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Aug 30 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Thank you, and can you explain more of what you mean by being more careful with the rhythmic side of playing?

I mean that your timing is not very accurate - phrases are often not connected to song beat.

I bet you know band Necrophagist, listen to their solos - every note is in the right place and this makes sense smile.gif

This post has been edited by Max Sokolov: Sep 1 2012, 07:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2012, 11:07 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 31 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Some good ideas in there ! One thing I noticed was about the rhythm track you're playing over. The guitar seems to be playing a riff that uses straight 4/4 timing but the kick drum seems to be playing a pattern that has more of a swing to it, like For Whom the Bell Tolls.. so it sounds like the riff and drums are not following the same accents. I'm talking about bits like at 0:18. Hopefully that makes sense ?

Wow, that was so much more articulate and actually nailed what I was flubbing around saying in terms of playing on/against the rythm. Well said!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:14 AM