2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Whisper A Prayer, That sound!
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 13 2007, 01:02 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 12 2007, 08:57 PM) *
Wow! Thanks for the info Pavel ... I can feel a Digitech whammy in my future maybe smile.gif

Right, off to read about Sustainiacs ...

Cool stuff - I looked at the Whammy, don't think I need one of those, but that Sustainer ... wow! I'm seriously tempted to get my Jem modded, but I wonder how good the sustainer pickup is in regular mode compared to the Neck EVO I have now, which has a seriously nice clean sound ...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 13 2007, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
Andrew, I just watched it on utube. It sounds to me like Humpback whales. Or maybe the back tracking for a nature show for them cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 13 2007, 04:25 PM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 13 2007, 11:16 AM) *
Andrew, I just watched it on utube. It sounds to me like Humpback whales. Or maybe the back tracking for a nature show for them cool.gif

Maybe he has a whale-a-tron effect pedal down there somewhere ....

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 13 2007, 04:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 13 2007, 02:02 PM) *
Cool stuff - I looked at the Whammy, don't think I need one of those, but that Sustainer ... wow! I'm seriously tempted to get my Jem modded, but I wonder how good the sustainer pickup is in regular mode compared to the Neck EVO I have now, which has a seriously nice clean sound ...

I think if it screwed up the sound on his guitar, Vai wouldn't put it in his guitar! And just to inform you - that particular JEM is called "Flo" (Vai names all of his guitar to make it easier to communicate with his guitar tech), it's his most used guitar right now and he plays almost complete shows using only that guitar for all songs so i bet it has great sound!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 13 2007, 05:13 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 13 2007, 11:36 AM) *
I think if it screwed up the sound on his guitar, Vai wouldn't put it in his guitar! And just to inform you - that particular JEM is called "Flo" (Vai names all of his guitar to make it easier to communicate with his guitar tech), it's his most used guitar right now and he plays almost complete shows using only that guitar for all songs so i bet it has great sound!

Cool - Pavel you know a lot about this, thanks!

Now I know about Evo and Flo, Evo used to be his favourite but it is now damaged and unplayable I think? I thought he would have been using Flo just for that song or similar, but if he uses it all the time now, that answers the question, thanks!

Hmm. I wonder if my tech would do the mod for me ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Speedeh
Jul 13 2007, 05:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 13 2007, 05:13 PM) *
Hmm. I wonder if my tech would do the mod for me ...

Don't forget to ask about LED inlays and crazy night vision goggles biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 13 2007, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (Speedeh @ Jul 13 2007, 12:17 PM) *
Don't forget to ask about LED inlays and crazy night vision goggles biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 13 2007, 06:46 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
And the finger lasers!! cant forget those!!

But those NVG's are kickass you know smile.gif Shredin' in the dark!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:33 PM