8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Onetabmat's Bootcamp, You have chosen the path of the Warrior!
onetabmat
Feb 4 2019, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2019, 02:22 AM
GMC:er
BINGO!!! That's what I was looking for. I want to be able to hear each individual note during that fast back and forth bit. I knew you could play this with a bit more time in the wood shed!! let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONORWell Fought Soldier!! This is a very tricky bit of playing. It's got two entirely different bits hooked up together which makes it very very tricky indeed. The first part is slow then the scale is double time. You play it at speed and nailed it!
Let's Debrief...

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
is firmly planted on the bridge and you are starting to articulate the pick very well with a pinch of wrist and some finger action. Well done there!

PRECISION IS THE KEY This is a very good workout for either alt picking or econ depending on how you approach it it.

ARTICULATION: No unwanted notes and very even and deliberate pacing. Score!!!

In short, your hard work is paying off in spades and you are more than ready for the hurdles that away you in coming missions! ATTACK!!!

You just.....

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Feb 4 2019, 11:47 AM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Mar 29 2019, 10:14 PM
Learning Roadie

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Mar 29 2019, 09:38 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2019, 07:19 AM
Soldier, that's one of the best MISSION 22s I"ve seen. Ever. Thats the lick I've been trying to share for as long as I can remember. BINGO! You got it. That's the finger pattern and pull off pattern that makes this lick shred. Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

PULL OFF MAGIC: This lick only works at speed with the pull off technique well in hand. It's not easy to pull this lick off at this speed, with this level of precision. Nice!
REVERSAL: Backwards and forwards, no problem.

AGGRESSIVE STYLE: Full tilt without losing control.

You pretty much nailed it. This is another great lick for solo work. I use it quite a bit as it's one of my favorite licks. You can apply this to other scale modes as well. You killed it and just..
LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Mar 29 2019, 05:14 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2019, 06:11 AM

MISSION 23 DEBRIEF

Nice!!!!!! This one has a much feared PINKY SLIDE!!!! Many a soldier has packed up and just called it quits rather than face the fact that the pinky needs to slide!!! You did it with ease and grace. You can take this type of lick and run it all the way up the neck and all the way back down.

MEDALS OF HONOR
PINKY TRAVEL: Nice fret travel! Not only traversing strings, but traveling up the fretboard in a very smooth and precise fashion.

PACING: The pacing is nice and even and deliberate as it should be.

MUTING: VERY good job muting on this as it's one of those licks that is prone to cause string noise. You keep a good solid palm mute while using your thumb and finger to control the pick. It's the culmination of everything we work on in chat and it's coming together nicely!!!!

In short, you just ...
LEVELED UP!
Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 1 2019, 05:30 AM
MISSION 24 DEBRIEF

Yet another Victory March Soldier!!! None of this seemed to make you even break a sweat!!! Good reach, picking, it's all in there!!! Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

Congrats Soldier! You are knocking em down left and right!! Let's Debrief!! ...
BTW Such a lovely Ibby there, every time I see it

PICK AND HAMMER-ON: The "Pick and Hammer-On" is very important and you have a very good grasp here both ascending and descending.

MUTE MADNESS: Very good control of leaving your palm in one place and using your fingers to make notes. This is something I try to teach all the time and it takes folks quite a while to get the hang of it. You nailed it!

TIMING: Very tight and very evenly played. This is not easy to pull off on this lick and you used your PINKY!!

In short, you just ...
LEVELED UP!
Attached Image
Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 1 2019, 05:35 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 2 2019, 05:41 AM
MISSION 25 DEBRIEF

Well Fought Soldier!!! This is quite a deft bit of shreddery and you blew through it with ease! Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

STEADY ON:
You do a great job of pick control on this one. Steady pace and even playing. Nice!!

PALM MUTE MADNESS: Very clean palm mute per usual as I've come to expect. Nice!!

TRAVERSELY SPEAKING: This can a VERY VERY confusing lick, with all the back and forth movement between strings. Not for you!!!

This is a tricky bit and you just KRUSHED it!!

In short, you just ...
LEVELED UP!
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 3 2019, 04:32 AM
MISSION DEBRIEF MISSION 26

Another Victory!!!!! Yet again I'm impressed with your hand strength here. You keep your palm mute and still manage to do hammer on/pull off runs without picking each note. That's a skill that can be very hard to teach as it requires endless hours of finger drills to get enough power in the fingers. You've clearly put your time in the Wood Shed! Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PERMA MUTE: Mute like a Rock!!! Planted palm mute and using your fingers to control the pick. Nice!

TRAVERSELY: Traverse is just plain difficult for many a Soldier. Traverse of course, just talking about moving from one string to another. Once you get this, soooooo many other things fall in to place and you got a really good handle on it Soldier!!

SYNCHING: Even handed timing and synch. Not rushing or dragging, just right.

You got this one sorted Soldier!! You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!
*You also just earned your Next Chevron!
Attached Image
Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2019, 04:56 AM
MISSION 27 DEBRIEF
MEDALS OF HONOR
PLANTED MUTE: Easy to get string noise when traversing, good to see you muting well!

SYNCH ON POINT: If your hand synch drifts even a pinch, drills like this will let you know. Not a problem here.

TRAVERSELY: Being able to traverse frets and strings while making everything sound like it's being played on one string that's moving under your hand instead of your hand moving, is the goal and you nailed it

In short you are more than ready for what's next! You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 5 2019, 04:58 AM
LESSON 28 DEBRIEF
MEDALS OF HONOR

Finger Traverse: With skill and grace, you traverse like a champ!

Mute Like You Mean it: Very good muting without string noise. KEY to playing a bit like this. Without good muting, it's a mess.

Articulate Picking: Picking articulation is some of the best from you I've seen.

In other words, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2019, 06:22 AM
Another Kill!! You are really killing it Soldier!!! These are almost too easy for you!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR MR CLEAN: Clean muting/picking. Doing a great job managing the string noise that is very hard to escape in licks like these! Nice!

MR SMOOTH: Very smooth timing. It's often the case that these licks get rushed, dragged, but not by you!!

MR BOOYA! I like that you play with attitude Soldier!

You have really burned through these. I think you are in a good groove here. Keep it up!!

In other words you just..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 1 2019, 09:02 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 31 2019, 08:57 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2019, 09:02 AM
Well Fought!!!! You are on your way Soldier!!! You are clearly well prepped for the battle. Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR
SYNCH OR SWIM This workout, like many of these, will help show you if there are any gaps hiding from view. The good news is I don't see any!!! Your hand synch is tight.

TECHNIQUE ON POINT Your right hand is well planted to prevent unwanted string noise, and it's doing a good deal of the muting. This is something else that stumps many players as they often rely on right hand muting which results in not being able to play certain licks without generating string noise.

STEADY AS A ROCK Keeping your pace from rushing or lagging, That's one of the hardest things of all. This is VERY important and you've got a really good handle on it.

You have the tools to go all the way Soldier!! Keep it up!! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Sarge
QUOTE (onetabmat @ May 31 2019, 03:57 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 1 2019, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 2 2019, 04:14 PM
Learning Roadie

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Jun 2 2019, 04:08 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2019, 11:52 PM
MISSION 31 DEBRIEF!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SYNCH IT This workout, like most, will help show you if there are any gaps hiding from view. There is always room to work a bit on synch, no matter how good it gets. keep it up!

TECHNIQUE ON POINT Your right hand is well planted to prevent unwanted string noise, and it's doing a good deal of the muting. You switch to arm muting on the right arm when you start tapping and do a good job keeping string noise at bay.

STEADY AS A ROCK Your picking is very clean and even. Like I always say, you gotta learn to play like a robot if you wanna shred like a God!!!

This one has a lot of moving parts that let me see where you are at. You are in a good spot! Your playing is solid. It could use a pinch of polish here and there but you'll work through that as you move forward. You've got these sorted. Stick a fork in it!
In short you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2019, 05:08 AM
MISSION 32 DEBRIEF!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SYNCH OR DIE You may have noticed how much emphasis I put on hand synch. It's part of nearly every drill in bootcamp. If one has poor hand synch, one is a poor player. It's that simple. If your synch is bad, your playing is bad. Good news here is your synch is spot on!

MUTE OF DEATH You may have also noticed how much I focus on palm muting. I make these licks so that it's hard to cheat and use the left hand to mute. This is so that hen you want to play open string licks, etc, you will be able to.

PRECISION KILLS I always encourage picking from the thumb/finger then back along the hand/wrist. The only way to get used to picking this way, dare I say the "proper way", is by repetition. You started with good technique and it's getting better!
In short, you had no problems with this one. You are hitting your stride and you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!

You are TOP DAWG in Quick Licks, at this rate, you may soon be TOP DAWG in Bootcamp as well!
Attached Image
Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 4 2019, 05:09 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2019, 05:39 AM
MISSION 33 DEBRIEF!!!!

Welcome to STRETCH HELL!!!!! This lick just can't be done properly without the Pinky. The good news is that you have a good command of the little finger!! This one requires you stick the landing over and over and over all the way up and down. Also, non stop string traverse means lots of chances to miss a single strike and blow the entire drill. More good news, no misses! Let's Debrief.
MEDALS OF HONOR

MUTE AND MORE MUTE Bad muting on this means BIG STRING NOISE since you have to take your left hand OFF the fretboard to let the open strings ring just a bit. So you can only mute with your right hand. You continue to impress with your solid planted palm on the bridge!

SYNCH MUTE One slip on hand synch and you get to start over. No problem here. This requires the dreaded "Synch Mute", e.g. hand synch while doing a palm mute. Well played!

TRAVERSING NOT TRAVESTY New string every three notes. This one is non stop string traverse so if your traverse is bad, the lick falls apart. Not so! Your traverse game is good.

Great job on the REEAAAAAACHH!!! You just....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 5 2019, 05:40 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2019, 12:02 AM
MISSION 33 DEBRIEF!!!!!

Wow! This is NOT an easy Mission. It requires focus and precision. You have wads of both.

MEDALS OF HONOR

MUTE You continue to impress with your solid planted palm on the bridge! This is the key to Thumb Articulation. Being able to keep your palm from moving and still move the fingers.

SYNCH MUTE This Mission requires the dreaded "Synch Mute", e.g. hand synch while doing a palm mute. This is key to my entire playing style.

TRAVERSING NOT TRAVESTY Perpetual Burn becomes perpetual Traverse! Miss one and you get to start over. No problem you never miss!!!
You are playing with confidence and precision. Keep it up!

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2019, 11:11 PM
MISSION 34 DEBRIEF!!

HALF YOUR SQUAD GOT KILLEDYou've had a good run Soldier!! But sadly, this Mission seems to be one that requires another look. You have got the left hand going great!! You have good reach, good precision and good synch!! Now that BAD NEWS. Your RIGHT HAND is letting your squad down. This is an open string lick with traverse. The point of these licks is to show gaps in your palm mute. If there are gaps you will hear string noise and I'm hearing string noise. You've got to mute enough to prevent the other strings from ringing but not so much that you kill the notes you are trying to created.

In short, your palm mute needs a bit more polish on this one. Slow this down a pinch and focus on only letting the string you are working on ring through. The other strings should not be resonating. This is what makes this Mission tricky. You can do it Soldier!!

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 11 2019, 10:50 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:41 PM