My Pick Wont Hold Still!, I can't get my pick to stay in place.
Shredder
Aug 31 2007, 07:50 AM
GMC:er
Ive been working on a song by Lamb of God recently. There's a passage in the song that has a lot of fast paced palm muted notes on the 2 low strings which is followed by an Artificial Harmonic. My problem is that when I'm strumming away the pick keeps moving farther back into my hand, and by time the Artficial Harmonic comes up the pick is way out of position. I don't know, mabey I'm strumming too hard or I'm holding the pick wrong?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Ryan
Aug 31 2007, 07:53 AM
Maybe your doing nothign wrong. Maybe its just the pick, and that your sweating sort of. Try washing your hands and cleaning your pick off biggrin.gif. IF that doesnt help. Get a Pick with some grip!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 31 2007, 07:54 AM
QUOTE (Shredder @ Aug 31 2007, 02:50 AM) *
Ive been working on a song by Lamb of God recently. There's a passage in the song that has a lot of fast paced palm muted notes on the 2 low strings which is followed by an Artificial Harmonic. My problem is that when I'm strumming away the pick keeps moving farther back into my hand, and by time the Artficial Harmonic comes up the pick is way out of position. I don't know, mabey I'm strumming too hard or I'm holding the pick wrong?

Hi Shredder biggrin.gif
I have that problem sometimes too.You just have to work on holding it in place better.Or there's s thing called gorila snot laugh.gif you can buy that helps you hold on to pick at musicans friend.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Aug 31 2007, 07:57 AM
See I think a lot of peoples problems, with their pick slipping. Is not because of holding the pick wrong or anything. I think it takes time, and experience to get it where you dpnt lose your pick. Also greasy hands and stuff. But see I can go up and handle the pick just fine, maybe even better when my hands are kinda sweaty (Thats how i can tell there nice a ready to JAM). Thats what guitar is all about. Practice Practice Practice. Eventually youll get it to where it doesnt slip.

Thats just IMO

This post has been edited by Ryan: Aug 31 2007, 07:58 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Shredder
Aug 31 2007, 08:00 AM
ok thanks, makes me feel better knowing I'm probably not doing anything wrong.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 31 2007, 02:12 PM
Out of curiosity, what picks are you using? I used to have this problem a lot with my old Fender picks, but when I switched to Claytons the problem went away. These are the picks I normally use, check this link out and see if you can find these picks at your nearest Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cla...icks?sku=110419

Edit: Woah, reading those reviews I didn't even know how good they really were. Picking them up out of random, I assumed they were decent.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Aug 31 2007, 02:18 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:12 AM