"satriani" Ibanez Guitar.., Any good?
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 03:22 PM
GMC:er
Heyo, I got this dvd, the Satch Tapes, and I'm impressed with his playing. He is damn good!
I got a stratocaster ,which is awesome for almost anything. But I was thinking about something with humbuckers so I could play metal (not that I play metal alot) and satriani style stuff BETTER. My strat has singlecoils, the output is a bit low because of that. I was seaching on some site and found these, are they actually better than my stratocaster regarding satriani stuff and neoclassical shred thingy's? Love the look tbh:D I thought it would be a good buy, they're not expensive.http://www.musik-produktiv.de/ibanez-signature-js100tr-joe-satriani.aspx

Recommondation's are welcome!!! Just not the Jem... I hate that thing with a passion!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 12 2009, 03:39 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
lcsdds
Apr 12 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 12 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Heyo, I got this dvd, the Satch Tapes, and I'm impressed with his playing. He is damn good!
I got a stratocaster ,which is awesome for almost anything. But I was thinking about something with humbuckers so I could play metal (not that I play metal alot) and satriani style stuff BETTER. My strat has singlecoils, the output is a bit low because of that. I was seaching on some site and found these, are they actually better than my stratocaster regarding satriani stuff and neoclassical shred thingy's? Love the look tbh:D I thought it would be a good buy, they're not expensive.http://www.musik-produktiv.de/ibanez-signature-js100tr-joe-satriani.aspx

Recommondation's are welcome!!! Just not the Jem... I hate that thing with a passion!

Jesse.....are you wanting a trem? If not you could have a body just like that built but put a fixed bridge on it. Just a thought. Those are nice guitars though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, need a trem, I need to make it squeal:D Like satriani does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 12 2009, 03:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 12 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Yeah, need a trem, I need to make it squeal:D Like satriani does.

That would be the one you want then. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, but is it really good?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 12 2009, 03:51 PM
Have you tought about an Ibanez S470 it's in my opinion way better:

It has ZR bridge the JS has Edge II bridge.
It has a lightweight mahogany body, JS has basswood body.
Both have 22 frets S470 jumbo, JS medium frets
S470has a H-S-H puckup configuaration with to be honest not so good pickups, the JS has H-H pickups configuaration with also not very good pickups.
Then the price S470 = 498 euros while the JS costs 698 euros.

My personal conclusion is that the S470 is a better guitar for me personal because for the 200 euros you pay more for the JS 100 you can easely find good pickups to replace the stock ones from the S470.
Did i mentioned that the S470 has very good sustain much better then the current S prestige guitars, i was planning well still planning to buy a black S470 but i got a Fender strat for my birthday so i put it on hold untill the end of the year.

hope this helped.

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 12 2009, 03:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Apr 12 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Have you tought about an Ibanez S470 it's in my opinion way better:

It has ZR bridge the JS has Edge II bridge.
It has a lightweight mahogany body, JS has basswood body.
Both have 22 frets S470 jumbo, JS medium frets
S470has a H-S-H puckup configuaration with to be honest not so good pickups, the JS has H-H pickups configuaration with also not very good pickups.
Then the price S470 = 498 euros while the JS costs 698 euros.

My personal conclusion is that the S470 is a better guitar for me personal because for the 200 euros you pay more for the JS 100 you can easely find good pickups to replace the stock ones from the S470.
Did i mentioned that the S470 has very good sustain much better then the current S prestige guitars, i was planning well still planning to buy a black S470 but i got a Fender strat for my birthday so i put it on hold untill the end of the year.

hope this helped.

I agree with this 100%.....I had a JS body built and put a ZR in it though. I like the JS bod better but I just can't say enough good things about the ZR. THEY ROCK....especially if you are gonna be doing A LOT of Satch squeals.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 04:02 PM
Awesome! Could you help me with some pickups? I honestly don't know any good ones for that kind of stuff:D Cool, we both have a strat!

That guitar is from Korea, but it is good right? Not like some cheap remake thing...?

Ok, one question tho:D
How can a 500 guitar beat my stratocaster :X?
Are the humbuckers THAT much better? I mean, shouldn't an ibanez be around 1000 then too??

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 12 2009, 04:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 12 2009, 04:15 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 12 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Awesome! Could you help me with some pickups? I honestly don't know any good ones for that kind of stuff:D Cool, we both have a strat!

I love strats but the S470 has an advantage over a strat aswell comfort because of the sleek body but don't let it fool you because of the thin body the tone is huge.

I'm no expert on pickups but Dimarzio pickups are very affordable if you are really into satriani i think the PAF Pro would be nice they are used in the neck position, i read that they are really friendly to single coils and make a good setup combined with a hotter bridge pickup maybe the tone zone i think that will be good for metal there are soundclips on the dimarzio website you can listen to but i don't think you should expect thesame sound. Maybe for the single coil a pro track but like i said i'm no expert and i don't think you should stick to one brand.

Greetz,
Chris

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 04:18 PM
Ah bedankt:D wink.gif Paf Pro's are cool, I saw a video, and Gilbert used those as well. So thats the tone zone and the PAF PRO?The tone zone is good for metal, but I don't really play that, and I don't really know what pickups satriani uses for most of his songs. Can't I just buy HIS pickups, or is that too expensive:D

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 12 2009, 04:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 12 2009, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 12 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Ah bedankt:D wink.gif Paf Pro's are cool, I saw a video, and Gilbert used those as well. So thats the tone zone and the PAF PRO?The tone zone is good for metal, but I don't really play that, and I don't really know what pickups satriani uses for most of his songs. Can't I just buy HIS pickups, or is that too expensive:D

Paf pros is what satriani uses in the JS 1600 he has a paf pro in the neck and a Fred in the bridge but anyways i don't think you could go wrong if you use what he has in his guitars but then you only have to add a single coil pickup in the middle position smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 04:42 PM
yeah , Ill keep that singlecoyl that first:D Ok. Im getting a paf pro and a fred then I guessD:

Those are fairly cheap, I'm definately saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

With my birthday in July, I think I could actually get enough money by the end of the year. I will ask money, and ill save a bit and I'll have the money to get the guitar. Then at 5th december I can ask for the pickups:LD YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

--------------------

+Quote Post
29a
Apr 12 2009, 04:45 PM
I've got a S470 and it is a good guitar. There are two things that I didn't like on it: the bridge pickup (I replaced it with a dimarzio evolution) and the trem. The trem is just a pain in the butt to set up properly, but they generally are.

But I've got another recommendation for you: Ibanez RG 1570. It costs about 200€ more but it's a made in Japan prestige model and quality wise probably superior to the S470 and the JS-100. Give it a try.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 12 2009, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
He gets a lot of his sound from his Peavey JSX amp as well mate, they are good value but still moderately expensive in amp terms, is your exisitng amp up to the job do you think?

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 04:46 PM
lool, dont take it as racist. But I don't like a guitar from Japan:P

I got fender frontman 65 watt. Ill just get a satchurator too:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 12 2009, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (29a @ Apr 12 2009, 05:45 PM) *
I've got a S470 and it is a good guitar. There are two things that I didn't like on it: the bridge pickup (I replaced it with a dimarzio evolution) and the trem. The trem is just a pain in the butt to set up properly, but they generally are.

But I've got another recommendation for you: Ibanez RG 1570. It costs about 200€ more but it's a made in Japan prestige model and quality wise probably superior to the S470 and the JS-100. Give it a try.

Jonas

Then you still need to replace the pickups because the V7 & V8 are really not good for distortion they are very good when playing on the clean chanel tough .

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 04:57 PM
Im getting the paf pro and the fred:) Yes I AM:D plus S470 hehe By 2010, I'll have one. And my skills will be that much better so I can play satch boogie!

--------------------

+Quote Post
29a
Apr 12 2009, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Apr 12 2009, 05:53 PM) *
Then you still need to replace the pickups because the V7 & V8 are really not good for distortion they are very good when playing on the clean chanel tough .
In my opinion they are already far better than the inf bridge pickup on the S470. But on the other hand I love the neck pu on the S470 a lot. I guess it's not just the PU but also the fact that it's a 22 fret guitar.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 05:35 PM
I put this in my room, to remember me what im saving for!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  S407.doc ( 634.5K ) Number of downloads: 121

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 12 2009, 06:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (29a @ Apr 12 2009, 04:45 PM) *

Jonas

Do you have the ZR Jonas? The ZR takes like 5 minutes to set up....very simple. smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:56 PM