For The Mac/apple Users, Mighty Mouse rant
VinceG
Aug 29 2009, 08:52 AM
GMC:er
I'm gonna express my anger right now. Yes, it's hardware issues. Mainly on the Mighty Mouse (either wired or wireless) side of things. To put it straight and bluntly, I am an Apple user and a fan boy, but this mouse is just a blunder. It's finger straining, annoyingly slow even on the fastest tracking speed, and not very precise. The track ball will also break on you 96-98% of the time. If you're an apple user and planning to buy this mouse, please just skip it and buy a Microsoft mouse. I don't think there are any blutooth mouse in Microsoft world yet, but I would gladly put up with the annoyance of USB wireless rather than this mouse. Man, I only used this mouse for 4 months, and it crapped out on me. Save your money, don't buy this mouse. For the money I payed for the Wireless Blutooth mouse ($70-$80), I could have gotten a $30 that will do the job much better. In fact, I'm using my moms wireless logictech mouse right now, and it feels so good on the hands with fast tracking.

Yeah, I'm done now. Trust from a fanboy like me, this mouse will waste your money.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wrk
Aug 29 2009, 10:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Completely agree with you .. i'm an apple fan as well, but they never managed to build a decent mouse. They created so many innovative and user-friendly stuff over the years .... what's the big deal to produce a reliable mouse (?)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 29 2009, 11:09 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'm getting a Macbook Pro in a few weeks, and I considered buying this mouse as I really liked it actually while trying it out.. But if it's pretty unreliable, maybe I'll reconsider smile.gif

Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Aug 29 2009, 03:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have no allegiances to any operating system or hardware combo. And I have to agree that the mighty mouse is a let down to the usual elegance that the mac's present. However, I've been using my wireless BT mightymouse for about 2 years though and don't have any trouble with it. I use it in an environment where I have IP keyboard and mouse sharing between a Mac and a windows computer and it's been toting the load on both platforms for me. I sure agree with you, however, that the MS or Logitech mice are better layed out and more ergonomic. My wife uses a MacBook Pro and got an MS mouse but keeps steeling my mighty mouse because it takes up less desk real estate. As for it's speed, I often use the mouse on my knee with my feet up on my desk, while I surf GMC, so I think you may have a setting issue. I can move it across my Mac screen onto my PC screen and I have skinny legs.

However, I'm not sure I'd ever buy one again as it's not really as comfy as the MS mouse...but it works fine.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 29 2009, 04:13 PM
Instructor
I agree!
I got a Mighty Mouse a few months ago and used it only once.
I hate that thing!
Not very precise and not comfortable at all, at least for me!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 30 2009, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 29 2009, 09:52 AM) *
I don't think there are any blutooth mouse in Microsoft world yet, but I would gladly put up with the annoyance of USB wireless rather than this mouse.

Maybe I misunderstood this, but there are numerous wireless mice that works with Windows. Both BT and non-BT wireless. I don't know if those work on a Mac though..

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 30 2009, 07:02 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Aug 30 2009, 06:48 PM) *
Maybe I misunderstood this, but there are numerous wireless mice that works with Windows. Both BT and non-BT wireless. I don't know if those work on a Mac though..

Hey, that's awesome! I know they would work for mac. Hell, any mouse will work for any OS system.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 31 2009, 03:32 PM
weird, I like my mighty mouse, it's got all I need, scroll weel (ish), right click and left click. And it works fine for me. I suppose it's harder if you play games or something with your computer though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 31 2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know if you can still get these, or if you're willing to go with usb/wireless, but I have here the most indescructible mouse ever made. Plus it had the most available buttons for a long time (might still, but I think steelseries topped it with a wired mouse).

Meet the juggernaut that is Logitech's MX1000:

Attached Image

It's been in service for four or five years now (maybe 4.5?) and I can't break it. I also can't replace it since the "newer better" logitech mouse is a terrible and less-useful change in design. This device has been thrown across the house, smashed into walls, bounced off a tree trunk and cast iron fence. It worked better after each impact. It tracks perfectly for five days on a full charge. It can divide by zero. It is the one mouse to rule them all. We hates it, precioussssss.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 31 2009, 04:09 PM
Instructor
I tried mighty mouse in the store, and although it is very interesting I noticed that it is not that ergonomic and not sturdy at all, it felt really weak. It does look slick and feels good quality, but just not comfortable. I well, I got my trusty Logitech VX Revolution that serves me quite well to be honest wink.gif

I tried mighty mouse in the store, and although it is very interesting I noticed that it is not that ergonomic and not sturdy at all, it felt really weak. It does look slick and feels good quality, but just not comfortable. Oh well, I got my trusty Logitech VX Revolution that serves me quite well to be honest (and costs less) wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Aug 31 2009, 04:17 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:45 AM