> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Farine54's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2019, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Farine! Thanks for the update!

Yes, Diamond Head lesson is tight but there are off course many licks to polish there. It's normal if you haven't been training your technique too much. Have you been trying those John Petrucci's warming ups? I think that adding them to your diary practice can be positive.

Regarding the song... that's not an easy song to start, but this is what I would do:

- First learning the roots (bass notes). This is a big first step. Start diving the song in parts (song structure) and try to learn the roots of each part.

- Then, a second step would be to identify if the roots are part of a major or minor chord.

Are you able to do this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Farine54
Nov 11 2019, 08:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

for the Diamond Head Style lesson, I agree to still have a lot of work. The parts wide gauge are difficult for me because I have very small hands, but I'm hanging on because I like this lesson.

For Romeo and The Lone .... I think I can do what you say.

I will try to write a Guitar Pro tab smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2019, 10:57 PM
Instructor
Excelent!! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Nov 13 2019, 08:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab,

I've working Diamond after my job, I don't now but I have the impression of having passed a course ... So I've make a tape quickly (Bpm like lesson).
There is this difficult passage from 0'14'' to 0'17'' who I've to work on

I realize that it is not always clean but can you tell me if you have the same feeling as me ?

Thanks Gab

This post has been edited by Farine54: Nov 13 2019, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2019, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Farine! That's a lot better man! Good job!

There is some room to polish the licks to make them sound tighter and cleaner but that's a lot better!

We can add a new lesson... do you have any favorites here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Nov 14 2019, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
There are some nice lessons, so I've selected several:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/C-Minor-Soul-Blues/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ethnic-Country-III/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jeffer...Airplane-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Emotio...-Over-A-Ballad/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Vintage-Rock-2/

The one that I like the most is this one, but it seems out of reach for my level :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ethnic-Country-Rock/

I would like to have your suggestion on this small list, depending on my level ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2019, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Farine! Cool list!! I would start with these ones: (in this order)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/C-Minor-Soul-Blues/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Emotio...-Over-A-Ballad/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Vintage-Rock-2/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Nov 16 2019, 12:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok Gab, let's go for the first one cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2019, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Farine54 @ Nov 16 2019, 08:30 AM) *
Ok Gab, let's go for the first one cool.gif

Excelent!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Dec 20 2019, 12:38 AM
Learning Roadie
hi Gab,
here is where I am with the lesson "C minor soul blues", I have a lot of trouble with timing on this lesson sad.gif

thank you for your advice

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2019, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, great to see you practicing this one!

I see that you tend to rush tempo in many parts. I think that the reason is that you already know the parts but you need more time to feel more comfortable with all those phrases.

The next step would be to work on smaller sections again, but this time focusing on details like timing, dynamics, and other expressive elements. This can take the same or maybe more time than learning the parte but it’s what will take your playing to a new level.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Dec 30 2019, 01:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

thank you for your advice, I have been absent lately.

Should I learn the lessons one by one or more at the same time?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2019, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Farine54 @ Dec 30 2019, 09:40 AM) *
Hi Gab,

thank you for your advice, I have been absent lately.

Should I learn the lessons one by one or more at the same time?

Hi Farine! What lessons are you planning to work at the same time?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Dec 30 2019, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I think to "Vintage Rock 2".

Like that I work solo guitar and rythm Guitar. It changes that to do only solo

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2020, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Yeah, working on solo and rhythm lessons at the same time is a very wise decision. We need to keep our lead and rhythm skills always in shape so go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Feb 1 2020, 04:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

It's been a while since I have not really been diligent for the guitar, because I devoted myself to other things. I did not leave everything aside, I played so as not to forget what I learned.

I took note of your last advice to work on my lesson in Cm soul Blues.
I would like to know if there is an evolution on the positive side?

As I was nice in 2019, Santa Claus offered me a pair of monitoring. I find it much easier to manage a recording than with headphones, and I find it an improvement in listening.

thank you for your advice

This post has been edited by Farine54: Feb 1 2020, 04:27 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2020, 10:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Farine! Nice to hear from you!! Congrats on your new monitors!

I have to say that this is a very good take! Your tone and overall feel is very close to the original lesson. If you would like take this one even further, you could put more emphasis on dynamics during the first part (melodic sections). Besides that, the solo section is flawless.

Then, the triads are sounding clean but I notice that there is still some more room to improve rhythm/groove. It seems that you still need to feel more comfortable with the changes and then put your focus on timing.

So, what's next? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Feb 2 2020, 04:55 PM
Learning Roadie
If you think that this work would pass to the REC program, then I would like to propose it smile.gif

Otherwise, I worked on "Romeo & the lonely girl", I will ask your opinion on this one a little later, the time to record a video.

I haven't started the lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Vintage-Rock-2/ yet, I'm going to do it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2020, 03:16 PM
Instructor
I would give this take a 7 but I can't assure what other instructors will do. By the way, sharing takes at REC is always helpful!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Aug 27 2021, 05:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

I am trying to return to the guitar and therefore to GMC as well.

Finger joint problems have made me stop playing the guitar for about a year now. I was very frustrated at not being able to play anymore, so I picked up a bit for 2 months despite the pain caused. And I said to myself why not go back to school. So here I am smile.gif

My index finger and right middle finger are the only ones affected but they are important because I am left-handed ... My doctor and the various examinations have not yet found the source of the problem, I hope that one day it will be cured!

So, I was fed up and I ended up telling myself to hell with the pain and let's play Rock '& Roll.

I would see what that gives.

I'm glad to see you again and play the guitar again.

Farine.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:50 PM