In The Style Of Jack Johnson
gibono
Aug 12 2008, 12:59 PM
GMC:er
Hello everybody, I'm sorry for my english but I'll try to be understood.

I'm looking for videos, exercices, advices, .... to play like Jack Johnson. I'm playing with a pic but I can't play the
rhythmic and effect as Jack does (ex: Better Together). Could you teach me or help me?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 12 2008, 01:54 PM
Hey, I am a big fan of Jack Johnson.

I think it´s easier to make the rhythm used in "Better together", without the pick. Specially if you are playing alone, then you can use the hand to do the percussive sound over the strings. It´s kind of palm muting, but actually striking instead of muting.

If you are using an electro acoustic, you can increase a little bit the presence to make this easier.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Aug 12 2008, 01:54 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
gibono
Aug 12 2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Gus,
thanks for the answer. It's exactly what i am looking for. That's palm striking muting ^^ in fact I haven't any difficulties with the chords or left hand but... I have difficulties to give this kind of chilling, soft rythme. I'll try to play without the pick. But if you have any videos or lesson teaching this kind of stuff I'm in biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 12 2008, 02:48 PM
Next week I will be back from vacation and then I can shoot a video. wink.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 12 2008, 04:45 PM
here is a video about how to do those "chops" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaQoq66H6Xs

+Quote Post
gibono
Aug 13 2008, 08:33 AM
Thank you both biggrin.gif
And thank you Gus, If you could shoot a vid, I think it would be great. Pending, I gonna watch some youtube wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:11 PM