> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Sep 14 2015, 01:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok Gab thanks for your understanding. Can we take baby steps from now on please? I think I'll get more satisfaction that way. Also could you pick another rhythm lesson for me please. I've been struggling with that Hives one too.
Cheers buddy and thank you again for your help and encouragement.
Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 14 2015, 01:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2015, 01:39 PM
Instructor
You can start listening and incorporating this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Classi...nk-Sex-Pistols/

But remember, in 3 days.

What do you think?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2015, 02:12 PM
Yes Gab,

I will post another take here on Wednesday evening as polished as possible. Do you want soundcloud or video? If you want video, do you want it in REC too?

I think I'll enjoy that rhythm lesson as it will remind me of my youth. I remember getting Never Mind The Bollocks on cassette and having to hide it from my dad because of the word "bollocks" on the cover smile.gif

Thanks Gab.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 14 2015, 02:53 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2015, 03:18 PM
Instructor
I would like to see a video, and it's up to you to share it at REC as well. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2015, 03:54 PM
Hello Gab,

I thought I posted this last night. I'm recording again tonight and making video. This is how it was last night. Any tips on more polishing? I know that last bend isn't quite to pitch, it feels like the string is going to break blink.gif

Cheers mate

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-fruscianti-intermediate

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2015, 09:28 PM
Hello Gab,

Please see above post too, I thought I had posted that last night (Tuesday) but I found out that I hadn't clicked the "post" button so I posted it this afternoon.

Below is this evenings video. I tried a few times and the timing is never exactly like yours. Also on playback I think it sounds wrong at 00:24 for some reason but I ran out of time to record another.

I'd like to polish it some more tomorrow night if that's ok with you.

Cheers Gab.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 16 2015, 09:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2015, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 16 2015, 11:54 AM) *
Hello Gab,

I thought I posted this last night. I'm recording again tonight and making video. This is how it was last night. Any tips on more polishing? I know that last bend isn't quite to pitch, it feels like the string is going to break blink.gif

Cheers mate

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-fruscianti-intermediate

Awesome take friend! There are just some little details to adjust:

- bending at 00:14 (It's close!)
- timing from 00:21 to 00:27

Great work!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 16 2015, 05:28 PM) *
Hello Gab,

Please see above post too, I thought I had posted that last night (Tuesday) but I found out that I hadn't clicked the "post" button so I posted it this afternoon.

Below is this evenings video. I tried a few times and the timing is never exactly like yours. Also on playback I think it sounds wrong at 00:24 for some reason but I ran out of time to record another.

I'd like to polish it some more tomorrow night if that's ok with you.

Cheers Gab.

Another beautiful take! The same comment than the I did for the previous audio is applicable here, and I would add that the first phrases has some notes played a bit before the beat. Now that you know the take it's time to start to feel the groove, breath with the backing, feel it. You should start to think less on technique and notes because you are getting comfortable.

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 17 2015, 09:11 PM
Cheers Gab smile.gif

Another one from a different angle, just in case you can pick up anything about hand position etc.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2015, 01:05 PM
Instructor
Great job Phil! This take shows improvements on both timing and bending. About bending, remember that you can use the other two fingers (1 & 2) to help finger 3 to bend.

There is some more room to improve timing but this one is really close! Also, your vibrato could be more consistent and more connected with the track in some moments. It's not bad but there is still room to make it sound more natural.

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 18 2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks Gab,

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will zone out with this piece and play it for 20 minutes and then record, hopefully this will get me in the groove smile.gif
Tonight (Friday) I am at a party with some rock N rollers smile.gif

Saturday morning update before heading to the seaside smile.gif

I think I know what you're doing with this lesson. Am I right in thinking that you are making me extract as much as possible from this lesson to prove to me that it's not just about how how many pieces one learns and gets a pass in REC with, but, more about developing technique in a piece that one feels comfortable in? This allows one to forget about trying to remember the sequence of notes and develop technique that will then be carried over into the next piece that is learnt. It is like the part in Ken Werner's book when he talks about drawing lines in the sand, "Which is progress, drawing new lines or dragging your foot over the same line? The former results in more lines, which seems like progress - but do those lines last, or do blow away in the first breeze? In the latter approach, the line gets deeper. The progress achieved is more long-lasting"

Nice one Gab, it's working, I suddenly don't have the desire to rush to the next lesson until I can play this one as naturally as possible. The only thing that might happen is that I might want a similar piece to learn just to give me a change of scenery so to speak.

If I'm correct in my thoughts then you are one wise dude mate, if I'm wrong then you are still one wise dude because what you are doing has made something happen within me wink.gif

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 19 2015, 09:08 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2015, 04:22 PM
Instructor
hehehe you got me. That's exactly what we are doing. It's good to know that the book is convincing you of this method. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 19 2015, 09:39 PM
Ok Gab,

Got back late from the day at the seaside so didn't have time to get a video sorted but I did record for you.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-frusciante-19092015

Here's a song for ya smile.gif

You spurn my natural emotions
You make me feel I'm dirt
And I'm hurt
And if I start a commotion
I run the risk of losing you
And that's worse

Ever fallen in love with someone?
Ever fallen in love?
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love? (Love…)
In love with someone
You shouldn't've fallen in love with

I can't see much of a future
Unless we find out what's to blame
What a shame
And we won't be together much longer
Unless we realize that we are the same

Ever fallen in love?
In love with someone
In love with someone

You disturb my natural emotions
You make me feel I'm dirt
And I'm hurt
And if I start a commotion
I'll only end up losing you
And that's worse

Ever fallen in love?
In love with someone
In love with someone

Ever fallen in love?
In love with someone
In love with someone

Ever fallen in love?
In love with someone
In love with someone

Fallen in love with
Ever fallen in love with someone
You shouldn't've fallen in love with…

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2015, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the song! I really liked both the music and lyrics. The verse is very interesting, mostly the drums and the vocal phrasing.

We can consider your take on Frusciante's lesson a win! It sounds really good!! Congratulations mate! I only feel that the second bending could be tighter, but it's a VERY little details, you did a great job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 21 2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks Gab,
Is it time for another lesson or do you want more polishing? Now I have a new mind set, if I have a new lesson having got that one then I can restructure my practise back to solo, rhythm, ear training. Having accomplished something has helped and from now on I won't rush any more.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2015, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Well, you already have a rhythm lesson. Let's focus on this lesson during this week and keep on playing the Frusciante lesson twice every day.
You don't need more stuff to practice. If you have free time, you can dedicate it to more creative tasks like composing and improvising.

Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 21 2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks Gab,

That's perfect. I'm trying to come up with something for the creativity workshop 1.

I'm flying out to Spain on Saturday morning, going to the airport hotel on Friday night but only for a week. I'll try to perfect the Frusciante solo by Thursday and get a recording of the rhythm lesson to you if possible.

Thanks for everything Gab and thank you for your kind comments in the favourite takes thread smile.gif

Cheers

Getting better on the bend but I never get the timing spot on. I only notice when I play my track back along with your track.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-frusciante-21092015

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 21 2015, 08:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2015, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Man, this take shows IMPROVEMENTS. The bending is better and also your timing and overall performance. You are so strict with yourself. I have no more words to explain or say that you need to slow down your anxiety and start enjoying this journey. Timing will become natural and tight when your mind make a click, so please keep on playing this one every day, without any hurry to adjust the little timing issues, and start working on the rhythm lesson.

Before you play the lesson twice every day, listen once to the backing and imagine you playing the notes tight over the backing, some air guitar is welcome. If you can play this one tight in 1 month, it's a very short period of time and a BIG progress. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2015, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 22 2015, 01:34 PM) *
Before you play the lesson twice every day, listen once to the backing and imagine you playing the notes tight over the backing, some air guitar is welcome. If you can play this one tight in 1 month, it's a very short period of time and a BIG progress. smile.gif

Thanks Gab,
I do try really hard and wish I had much more time but we have to play with the cards we are dealt.

In the paragraph quoted above do you mean the rhythm lesson or the Frusciante lesson?

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 22 2015, 02:29 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2015, 06:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2015, 10:28 AM) *
Thanks Gab,
I do try really hard and wish I had much more time but we have to play with the cards we are dealt.

In the paragraph quoted above do you mean the rhythm lesson or the Frusciante lesson?

Cheers smile.gif

It's applicable to both, but I refer to Frusciante's lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks Gab,

I thought so but wanted to make sure. I'm on it right now smile.gif

I think the timing is better but is it a little too relaxed now?
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-frusciante-22092015

Here's a couple of songs for you (plus some extra vids smile.gif).

Lost in time I can`t count the words
(I) said when I thought they went unheard
All of those harsh thoughts so unkind
`Cause I wanted you

(And) now I sit here I`m all alone
So here sits a bloody mess, tears fly home
A circle of angels, deep in war
`Cause I wanted you

Weak as I am, no tears for you
Weak as I am, no tears for you
Deep as I am, I`m no ones fool
Weak as I am

So what am I now I'm loves last home
I`m all of the soft words I once owned
If I opened my heart, there`d be no space for air
`Cause I wanted you

In this tainted soul
In this weak young heart
Am I too much for you

I'll be your sailor girl
I'll tip my cap to your parade
Life won't be dreary no
I'll be the waves inside your bed

Pain is your beauty
It hurts the vision in our eyes
Your eyes are smiling now
They watch me cry, they watch me die, watch me die

I can dream, I can dream
I can dream that I'm someone else
I can love, I can love
I can love whoa love someone else
My savior, my darling

Your eyes seep through me
You think you hate the way I mince
I'm screwing yours dreams now
So cynical at your expense

Oh what a sacrifice
All of my dreams will melt away
Oh so who's so special now
No one's more special, more than me, more than me

I can dream, I can dream
I can love, I can love

I can dream, I can dream
I can love, I can love

My savior, my savior, my darling, my darling
My savior, my savior, my darling, my darling
I can dream, I can dream, I can dream, I can dream
I can love, I can love, love, love

I can dream, I can dream
I can love, I can love

I can dream, I can dream
I can love love love, I can love love love

I can dream, I can love
I can dream, love

My darling, my savior
My darling
Dream that I'm someone else
My savior

Here is Ace, (so named because when he was young he kept saying "that's ace" meaning very good) talking about his guitar academy, I think you will agree with a lot of what he says. (website http://www.aceguitaracademy.co.uk/#!news/c193 )

And I've just put a deposit on one of these smile.gif Ace is going to sign a promo pic for me to hang on the wall next to my guitar wink.gif

Enjoy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 23 2015, 08:35 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:36 PM