Whats In Your Rig?, lets see what everyones using at the moment
Xom400
Dec 13 2014, 03:19 AM
GMC:er
Personally I use B.C. Rich Guitars in my Rig, Most notably my NJ Classic bich.
I’ll also use my neon green Gunslinger from time to time.

As for Amps and pedals, I’m using a Laney Ironheart 60w head with an eminence loaded 2x12 Hayden Cab. Occasionally ill use a DS-1 by Boss to tighten the highs and make it sound even more metal biggrin.gif

so what does everyone here use?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
COME TO ME FOR METAL AND TONE!

and maybe a spot of coffee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 16 2014, 12:26 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey welcome to the forum! smile.gif

That is an interesting rig you have there and cool pics. I always thought Boss Ds-1 is a must have pedal for any guitarist.
It works so well with many different setups, especially in front of Marshal AVT50 amps for some reason.

Here is my current bass rig:

Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass (4 string with swamp ash body and maple neck)
Nemesis by Eden 250 watts 1x15 speaker amp
Boss pedalboard with Markbass Superbooster, Digitech Bass Distortion Pedal and Envelope filter pedals, Crybaby bass wah and a Korg Tuner.

I like the fact that the amp is not really heavy and I can carry it around. It broke once and I had it modded so that if I pair it with another 8 ohm cab, I can get full 250 watts of power out of it. Never got a chance to adding another cab to it though, I'd love to get 2x10 cab for it.

Here is a pic of the bass and pedalboard from a rehearsal : LINK

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2014, 04:37 AM
Very cool gear! I used to have a green gun slinger and I should have kept it!! smile.gif Great guitar for the money. Also starting to miss the ESP Bella Lugosi. I was running through guitars at a staggering rate in 2014. I think I went through a couple dozen in one year. Need to slow down a bit in 2015 smile.gif

Attached Image

Also built a massive rack setup in 2014 that I ultimately realized I just didn't need.

Attached Image

So I'm trying to get back to basics smile.gif

*2 Vintage "Golden Era" MIJ Ibanez RG guitars.

* AVID Eleven Rack

* Overloud TH2 plugin.

That's my main gear. I"m trying to switch more towards software and away from hardware this year for flexibility and portability. I think I'm going to get NATIVE INSTRUMENTS ULTIMATE this next year but it's like $1,300 or something so gotta save up!

+Quote Post
Arkanseen
Dec 18 2014, 02:08 AM
I can't do pics atm (phone is being sent back to LG for repair, and web cam sux), but my gear currently includes:

Axes
Ibanez RG450M Seafoam Green
Jackson JS23 Black
Amps/Cabs
Randall RD45 Diavlo
Randall RD212
Crate 2x12 (Home built from old GFX212 amp)
Effects
Boss TU-3
Boss DS-1
Boss GE-7
Digitech MultiChorus
Digitech DigiDelay
OneSpot Power Adapter
Recording
Presonus Audiobox USB Interface
Audio-technica ATH-M40x Studio Headphones
Reaper DAW

This post has been edited by Arkanseen: Dec 18 2014, 02:10 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 18 2014, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Todd - Your photos reminds me of Paul Gilbert guitars from the 80s smile.gif)) Your studio loks exactly how I would imagine Paul's place biggrin.gif Those colors! smile.gif

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Dec 18 2014, 09:41 PM
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

--------------------
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 18 2014, 09:49 PM
Mine is:-
G&L ASAT Classic/Strats/Ibanez RG350DX.
original 80's Zoom Stomps, 2 x Powerdrive, 1 x Hyperlead, 1 x Ultrafuzz and 1 x Trimetal. (All powered by a Guitar Man Supply)
Traynor YCV 40 Amp with my Zoom 9150 in the FX Loop for modulation, reverb and delays.
Home made cables.

Sometimes my original 70's Cry Baby.

I shall try to do some pics over the weekend.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 19 2014, 01:35 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Dec 18 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

Thats a great collection of basses! smile.gif

How do you like the BBE Sonic Maximizer?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 19 2014, 02:41 AM
For a few days ...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 19 2014, 07:26 AM
I like Carvin amps. I just ordered another one, now I have 5. Family owned business out of San Dieago, been around 60 years I think. If you live in the US, I just don't know why anyone would want anything else, they are great and a good buy because Carvin has a business model that keeps the costs down, you have to buy direct from them. And they are great about support.

Here is a metal clip with an amp I just bought. It is really tiny.

http://youtu.be/0qKsRIu6Vt8

And if that does not convince you, this guy certainly will. I mean, anyone with hair like this has to know is stuff.

http://youtu.be/x84Go9XgfiE

This post has been edited by fkalich: Dec 19 2014, 07:43 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2014, 01:59 AM
That guys hair in the second clip is worth a watch for sure smile.gif

CARVIN makes some killer gear and that little V3M is just BAD ASS!!!!! Been eyeballing that amp for a while now. Also, you can get it's big brother the V3 full sized head for pretty cheap on ebay used. Also a meeeeaaannn amp. smile.gif

However, I must admit that the first vid there is THE BEST TONE I"VE EVER HEARD From a V3M. Typically, they sound a bit fizzy IMHO. Here is a clip from tone kind reviewing the big brother unit.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 19 2014, 02:26 AM) *
I like Carvin amps. I just ordered another one, now I have 5. Family owned business out of San Dieago, been around 60 years I think. If you live in the US, I just don't know why anyone would want anything else, they are great and a good buy because Carvin has a business model that keeps the costs down, you have to buy direct from them. And they are great about support.

Here is a metal clip with an amp I just bought. It is really tiny.

http://youtu.be/0qKsRIu6Vt8

And if that does not convince you, this guy certainly will. I mean, anyone with hair like this has to know is stuff.

http://youtu.be/x84Go9XgfiE

Well thanks smile.gif I always liked pauls pix of his studio setups and his gear. They were always colorful smile.gif Made his place look like a fun place to be.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 18 2014, 04:13 PM) *
Todd - Your photos reminds me of Paul Gilbert guitars from the 80s smile.gif)) Your studio loks exactly how I would imagine Paul's place biggrin.gif Those colors! smile.gif

+Quote Post
benetom
Jan 6 2015, 01:37 PM
AT the moment I use this:

Fender Blacktop Strat with Seymour Duncan SH4 and SH2
Digitech GSP 1101 with c63 beta firmware (which alows me to use 10 IR impulses biggrin.gif )
and footcontroler COntrol 2

GSP goes direct to mixer out of XLRs, for monitoring I use 60 W full range response powered monitor and I love it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2015, 01:18 AM
I'm all about RULL RANGE systems! smile.gif I pretty much stopped using my GENZ BENZ 2x12. Now I run through my Rokit 6 monitors and sub. After all, what really matters is the sound coming out of the monitors at the end of the day. What the amp sounds like in the room doesn't matter much if you cant get that tone in to the computer and then back out through the monitors.

Running my 11 rack direct is like having a large Mesa stack in an isolation booth all miced up and ready to go wink.gif

I used to own a GSP1101 and the foot controller and LOVED the fx and controller! But HATED the high gain presets. I use a LOT of palm mute chugging and couldn't get the unit to chug properly no matter what, even after using the beta firmware. However, for any style other than MESHUGGAH it's perfect.

Here is a shot of my riggage during the GSP stage smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (benetom @ Jan 6 2015, 08:37 AM) *
AT the moment I use this:

Fender Blacktop Strat with Seymour Duncan SH4 and SH2
Digitech GSP 1101 with c63 beta firmware (which alows me to use 10 IR impulses biggrin.gif )
and footcontroler COntrol 2

GSP goes direct to mixer out of XLRs, for monitoring I use 60 W full range response powered monitor and I love it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 7 2015, 01:27 AM

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 10 2015, 09:17 PM

Kemper with an Alto TS115A, which one day I would like to upgrade maybe to the higher end Alto Black series or a Yamaha. Either way I would like to get a loud stereo sound from it. I've even thought of getting monitors and a sub instead just not sure it will get loud for those I wanna be a bedroom rockstar days! laugh.gif

Guitars Left to right.
RG920QM - Black (Waiting on the pickups Evo bridge and Gravity Storm neck)
S770PB - Natural (Blackhawks calibrated)
Squire Jazz Bass - Burst (Stock)
RG470 - Blue (Waiting on the pickups Titan bridge/neck)
RG470XL - Dark Green (Stock)

Not Pictured a Washburn MG-34 - Purple

I'd like to trade my RG470XL in for one actually. The 27" neck is kinda weird to me, plays great just weird.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 10 2015, 11:08 PM
A couple of days this past week ...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2015, 09:30 AM
What were you working on during this pray tell?

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 10 2015, 06:08 PM) *
A couple of days this past week ...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 11 2015, 11:40 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I use this:

Ibanez RG Premium RG870 QMZ
Ibanez JEM 7V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Takamine EF341 SC

Fractal Audio AXE FX Mark 2
Matrix GT 1000 FX Power Amp
Matrix FRFR 212 Cab
Furman Power Conditioner
Fractal Audio MFC-101 Midi Foot Controller

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 11 2015, 05:05 PM
Todd, those Sans Amp para EQs can be lifesavers! Do you still have it/use it.

?
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 11 2015, 12:30 AM) *
What were you working on during this pray tell?

A handful of guitar tracks for producer/engineer (Sheldon Gomberg). A few were for a singer/songwriter's potential record and one or two are destined to be cues in some documentary about the west(?). I only used one of those amps in the pic - the Magnatone that my sunglasses are sitting on. I put it in the ISO booth that's behind everything. I mostly used my own amp - a Tone King 'meteor' and just a delay pedal. TC 'alter ego x4' that you can see on the floor.
*I was also very fortunate at the end of the second day to enlist (coerce) everybody to record two quick instrumental tunes for me.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 11 2015, 05:08 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2015, 07:39 PM
The Sansamp para is a killer little device smile.gif The onboard parametric eq and drive section make it handy for so many things and it's a great DI box as well. I was using it to pre treat the signal when I had the GSP1101. Now that I'm using the 11 Rack, it's got all the features of the para built in so I didn't need it anymore.

Sold it to the bass player for HALCYON WAY and he took it on tour to Europe where it saved his bacon many times during shows where his amp croaked. The DI never missed a beat smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 11 2015, 12:05 PM) *
Todd, those Sans Amp para EQs can be lifesavers! Do you still have it/use it.

?

A handful of guitar tracks for producer/engineer (Sheldon Gomberg). A few were for a singer/songwriter's potential record and one or two are destined to be cues in some documentary about the west(?). I only used one of those amps in the pic - the Magnatone that my sunglasses are sitting on. I put it in the ISO booth that's behind everything. I mostly used my own amp - a Tone King 'meteor' and just a delay pedal. TC 'alter ego x4' that you can see on the floor.
*I was also very fortunate at the end of the second day to enlist (coerce) everybody to record two quick instrumental tunes for me.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 11 2015, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:52 PM